Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No, PS4 is more impressive.

Votes: 54 49.5%
  • No, I'll stick with my current gen.

Votes: 18 16.5%

• Total voters

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
excatly they are trying to retort it..... so they if sony goes the same direction it makes sense, and if they don't, then they were vague about the situation all along, i believe they will not let themselves be at disadvantage, they can confirm things, and they can unconfirm things, nothing is set in stone and thats my point.
They can retort any statement they want but the damage has been done. They see how negative the reaction is thus far and they will try a new trick, but in the end they will do what ahs already been professed.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The main flaw here IMO is all the money I invested in downloadable titles like XBLA games is most likely just wasted. The fact that even XBLA games aren't going to work on the new Xbox is retarded.

How much do you want to bet these assholes cut online support for the 360 sometime down the road for no reason like they did with the original xbox? All the fucking servers are hosted by the players themselves. The only reason they would do something like that is to force people to buy the new console.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
im not really a gamer. i really find it hard to be impressed or get excited about hardware these days. a swag of new features that have nothing to do with gaming. a few new integrated gimmicks that will get in the way of actual gameplay. and wow amazing Call of motherfucking duty.

i managed a gamestop for 3 years, and year after year, month after month, i was ground all the way down. the brainless game consumer culture really gets to me. people are happy to buy the same shit week after week after year after year. however im getting off track, thats for another thread.

I see your point. But the Xbox One is a futile attempt to tap into every possible market while just utilizing the name. Literally 80% of the content at that conference dealt with TV, Cable, Movies, Sports. The other 20% went to games. They are shying away from games which is what got them to where they are today. Too much time is being put into interactivity and entertainment. I see why they are doing it, but that doesn't make it right. They aren't leveling up their abilities as developers. They're mixing together all the niceties we have available to us and jam packing it into a $700 dollar box.
They are shying away from games because you can make similar cash developing dumb casual mobile games for a fraction of the cost. They would rather just pretend that PC's don't exist and sell the Xbox One as a supplement to the ignorant to cash in on the media features.

Once a day drm and fees for additional consoles using your game means no. Whatever they show at e3 will probably be cool but theres no way in hell it will be that much better, if better at all, than ps4 to make up for it. Additionally I have 5 different things in my house to control my tv or be a media hub who cares. Xbox one looks like a neat toy for tech people but gamers are gonna flock in massive numbers to sony for gaming hugs.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
They are shying away from games because you can make similar cash developing dumb casual mobile games for a fraction of the cost. They would rather just pretend that PC's don't exist and sell the Xbox One as a supplement to the ignorant to cash in on the media features.
They're not "shying away from games", they're showing off what the system can do beyond games. Games are a given. If the question for most consumers is, "do you want a box that can play games or do you want a box that plays games and offers other options", then they will go with the games+ box.

A wider install base means more customers. More customers means more profit and where there is more profit there will be more developers. The reason "dumb casual mobile games" make so much money is because the devices are already out there due to their overall utility. Having more potential customers is always a good thing, even if most of those potentials did not purchase the platform specifically for your type of product.

Also, Microsoft probably doesn't pretend that PCs don't exist, because they do make quite a bit of cash in the PC market. There are a few successful products that they developed on that platform. ;-)

They're not "shying away from games", they're showing off what the system can do beyond games. Games are a given. If the question for most consumers is, "do you want a box that can play games or do you want a box that plays games and offers other options", then they will go with the games+ box.
That's called a PC. I've been "playing games and more!" for over 10 years on this rig. I think next gen for me is whether I want to sit in a computer chair of on a couch and if it's the couch I'll just get a controller and load up Steam Big Picture.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yeah I lied. new episode of the podcast is out now!!!! We discuss the next gen consoles including the Xbox one! Check it out people!!! Like/subscribe and comment!

Ilthuain

That's called a PC. I've been "playing games and more!" for over 10 years on this rig. I think next gen for me is whether I want to sit in a computer chair of on a couch and if it's the couch I'll just get a controller and load up Steam Big Picture.
I'd be willing to bet that the xbox-1 will have a wider install base than Steam Big Picture...

People like you and I are not the average consumer.

I'd be willing to bet that the xbox-1 will have a wider install base than Steam Big Picture...

People like you and I are not the average consumer.
Maybe so but the only thing that truly matters is being able to get into an online match in under 1 minute for as long as I wish to play said game. Everything else is moot =)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Angry Joe's video sums it up pretty well

You posted it before I could. But yes, it does sum it up well.

Death of console gaming right here, folks. The only upside to it now is that Fighting Game devs still refuse to release their games on PC. So they get a psudo-exclusive.

But I'm a multi-genre gamer. As much as I love Halo and NRS, I'll be dropping consoles because this is just outright bullshit.

Ilthuain

Pay for used games? I've been a die hard xbox fanboy for almost 9 years and I've never owned a PlayStation console but this is deal breaking... If the PS4 doesn't have this then I'm probably gonna be going PS4 next gen.
Used games are going to eventually die anyway. You might as well get used to the idea.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Death of console gaming right here, folks. The only upside to it now is that Fighting Game devs still refuse to release their games on PC. So they get a psudo-exclusive.

But I'm a multi-genre gamer. As much as I love Halo and NRS, I'll be dropping consoles because this is just outright bullshit.
As I pointed out earlier in this thread, this could lead to a pseudo Crash of 1983 (on consoles) all over again. The only difference is that Nintendo, the company who saved the industry from the last crash, will be in no position to do so this time since they are just as much contributing to the problem as Microsoft will be. Let's hope Sony doesn't go down a similar route...

If NRS is smart they will release MK10 on PC as well as console

Ilthuain

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, this could lead to a pseudo Crash of 1983 (on consoles) all over again. The only difference is that Nintendo, the company who saved the industry from the last crash, will be in no position to do so this time since they are just as much contributing to the problem as Microsoft will be. Let's hope Sony doesn't go down a similar route...
Lol, no. The industry is in a completely different situation than it was back in '83, and going for a casual audience isn't exactly the arbiter of doom.

If they changed nothing and completely focused on hardcore games for hardcore people using the same interfaces they have been using for the last decade, then there would be something to worry about.

natey2k4

Noob
I hope more people come over to the PS4. It's more focused on gaming. The "netflix-like" (forget the real name) gaming service for old games is going to be fantastic. PS4 put an emphasis on gaming with some neat side features. X-Box One put the emphasis on side features with gaming secondary.

PS4, at this point, looks like the better system.

When you toss Naughty Dog into the equation and realize their Playstation only - it makes my decision very easy.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I really don't care for the whole idea of my console being socially interactive with skype facebook and other crap while having to be connected at least once a day. I have no interest in participating in their gaming version of big brother.

On the plus side the new controller looks like they finally won't have a shit d-pad.