What's new

Week 2: Zatanna thoughts?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I loveher so much! <3 she is FAR from be op or maybe viable :/ <3 But well i hope we can discover some new tech with her :) I am not dropping her!

Vahfy

Noob
She's a lot better than I originally thought. She doesn't seem to fit any sort of "type" which is where I think I went wrong in trying to figure her out. So many matchups change her style completely. Between characters who don't have projectiles, to dealing with armor, to teleports, to air dashes, to ranged lows and or swamp hands. It is definitely hard to play her 1 way. To me it feels like she has to deal with the matchup more than any other character.

IMO, her best normals are standing 3 and her F211 string. They both have some interesting properties, and deceptive range. These can be odd to use, so they can take some getting used to. F2 kills damage scaling pretty hard, but putting the opponent full screen with just the F211 is nice.

If I could change anything about her, I'd make her fire kiss around 10 frames and add an upward option(kind of like Lobo's shotgun options) that was 6-8 frames. Keep the same frames on her MB version...which I think is around 40 frames.. I know that would change her style a lot, but that would be my selfish request.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
just to make it clear, what happened to her bf3 ? It has truly been nerfed or something ? It's a glitch ?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
The biggest joke is people saying they dont wanna play her because her execution is hard. She has like 0 execution so idk what people are talking about. I played with Killin Natzees last night and lets just ask him about my teleporting.

As for how i find her? Extremely fun, and shes the only reason im playing the game atm

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I love this character.

I've been having great luck with her actually. When you get the hang of her strings and teleports, and levitate cancels, she really starts to shine. I actually think she can be one of the fastest and most mind-fucking characters in the game because of her teleport back, teleport standstill, and teleport-behinds, and ESPECIALLY her levitate/teleport cancels. Meter-burning her teleport to collect payouts from your setups is too good. She has to work her ass off, but it's that hard work that makes you and others go, "DAMN...I'm astounded..."

I've been playing with Zatanna so much lately, I've found myself trying to teleport and execute Zatanna combos with Green Lantern and Zod lmfao. Playing her has made me uninterested in playing any of the other characters; she's just so fascinating.

Superman blues got you down? No problem! Teleport and blow him up from behind.

Has anyone else been playing Zatanna on the Hitbox? It's ridiculously fun. I almost feel like the character was designed specifically for the Hitbox.

Apparently all you people don't believe in magic yet! I think she could be pretty good. Too early to tell tho. Definitely not top 5 braindead tactics like supes, BA, batman, frost, etc. That's a good thing in my book.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Apparently all you people don't believe in magic yet! I think she could be pretty good. Too early to tell tho. Definitely not top 5 braindead tactics like supes, BA, batman, frost, etc. That's a good thing in my book.
Hey! Frost is not braindead anymore! :) I agree about zatanna..all this talk about her being garbage makes me laugh. She isnt an easy pickup to learn type of character so that means she sucks? No

sgZick

Noob
Its basically end of week one for me, since Zatanna release here on PSN Asia was almost 2 weeks late. Actually I really like the character and her moveset. It's pretty clear how she is intended to be played on a basic level and I would like to learn her and make her an alt. I'mm not that good on ultra-precice execution and doubt I'll ever get really good with her, but still, amongst all the DLC chars she was the one I immediately had fun exploring her.

However, I picked up some BnB's some setups and basic stuff and I can pull it off reasonably in Training, however in a real match I have massive problems executing. I see the situation, I have the right answer in mind, but either it doesn't come out (like half divekicks become a J3) or her startup is just to slow. I can't react to shit with her, if I have the advantage or the enemy is cautions I can catch them and get something going. But otherwise I think my Zatanna matchup statistic is still somewhere between 2-8 and 1-9. Especially online almost nothing I try to put on screen comes out as intended or in time. A bit frustrated about her...

The biggest joke is people saying they dont wanna play her because her execution is hard. She has like 0 execution so idk what people are talking about. I played with Killin Natzees last night and lets just ask him about my teleporting.

As for how i find her? Extremely fun, and shes the only reason im playing the game atm
lol, there was a smorgasbord of teleports

Reactions: Jer
So I get my controller back Wedensday so I can actually teleport on time and use Bane's command grab 10 out of 10 times (and not 3 B3's in a row.) But for now this will be my last Injustice Video till Thursday.