What's new

We have any good teachers here?

Impose

A Call For Blood
Because training mode is kind of meh, and I can only get so much practice from playing random people online who No after they lose once I can't really get much quality time to truly learn this game

So I was wondering if there were any serious players here that could possibly spend some time tomorrow going into detail with the games finer points?

I'm maining Scorpion so knowledge of him would be awesome.
I'm spending the better part of tomorrow (From like 12pm pacific time to like 12am pacific time) playing MK9 on xbox live trying to learn as much as I can.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Could you define "Finer points"? I'm sure someone could answer any questions you have.

I heard THTB was a god-awesome teacher.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Well. I shouldn't really say finer points.

I mean to say that theory and discussion only goes so far. I want to actually sit down, play, and instead of me trying to figure out my own mistakes and not being able to find them. Have someone far more experienced than me tell me what I'm doing wrong. I can't get any better if I don't lose to people better than me

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
That makes sense. I would love to help you, but I'm on PSN. I wouldn't be the best choice either, since I second-guess myself all the time.

I can tag a very good Scorpion player though, if that helps at all. Booty Slaya

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Good point there. Figuring out your own mistakes should be easy enough. Ask yourself why you lost a match. Was it jumping too much? Naked teleports? Spacing wasn't right? I mean there are a multitude of general questions you can ask for why you lose, but from there we can move on to specifics with your character. As far as teaching goes, thats tough. I mean online...I could tell you you need to AA better but its online and there are too many variables to consider. My best advice is to change your game plan up to where you are safe more often than not. (neutral block strings, less jumping unless its a read, block in anticipation of wakeups...etc.) I have nothing really after that.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Good point there. Figuring out your own mistakes should be easy enough. Ask yourself why you lost a match. Was it jumping too much? Naked teleports? Spacing wasn't right? I mean there are a multitude of general questions you can ask for why you lose, but from there we can move on to specifics with your character. As far as teaching goes, thats tough. I mean online...I could tell you you need to AA better but its online and there are too many variables to consider. My best advice is to change your game plan up to where you are safe more often than not. (neutral block strings, less jumping unless its a read, block in anticipation of wakeups...etc.) I have nothing really after that.
I try and find my mistakes. I rarely over teleport.

Sometimes the solution just seems to be "the other guy was simply better than me at everything in the game"

Given that I've been playing for just over a week that isn't that uncommon. I just don't know where to start at any given point.

If I perceive the reason I lost as "he is better than I am yet I can't figure out a glaring problem," I get a little lost. I cannot self teach very well with this style of game.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Hmm, maybe it's just experience then.

Do you only play Scorpion? Do you have any other dedicated mains?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I try and find my mistakes. I rarely over teleport.

Sometimes the solution just seems to be "the other guy was simply better than me at everything in the game"

Given that I've been playing for just over a week that isn't that uncommon. I just don't know where to start at any given point.

If I perceive the reason I lost as "he is better than I am yet I can't figure out a glaring problem," I get a little lost. I cannot self teach very well with this style of game.
Hmm...I take it you've already perused the Scorpion forums based on your avatar quote. Sounds like you still need to get used to what the whole cast is capable of. (something I haven't even done) Don't worry man, those of us who are no longer new were there too. None of us were gosu at a week into the game. In fact I was still deciding on a main. It would probably be in your best interest to dabble a little bit with each character in time. One of the best ways to learn how to fight against a character is to get good with them. Keep working at your main though, and that stuff will come a little bit down the road.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Hmm ( ;) )
Thanks both of you

I actually have swapped mains quite a few times. Started with Ermac, swapped to Kenshi, then to Jax. Now I'm on Scorp.

I've tried KL, Sub, Smoke, Kitana and a couple others. I just have the most absolute fun with Scorpion. I know he isn't a very high tier character so I have my work cut out for me but no game have I played did I ever choose the easy solution to winning.

Used the weak classes in wow, odd builds in Diablo 2, other similar things. I just cannot recall a time in my gaming where I've had as much fun as I do playing that yellow dressed demon.

As of right now. I main Scorpion. Jax and Ermac are generally my fallbacks.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I suggest picking up JC, he's helped me with a bunch with footsies, spacing, AAs (as far as online goes), etc.

Once you're confident in your fundamentals, and understand them, you should be alright.

Hope this helps.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I don't know about teaching, but I'll play ye. I live in Los Angeles, so we won't have an "arguing with a taser" like connection. What's your XBL name lad? Also, your best bet to level up in this game is to show up to some EGP offline casuals and tourneys. It's a whole different animal when you can actually play by the frame and not by the grace of the cable gods.

Impose

A Call For Blood
I don't know about teaching, but I'll play ye. I live in Los Angeles, so we won't have an "arguing with a taser" like connection. What's your XBL name lad? Also, your best bet to level up in this game is to show up to some EGP offline casuals and tourneys. It's a whole different animal when you can actually play by the frame and not by the grace of the cable gods.
hello my fellow dark souls player

my XBL is Stillnacht

i'll likely log on about 1pm maybe a bit earlier, depends on how my insomnia treats me.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
hello my fellow dark souls player

my XBL is Stillnacht

i'll likely log on about 1pm maybe a bit earlier, depends on how my insomnia treats me.
I WILL TECH THEE KIND SIR. XBL QUANDAGHOST. My only stipulations are

1.that you practice these things until you can do them consecutively 10 times without fail.
2. know that in order to tell you what your doing wrong I have to hit you. It's not that oh I wanna win it's that I believe once you realize how deadly that mistake is you will no longer do it.
3. This is nit combo training I will teach you 3 combos. Those three combos are are combos that I use pretty frequently, and find really helpful. I want you to get down the spacing and utility of your moves rather than know combos.

Don't just ask me either @K.O.E. will help, and ROEBOTRON Vagrant these guys will help you better round yourself and make you a better scorp.

Impose

A Call For Blood
I WILL TECH THEE KIND SIR. XBL QUANDAGHOST. My only stipulations are

1.that you practice these things until you can do them consecutively 10 times without fail.
2. know that in order to tell you what your doing wrong I have to hit you. It's not that oh I wanna win it's that I believe once you realize how deadly that mistake is you will no longer do it.
3. This is nit combo training I will teach you 3 combos. Those three combos are are combos that I use pretty frequently, and find really helpful. I want you to get down the spacing and utility of your moves rather than know combos.

Don't just ask me either @K.O.E. will help, and ROEBOTRON Vagrant these guys will help you better round yourself and make you a better scorp.
Thanks man. Ill shoot you a message as well as soon as I log on.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
CURBOLICOUS is a pretty good teacher in regards to MK9. Even know he's young, he's the only person in the MK9 community that took the time to help me out and explain things to me directly via over the mic on XBL.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
This is a good thread. I've been wondering if it's possible to get some good one on one training with the best online if possible. We could even Skype and just talk about the game and explain techs or just talk about tips for the basics of fundementals. One can only go so far by themselves, I've noticed all the top players have a group of guys that main characters that will better help with understanding MU's. if anyone is on psn or Skype lemme know please.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Impose or anybody else, I'm always willing to answer any questions, and I'm pretty sure that I can answer pretty much anything. My knowledge is really high, but my use of it is bad =[

my AIM name is Wh4t1t1s and my skype is Ninjacheese

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Whatever you do don't ask A F0xy Grampa to help you, He will just say stop doing stupid shit.

I don't know what you want to learn with scorpion, But i can try and help you seen as though i also main scorpion.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Whatever you do don't ask A F0xy Grampa to help you, He will just say stop doing stupid shit.

I don't know what you want to learn with scorpion, But i can try and help you seen as though i also main scorpion.
I think you'll find I'm a great teacher to everybody that has the capability to learn. Unfortunately, that category doesnt include you, the guy that will repeatedly be baited for the same thing over and over again (months on end), therefore 'stop doing stupid shit'.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I think you'll find I'm a great teacher to everybody that has the capability to learn. Unfortunately, that category doesnt include you, the guy that will repeatedly be baited for the same thing over and over again, therefore 'stop doing stupid shit'.
How would you know when you have never tried to teach me anything, You just think beating me over and over is teaching lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
How would you know when you have never tried to teach me anything, You just think beating me over and over is teaching lol
I tell you what this stupid shit is, but you never listen, thats why I've been beating you up for the same thing for months, and now it just pisses me off playing you cause you never learn.

Ed learns, Jay learns, the twins learn, fuck even 12 gauge learns. You dont, eat shit and die.

If you're on xbox the 3 people to talk to would be Curbolicous, Usedforglue or me. Since we all love to break the game down. Mr Swizzer doesnt even understand frame data, or that certain moves will lead to punishment, so dont bother asking him.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I tell you what this stupid shit is, but you never listen, thats why I've been beating you up for the same thing for months, and now it just pisses me off playing you cause you never learn.

Ed learns, Jay learns, the twins learn, fuck even 12 gauge learns. You don't, eat shit and die.
The only words that leave your mouth towards me while playing is "You cant do that" "So dumb" "Stop doing that" "When are you gna learn", Thanks for advice on helping me fix something you keep beating me for.

The best teacher i have had on MK is Ed because he has the patience to break stuff down.

Just stop talking.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
This is a good thread. I've been wondering if it's possible to get some good one on one training with the best online if possible. We could even Skype and just talk about the game and explain techs or just talk about tips for the basics of fundementals. One can only go so far by themselves, I've noticed all the top players have a group of guys that main characters that will better help with understanding MU's. if anyone is on psn or Skype lemme know please.
I'll pm you my Skype. Add ghostface777o0o or KILLA_xGHOST.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk