What's new

Week 2: Zatanna thoughts?

Yeah that's probably one of her weakest areas is that she has trouble initiating outright through string pressure and without meter. She excels more at baiting and punishing than outright 50/50 initial rushdown pressure.
that was well put. i agree with you, i want to see her do well in this game but the way she is now makes that not very likely.
also she is in desperate need of a d2 buff

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
That's the other thing I was going to mention. If you're motivated enough to write a post about a $5 DLC then likely it's worth the purchase. In addition, if your budget is so tight that $5 will have a significant impact on your life then I'd suggest getting a second job.
a job? Lmao,noone has a job on here.they just sit about all day mastubating into their own feces over the thought of discovering new tech.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Normalize chip damage and meter building in trait but allow movement, low blocking, and trait continuation after blocking. She would be solid.
I disagree. She needs meter building bar. That is what the character is build upon. Without the meter building trait she will be useless Because most of punishing move is from MB.

She needs the chip plus on trait. Plus it is not like you can't duck or invade it.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
It's been a week, and from what I've heard, DLC wise Zatanna's more like a bowl of Lucky charms whereas Martian Manhunter is like a Snickers bar, you know? Snickers gets the job done, satiating hunger with its caramelly goodness, giving you 50/50 nuts or chocolate options in your mouth. Zatanna is more like the cereal in the fact that before you can even eat, you have to have a bowl ready, your utensil, and then you have to put in the milk. You have to watch for spillage when you eat, meaning that your hand to bowl execution must be on point, and sometimes the crunch is a little to loud to hear videos you may be watching on YouTube, causing the snack to take more skill to eat. And while some may call Zatanna an attractive character, it is in fact Martian Man Hunter that may cause you to play the game with one hand if to were to land your gaze at his exposurosity. Aside from the promiscuous Doomsday, no other characters are topless. These are pivotal points we must consider. When eating lucky charms, you must use at least two hands or more, further causing me to have reservations about buying the character Zatanna.
This whole paragraph is fucking FUNNY.

I really don't know much about her. She's difficult to use and her teleport is weirdly hard to execute. Like...I play Lao, I should be able to down>up but nope, Z ain't having it. She zones a lot, I guess? And her Dhalsim set-ups don't seem to work. And I don't get how she's a vortex character, because her normals have like no hitbox.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Zatanna executions are fine. Her normals are just awfull at the first look.

I'm quite sure everyone can block her 50/50 b2/b1 on reaction offline and her jumps in are crap.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
People on this site seem to dismiss characters after cursory glances so, it's no surprise that most of these replies are about how shit tier Zatanna is. Don't believe the hype is all I'm going to say. Practically everyone is viable in this game. Look at what Revolver did with Lex at Summer Jams, and how long has Lex been scoffed at? You see my point.

Zatanna is all about misdirection and set ups with access to high damage either through levitate cancel damage or her many special setups. Contrary to what people try and use Hat stance for, it's better served using up close/mid for combos. Her teleport can be meter burned and helps to compensate for her short ranged normals.
I 100% agree and another note about her normals. Standing 3 is amazing has incredible reach and only 13 frames and safe on block. F2 has more reach that you'd think..its not as good as standing 3 but its fast( 13 frames as well) and can lead into setups/combos on hit and f21 to make it safe on block.

Once I can sit down and play some Injustice I will try to share something to the Zatanna community. I'll take it as penance for offering nothing to Flash community thusfar and hijacking all that tech. As far as MU and gameplay though I believe so far most people are underestimating how good her trait is without using the full duration. Yes you get removed quickly from the trait, but if it were easy to stay in it she would be too OP. She IS a meter character, and I would argue the first character that yoyo's meter as a character concept.

She is also a reaction and set up character so if you are trying to spam stuff it will not work well. You have to set up her trait to force blocks, if you get 3 blocks on them the trait has paid for itself it is basically Black Adam damage + meter. Just set it up constantly instead of 1 or 2 times a match. Her mb teleport is ridiculously strong for players with decent execution and great reaction/read. Soaking up meter on slightly higher damage combos I think is a waste and will be phased out as soon as people get over "i want max damage"

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Once I can sit down and play some Injustice I will try to share something to the Zatanna community. I'll take it as penance for offering nothing to Flash community thusfar and hijacking all that tech. As far as MU and gameplay though I believe so far most people are underestimating how good her trait is without using the full duration. Yes you get removed quickly from the trait, but if it were easy to stay in it she would be too OP. She IS a meter character, and I would argue the first character that yoyo's meter as a character concept.

She is also a reaction and set up character so if you are trying to spam stuff it will not work well. You have to set up her trait to force blocks, if you get 3 blocks on them the trait has paid for itself it is basically Black Adam damage + meter. Just set it up constantly instead of 1 or 2 times a match. Her mb teleport is ridiculously strong for players with decent execution and great reaction/read. Soaking up meter on slightly higher damage combos I think is a waste and will be phased out as soon as people get over "i want max damage"

I like you.

So yeah I found she's like Mileena in the sense that she needs to play on the opponent fucking up to get some things started, but other than that she's actually amazing. MB teleport is seriously godlike, and when people actually start understanding when to use it, it'll be insane. She can set up into trait pretty easily, she gains meter like no other, and her 50/50's are like no others. I'm gunna run a bunch of sets today and see if I can find anything.

Aw you sure know how to make a gamer blush. . . but yeah I wish I had some playtime to get at least her basics down, so that I can start feeling out her strategy and spacing.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I disagree. She needs meter building bar. That is what the character is build upon. Without the meter building trait she will be useless Because most of punishing move is from MB.

She needs the chip plus on trait. Plus it is not like you can't duck or invade it.
Perhaps.

I do think she is bad. "Lobo" bad.

IMO she's fun to use but she just seems unfinished. Her teleport shouldn't be so damn hard to do. I think she have potential somewhere just for the sake of people discovering more and more things and that's gonna take time. I don't really believe in putting a character's viability into stone when they are nowhere near to being fleshed out. She may be slow or have bad mixups but she may make up for it somewhere else. And that somewhere else may take longer than a couple of weeks. But I understand the concerns though.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I definitely like her. :D She is extremely meter heavy but she gets 1 bar instantly with 2 blocks of her trait so I usually go ham by MB everything. xD Then if they get close or whiff I use standing 3 as a punish to put them into the vortex. But...I usually win cause my opponent wants to sit a block the chip. :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like how when she was announced everyone was so hyped to main her, everyone wanted to be a magician, on day 0 some ppl where calling her retarded and comparing her with deathtroke, now she is possibly one of the hardest characters to master, and all the magician wannabes are getting kicked out by her dificulties (MU, Execution etc etc.) LOL tym

Noob
I like how when she was announced everyone was so hyped to main her, everyone wanted to be a magician, on day 0 some ppl where calling her retarded and comparing her with deathtroke, now she is possibly one of the hardest characters to master, and all the magician wannabes are getting kicked out by her dificulties (MU, Execution etc etc.) LOL tym
Only thing even funnier than that is when a trailer comes out and everyone is like " OMG SO BROKEN she is gonna be top 5 FOR SURE"
and then the im so gonna main her and then you watch weeklys and go online and you barely see her if not at all

I know right. Im tripped out by everyone saying that she's bottom. She shouldn't be anything right now because no one has mastered her yet. Saying she's a bad character when she haven't been represented at the highest level or better yet mastered doesn't make any sense. Hell most people were downing the shit out of Raven before she became represented well.

badb

Noob
She is high risk, low reward. low damage, can't punish much well with short and slow limbs. Her mix ups aren't up to par with bat girl or killer frosts or a lot of the casts. All the high damage or good mix ups cost 2-3 bars. master puppet doesn't work on-line. She was rushed and will get eaten by most of the cast. I don't know what tier she is but she can't compete, she loses to everything - zoning, rush down, wake ups, balanced characters who do both better, armor moves, she is free to most the cast point blank or when she wakes up, etc. Her frame data is poor. She can't get things started very well.

she won a popularity poll but the top 10 are easier to learn and perform better, lower risk with high rewards. They all have cheap stuff to start the damage, or mix up, or zone, or get way more damage for less meter or be safer, or whatever..some have it all. People don't play the bottom half of the cast much in any game.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
She is great but most people play her wrong (including myself) since she was just released I've only seen ONE person who has a good idea on how to use her and therefore makes her seem pretty solid. She def doesn't need any buffs/nerfs except fix to her puppet master special.