What's new

We Just Got First Official MK12 Teaser!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm guessing we're gonna get more info this month, but yeah seems like a timeline reset. Unsure if it's Liu or Shang's ending. Shang's would be way more interesting. Either way I don't care, I just want to see the game. :oops:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I don't know why this is bring considered a "teaser". It provides no information apart from EB saying "we are not quite done yet" which he says in just about every interview. Then there is an MK11 style graphic.

Who cares?
Yep, this !

NRS just doing the usual crap PR and holding up official and real info that matter ..... so, only caring when the real deal stuff come up , let's see when they stopping this childish play and really show something decent, as a MK12 logo, an official teaser, and the release date

Until there, nothing besides that matter indeed, lol ! :p

Because it's a teaser. Like it or not.
Yeah, a teaser of a teaser. Didn't this happen before with Kombat Pack 2 for Mortal Kombat 11?

Anyway, my speculation is we'll see a cinematic teaser trailer in a few weeks, and then the full teaser and maybe a gameplay reveal in a month-ish.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Because it's a teaser. Like it or not.
I am not trying to be obtuse, but I am wondering is why it is a teaser??? EB has said multiple times that the next game is in the works. This is known information.

If there was a new logo at the end... THAT would be a teaser.

This is just an interview which rehashed the same information, only with an MK11 graphic at the end - it was not even different stylisticly. It is not a teaser - it is stuff that is known.

Meanwhile, please don't be like MK11 - it was the worst game since MK vs DCU!

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
all the crypt hints
all the ppl together for a better MK
probably the most conspiracy theory game since Hong Kong 97 , OMG liu kang was born in Hong Kong , T-1000 was cast in a movie called hong kong 97 and then Brian THompson was shao kahn in 97 and it was GLORIOUS , cobra 1986 and nighstalker with their New WORLD !!! next Mk12 gonna be a NEW WORLD....OH NOOO Eddie (not Boon) Izzard GLORIOUS 97 talking about Noah , jesus and Troy....OMG Brad pitt TROY 2004 , MK deception 4 octouber release day 4 ........ and arnold fought Satan in 1999 before Y2K END OF TIMES !!!!!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
In terms of special forces characters, just have the Kombat Kids OR the legacy characters, we didn’t really need both in 11.

I personally wouldn’t mind it if the four new characters made it in over their parents, and have them step out of their shadow for a game, but I realize I’m probably in the minority on that

I personally wouldn’t mind it if the four new characters made it in over their parents, and have them step out of their shadow for a game, but I realize I’m probably in the minority on that
I wouldn't mind that either, and I'm confident that was the original plan, and they new characters weren't as well received as NetherRealm had hoped.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
In terms of special forces characters, just have the Kombat Kids OR the legacy characters, we didn’t really need both in 11.

I don't know about you but I need Sonya, Johnny, Jax and Cassie in the base roster

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think Cassie is ass. She feels like a waste of a space when you have both Johnny and Sonya. I think Takeda should be the only Kid who comes back tbh. I don't think Scorpion and Sub should be hardcore buddy buddy. MKX did it great with Scorpion forgiving Sub Zero, but MK11 took it too far with their Buddy Cop adventures. Then the animated movies damn near make them brothers lmao.

I think X did it perfectly with Takeda being Scorpion's one tie to humanity. Jacqui and Kung Jin both also have unique playstyles, but storywise they're nothing but fluff.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
IMO, Takeda, Dvorah, Kotal, Ferra/Tor and Kronica are all worthy of continued use... cassie is ok, the rest I couldn't give a shit about... Jackie and Collector, imo, are the worst of the lot.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Only new characters from X/11 that I liked are Kotal & Cassie. The rest can go and never come back as far as I'm concerned lmfao

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Kotal, D'Vorah, Cassie, and Takeda are some of the best things to happen to modern MK. Them having notably unique fighting styles, cool characterization, and (aside from Cassie) filling some interesting niches make them shoe-ins for inclusion to me. Cassie is a great take on a modern generation earthrealmer and makes herself just different enough from her parents to stand out (though she could use more work in this regard). D'Vorah is a god tier design that should be leaned on for all future monster characters: super stylized, gross, unique, and honestly scary. Kotal is easily one of the top 10 coolest characters in the entire MK canon and should be upgraded to OG auto-include status going forward. He has gravitas both in fights and in the story (or at least the MKX comic), embodies a lot of powers previously unseen in the roster, and competes with Jax in the grappler space in a series with VERY little grappler representation. Takeda was a perfect mix of prior generation and modern styling while creating a fully standalone character. He's also just cool as hell with his animations and attacks. Him not being in MK11 is a travesty, especially when forgetfully mediocre Kollector is here taking the "long range chain weapon" slot.

All that to say the newcomers are more hits than misses. Jacqui leaves an awful taste in everyone's mouth, but we've gotten some awesome new characters in the last two installments.

Also, if you dont like D'Vorah, you've got no taste. Thems the rules. :p