What's new

We Just Got First Official MK12 Teaser!

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Geras was also a character I think was a pretty cool addition to MK. Not really feeling the same about Ferra/Tor, Kollector, Jacqui and Kung Jin.

Cetrion, Kronika and Takeda are characters I don't really care for, but don't really hate. I think they have potential.

Loved Skarlet and Tremor, as well!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Yeah, sorry but this MOTHER isn't going anywhere:

God I love this nasty bug mom. Seeing this gif makes me want to reinstall and play MK11 again with a fierceness. They did such an amazing job making her truly monstrous in 11.

WHERE MY MK12 AT?! FULL REVEAL TRAILER SOON PLEASE, MR. BOON AND CO.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Pretty sure there will continue to be new characters added just like in X and 11. I don't mind any of the new characters returning. I'm pretty sure there's something to like about all of them.

Bring back Drahmin.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I don't mind OG characters like Sonya, Jax,
and Johnny getting a spot, but kombat kids PLUS og SF takes up too many roster spots. I'm fine with any mix of these as long as they total closer to 4 instead of 8 spots.

I'm not really a fan of Dvorah but I can appreciate her unique design and I'd like to see more new characters with this level of flavor.

I think MK 12 would probably be better if the new character slots didn't go to Earthrealmers. Although I can probably be convinced of a new black dragon or red dragon character if they seemed flavorful and unique.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
and Johnny getting a spot, but kombat kids PLUS og SF takes up too many roster spots. I'm fine with any mix of these as long as they total closer to 4 instead of 8 spots.

I'm not really a fan of Dvorah but I can appreciate her unique design and I'd like to see more new characters with this level of flavor.

I think MK 12 would probably be better if the new character slots didn't go to Earthrealmers. Although I can probably be convinced of a new black dragon or red dragon character if they seemed flavorful and unique.
I don't think they should bring in any new characters. The MK universe is already too bloated as it is. What I would like instead is for them to reimagine a few of the older 3D characters that have not been brought back. Many have potential, so it would reduce bloating the cast further.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
For once I hope we see new characters from other realms. Edenia, Netherrealm, Chaos Realm, Order Realm, hell even Dream Realm could get some acknowledgement.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Having Sonya, Johnny, Jax and Cassie + Jacqui is kinda like wasting slots, for me.

Not a big fan of Takeda or Kung Jin, but at least they had unique playstyle, they were not a copy/paste of their relatives.

So it's Sonya/Jax/Johnny or Cassie/Jacqui, but not all again, please. Or just give the girls a totally different playstyle from their parents.

mattteo

Noob
and Johnny getting a spot, but kombat kids PLUS og SF takes up too many roster spots.

I mind both. Johnny, Sonya and Jax have taken enough spots in enough games. It was great when they died at the end of Deadly Alliance.

Kids are really shitty though. Really silly thinking by NRS for the new generation

They even tried to make a cartoon called MK Ultra Girls....inducing vomit

Kotal Kahn, Ferra/Torr, D'vorah, Skarlet and Kollector have been great additions to MK. It's hard to miss with Outworld characters and this batch expands the realm's scope even further. Shao Kahn has conquered many realms+races and now it feels that way.
Erron Black is good. I like the gunslingin' bounty hunter cowboy thing and being neutral means you can have him as an ally or enemy (unlike Kano).
Geras ended up being good too. I didn't like his initial design at first but his voice, background & sands of time schtick make up for it. It would be cool to see him without Kronika.

Cassie, Takeda and Kung Jin are okay. I wouldn't call them great though. They're good in one field (design/moveset/personality) and lacking in another.
Cetrion is bad. Botched Character, Looks like a Salad and a moveset that's not just derivative but boring too.
Kronika is bad. Bland bland bland.
Jacqui is the definition of "Throw whatever crap you can at the wall and hope it sticks" and the crap they threw ended up being very smelly.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I literally thought I was drunk, created a new account and wrote the post above. Same feeling man.

IMO, Takeda, Dvorah, Kotal, Ferra/Tor and Kronica are all worthy of continued use... cassie is ok, the rest I couldn't give a shit about... Jackie and Collector, imo, are the worst of the lot.
Kronica gets a lot of hate, but I honestly thought she was a well done and interesting antagonist.

For me, the only new characters introduced in the modern trilogy that I truly didn't care for and wouldn't mind never seeing again are:

• Corrupted Shinnok
  • Kollector
The rest I found excellent or of having excellent potential.

mattteo

Noob
It's too polite to call Cassie, Kung Jin and Geras good characters and say the only bad ones were Kronika and Jacqui.

There is literally no good kombat kid. Takeda is bareable.

Outworld characters have a certain appeal, but not all. Kotal, Ferra/Torr are great, even D'vorah. But not so much for Kollector and I'm not crazy about gunslinger.

Kronica gets a lot of hate, but I honestly thought she was a well done and interesting antagonist.

For me, the only new characters introduced in the modern trilogy that I truly didn't care for and wouldn't mind never seeing again are:

• Corrupted Shinnok
  • Kollector
The rest I found excellent or of having excellent potential.
What was she doing that was well done or interesting?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What was she doing that was well done or interesting?
eveything,.. she was the highlight of the entire story mode for me. The voice acting on next level god-like. She looked awesome. Stole every scene she was in, and time manipulation is a boss power and her stage where you go back and forth in time was so cool.

Anansi416

Tarkat Lead Cook
I don't know about you but I need Sonya, Johnny, Jax and Cassie in the base roster
You ate my friend MK1/MK2 lords and lady always deserve a clean and pristine roster slot. Cassie can sit with us too, she's delightful.