What's new

General/Other We are the Gods of War.

McNasty

Moist.
I had no interest in playing Ares, but Tom Brady said last night that if you are/were a Raiden main, then Ares would be for you. I guess I'll be playing him too.
I saw that, I wonder what it is about him that is raiden-esque. My first thought was slow normals or movement which sucks. Hopefully it will be his teleport and lame footsies style play.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Can I just mention something for those who havent seen his gameplay yet?
If this counts as a spoiler please remove it.

MOD EDIT: Spoilers and removed as you wished.

Marth

Hawkgirl Aficionado
MOD EDIT;NOPE
He has a Bison-like teleport as well correct? The combination of teleport + projectile cancels means I have to consider playing him. If his projectiles end up being good enough for him to zone efficiently, the cancels will only get better. I'm getting giddy.

Marth

Hawkgirl Aficionado
He has a ridiculous teleport and a VERY fast projectile similar to Freddy's claw
Wouldn't surprise me if his normals are a bit on the slow side then, just from a balancing standpoint.
MOD EDIT: Last bit removed because TMI spoilers.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Wouldn't surprise me if his normals are a bit on the slow side then, just from a balancing standpoint. .
I just hope its not dumb slow. He IS a God after all.... lol. I don't think zoning will be as strong just because of how many characters can move efficiently. I'll be using Ares as a zoning counter zoner because of his teleport.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I absolutely love the way Ares looks and plays in this game. He could quite possible end up being my main.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The world isn't ready for Juggs. I will help all of the TYM Ares mains, our army will be strong and loyal. We will defeat the pretenders and slaughter the challengers. There's nothing or no one that can stop us.

The world isn't ready for Juggs. I will help all of the TYM Ares mains, our army will be strong and loyal. We will defeat the pretenders and slaughter the challengers. There's nothing or no one that can stop us.
Oh, well fancy seeing you here.

I'd be glad to put you on list and accept you as our own, as long as you don't drop Ares if he happens to be a low tier.

Remain Mortal.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I will be writing a guide on Ares after the game comes out.

Yes, he is my main. Time to change my avatar. ;)

Reactions: RYX

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I AM WATCHING YOU ALL.
Dont talk about stuff that shouldn't be out yet due to leaks. I will delete it. No Linking is obvious but posting frame advantage, playstyle, mobility or any other stuff...yeah thats also gonna get removed.​
Ares is not officially revealed, and the game is not officially out yet. If NRS reveals stuff themselves then you may talk about what is in whatever footage they show. NOTHING. EXTRA.​
I just had to delete a ton of stuff between page 1 and here to clean up talk of stuff not officially revealed yet.​
Just have patience. We all want this character and to know more but there is a right way and a wrong way. Why kill your rep days before release by posting copyrighted information or footage? Worse yet why disrespect NRS that way after all the work they put into making this game happen? You want them to continue respecting our community and site enough to continue listening to our feedback then show them you are better than this and that you deserve it by not supporting leaks and by giving them attention by talking about them on boards which just sends people out to find these leakers infringing on their copyright.​
That is all. Sorry, but this is how it is. I just got back from a 4 day vacation and I've been working on deleting posts in here and the Killer Frost boards since I sat down.​

I AM WATCHING YOU ALL.
Dont talk about stuff that shouldn't be out yet due to leaks. I will delete it. No Linking is obvious but posting frame advantage, playstyle, mobility or any other stuff...yeah thats also gonna get removed.​
Ares is not officially revealed, and the game is not officially out yet. If NRS reveals stuff themselves then you may talk about what is in whatever footage they show. NOTHING. EXTRA.​
I just had to delete a ton of stuff between page 1 and here to clean up talk of stuff not officially revealed yet.​
Just have patience. We all want this character and to know more but there is a right way and a wrong way. Why kill your rep days before release by posting copyrighted information or footage? Worse yet why disrespect NRS that way after all the work they put into making this game happen? You want them to continue respecting our community and site enough to continue listening to our feedback then show them you are better than this and that you deserve it by not supporting leaks and by giving them attention by talking about them on boards which just sends people out to find these leakers infringing on their copyright.​
That is all. Sorry, but this is how it is. I just got back from a 4 day vacation and I've been working on deleting posts in here and the Killer Frost boards since I sat down.​
I understand. Will respect TYM's rules.

But I disagree about NRS. I think as fans, when we talk about anticipated characters and possible gamestyles of them it's not supporting leaking. I think they would be glad to see a community that is hyped for an unrevealed character. As long as no leaks are directly posted..