What's new

We have any good teachers here?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The only words that leave your mouth towards me while playing is "You cant do that" "So dumb" "Stop doing that" "When are you gna learn", Thanks for advice on helping me fix something you keep beating me for.

The best teacher i have had on MK is Ed because he has the patience to break stuff down.

Just stop talking.
I've been trying to teach you for months, but if you're gonna wake up iagb every time, FOR MONTHS, and get punished for it every time, FOR MONTHS, you're obviously unteachable.

Anyway, guess who taught Ed? Idiot.

Ed obviously hasnt taught you much because you still play like a retard, and you're still the most free player on my list. Which is strange considering the more he plays with me and Jay for example, the better he gets.

The people you play with get better when they play me, and worse with you..

Oh yeah, other than that, who helped PL after he got slapped by Jr, who helped innovate Cage, Sonya & Rain?
Who's teaching the UK scene Kenshi? GTFO

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I've been trying to teach you for months, but if you're gonna wake up iagb every time, FOR MONTHS, and get punished for it every time, FOR MONTHS, you're obviously unteachable.

Anyway, guess who taught Ed? Idiot.

Ed obviously hasnt taught you much because you still play like a retard, and you're still the most free player on my list. Which is strange considering the more he plays with me and Jay for example, the better he gets.

The people you play with get better when they play me, and worse with you..

Oh yeah, other than that, who helped PL after he got slapped by Jr, who helped innovate Cage, Sonya & Rain?
Who's teaching the UK scene Kenshi? GTFO
Because i just wake up with IAGB every time don't i yehhhh

You make out i am free but i babied you in front of everybody like 2 days ago so shut your shit.

If i was that bad i would not even come close to babying you ever, Foxy replies cos you keep doing dumb shit, Well your free to dumb shit GTFO :)

Someone needs to teach me to stop doing wake ups every. single. time.
if youre confident in youre footsies, you should just block their pressure, get up and play your main game again. I wakeup on instinct after I have seen some habits the opponent keeps repeating. waking up every time is putting yourself in a risky guessing situation when you dont have to. if youre the better player you should just block and get up and outplay them.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Because i just wake up with IAGB every time don't i yehhhh

You make out i am free but i babied you in front of everybody like 2 days ago so shut your shit.

If i was that bad i would not even come close to babying you ever, Foxy replies cos you keep doing dumb shit, Well your free to dumb shit GTFO :)
Well done, 1 baby in a thousand games against my 5th character, you're soooo good.
Soon as I pick any character I play in tournament against you, you're fucked.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think this is pretty close to the truth, i learned fundamentals and mk in general from jay and then went on to develop them on my own

a huge part of learning is losing when youre at a lower lvl because its pretty damn obvious why people beat you

e.g ffs so annoying all my atks keep whiffing because he walks back and hes punishing me

e.g how come every time i wakeup i end up losing hp

e.g why is it that everytime i come close to him and start pressure which is usually via poke i instantly lose it

i feel after a good understanding of fundamentals you can develop on your own even vs lower lvl opponents

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think this is pretty close to the truth, i learned fundamentals and mk in general from jay and then went on to develop them on my own

a huge part of learning is losing when youre at a lower lvl because its pretty damn obvious why people beat you

e.g ffs so annoying all my atks keep whiffing because he walks back and hes punishing me

e.g how come every time i wakeup i end up losing hp

e.g why is it that everytime i come close to him and start pressure which is usually via poke i instantly lose it

i feel after a good understanding of fundamentals you can develop on your own even vs lower lvl opponents
This.

All of this is what Swizzer doesnt do, instead his way of thinking is:

e.g ffs so annoying all my atks keep whiffing because he walks back and hes punishing me, better do Ex dash or iagb
e.g how come every time i wakeup i end up losing hp, better do Ex dash or iagb
e.g why is it that everytime i come close to him and start pressure which is usually via poke i instantly lose it, better do Ex dash or iagb

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This.

e.g ffs so annoying all my atks keep whiffing because he walks back and hes punishing me, better do Ex dash or iagb
e.g why is it that everytime i come close to him and start pressure which is usually via poke i instantly lose it, better do Ex dash or iagb
he should experiment with ex iagb, maybe thats the ticket

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nah, he'll never be good until he learns a character that actually requires fundamentals, he plays Scorpion, Noob & Kabal. Hardly a good selection for training with.
kabal unfortunately is execution>skill because you already need to worry about inputing the right shit

i learnt using subzero, the best characters to learn with are those who have good normals and tools in general, slowly learning how to use one tool after another helps

the way i learnt was one step at a time, first practice anti airs and not jumping, move on, spacing, move on, reading, move on, etc

scorpion requires good fundamentals and reading simply because you really cant afford to throw shit out for nothing but doesnt improve them because of no actualy useful footsie tools, hes a good character to develop risk/reward with

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
This.

Shit someone got the read on me, Looks like you will know what to do next time you get beat.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I find skype immensely useful for when you're playin the game and either learning or just want someone to talk to, it really improves the fun/experience/learning, at least for me and I believe the players I use skype with on a regular basis.

I've been using it to test tech, explain footsies, spacing, and just in general have fun while I play.

If you can talk to someone while you play, you snould set that up, I'm not on XBL, but I'm sure someone on XBL will be very keen on doing the same.