What's new

We all love to complain so lets have at it! Which character is THE WORST?

Just which character is the worst right now?

• Total voters

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
hell no

hell no
just implement better tournament variations that fully utilizes the character's potential. it would be impossible to regulate custom variations in tournaments. what's the point of competitive play if balance is thrown out the window? just play casual if that's the case
It would NOT be impossible to implement custom variations. NRS has proved time and time again that they're not good giving character variations so allowing us to have the freedom to do so made the game and the whole cast great.

If things the stay the way they are now, people will drop this game faster than MKX and nobody wants that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I played kotal too, i normally dont give up that easy on a character but i really cant, just gonna wait untill they give him better tools (choose ur own loadout/abilitie for example). Its a fucking joke anyway with those locked shitty tournament loadouts
Play geras, he's a mini kotal done right.

That aside, anyone who thinks Shao Kahn or Noob is bad is clueless beyond help.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Can you explain Raiden and Kotal. Out of the cast I feel Kotal has great Normals, but I admit if we are going by tournament variations he has to have kahn-cut but if it was custom I feel he is top tier when combined cut and totems. I feel his pokes, range, mix-up are good.
He might be better if he had both cut and totems at the same time. Pity the tournament/ranked variations don't have that so we have to judge the character by what he can actually do. A great way to buff him would be to just get rid of air cat and give him cut in his second variation.

Also, I know I harped on it earlier in the thread, but I think you are overstating the usefulness of his long range pokes. F4 and F3 are okay. Everything else is so horribly slow to not count.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
(You can vote for up to 3 people cause why not)

So yeah I know we all got some negative energy to let out so lets do it in this way to at least we can get some public perception of whose bad. Even though I am including them on the list its obvious were starting to get a feel for certain characters that are strong (as of the time of this writing, Geras, Sonya, Erron seem pretty good) but just who do you think is downright rotten right now?

Me I will say Kotal Kahn which sucks cause he was my main in MKX. His combo structure is impossibly basic,, if he wants any damage he always has to sideswitch in every combo, he's got no real mix to make up for it, and if you pick the variation without sun uppercut he very literally can't combo outside of jump into basic string. His only launcher is in the ascension variation.

So If ya don't agree with me, then whose worse than Kotal? Vote away!
Agree.
Kotal is a good character ......with the WORST numbers

SxS626

Noob
It would NOT be impossible to implement custom variations. NRS has proved time and time again that they're not good giving character variations so allowing us to have the freedom to do so made the game and the whole cast great.

If things the stay the way they are now, people will drop this game faster than MKX and nobody wants that.
games like ssb4 and SC all had custom loadouts in the game but none were allowed in tournament due to the time it would take to set up between rounds, the sheer lack of balance, and how impossible it is to prepare against every combination of moves in the game. the entire point of custom characters is to build the best possible character you can, and that directly contradicts the core foundation of competitive play completely. the studio already announced they're looking into implementing customs into competitive play but it's looking like they'll just end up adding more presets in the future and that's the only viable decision at this point

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I hope they add Custom variations and give characters more launchers. I don't care if they are unsafe or start high,mid,mid just something. These characters have serious lack of combo launchers and it's showing, obviously some have combos but most have short Braindead combos. And what about Breakaway, some characters keep opponent grounded unbreakable during combos and others only have air combos. This is unfair. Kollector is the best example.

Please NRS, give us back swaggy combos versatility. I feel like I've done everything I can with my characters in such a short time, there is far to many limitations on combos. They don't have to do more damage and can be scaled however you want just put longer combo in this beautiful game.
And while I'm at it give Sonya and Cassie better skins.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
games like ssb4 and SC all had custom loadouts in the game but none were allowed in tournament due to the time it would take to set up between rounds, the sheer lack of balance, and how impossible it is to prepare against every combination of moves in the game. the entire point of custom characters is to build the best possible character you can, and that directly contradicts the core foundation of competitive play completely. the studio already announced they're looking into implementing customs into competitive play but it's looking like they'll just end up adding more presets in the future and that's the only viable decision at this point
Honestly I think they could make players lock in before character select eliminating counter picking and long waits. They are only selecting 2-3 moves as long as they have to do so before character select and don't know opponents it shouldn't take long. I mean I know exactly what I would pick.

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Kotal is so broken that one of his specials can be punished with an uppercut ON HIT for MORE DAMAGE.

If his swordquake hits a cornered opponent, The opponent recovers from hitstun before the attack animation is done fast enough to uppercut you for free.. And the uppercut does more damage than the swordquake itself lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Ummm not sure wtf YOU are talking about, but what I do know is that there's always a solution. Its not hard to implement custom variations at tournaments. Just set a timer for people to set their variations for not 30-60 seconds TOPS. And everybody already know what moves they want anyways, so that be easy!

Then if they lose and want to change character/varations, they will have the same time limit. Simple solution.

SxS626

Noob
Ummm not sure wtf YOU are talking about, but what I do know is that there's always a solution. Its not hard to implement custom variations at tournaments. Just set a timer for people to set their variations for not 30-60 seconds TOPS. And everybody already know what moves they want anyways, so that be easy!

Then if they lose and want to change character/varations, they will have the same time limit. Simple solution.
not sure what part of what I said was confusing, but it's been tried, and it failed. customs aren't meant for competitive play, that's why you never see in tournaments. it's a pipe dream, and will never happen

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
not sure what part of what I said was confusing, but it's been tried, and it failed. customs aren't meant for competitive play, that's why you never see in tournaments. it's a pipe dream, and will never happen
SSb4 and SC. Not sure what that is

Its been tried? MK JUST CAME OUT! They haven't tried shit, sir. MK is a completely different game. This can work, and it will create longevity of this game. But hey, I see you wont see different and thats fine. We just will agree to disagree. Have a good one.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm glad to see I'm not the only that thinks Noob is not great. Once a pressure character gets in, and it's not that hard to get in against his "zoning", he gets absolutely mauled. I'm mostly referring to his tournament variations so I'm hoping they expand on those in the near future. I've already moved on to Sub Zero who is much better in my opinion. His F4 can be stupid good at times. I realize some top players think Noob's good like Pig and Honeybee. I highly doubt they will use him in tournament, but I'm open to being wrong.

SSb4 and SC. Not sure what that is

Its been tried? MK JUST CAME OUT! They haven't tried shit, sir. MK is a completely different game. This can work, and it will create longevity of this game. But hey, I see you wont see different and thats fine. We just will agree to disagree. Have a good one.
MK isn't the first fighter to do this, buddy. and just because you don't know soul calibur (and for some reason when brought up you don't bother to look it up, just say "i dont know what that is" so you can proceed with your ignorance to then instantly say "it hasnt been tried")

even though he already gave you games that have tried this formula several times, especially soul calibur. and not just soul calibur, but also sfxt with gem systems. and plenty of other fighters you haven't heard about because none of them using that formula has ever succeeded, but many have died.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Her b2 is on of the best normals in the game, great hit box and hit confirmable.
B343 is also hit confirmable, and b3434 is mid starting PLUS ON BLOCK.
B1 has decent range, and you can cancel into low projectile or finish the string B12 (popup) for a 50/50.
Her projectiles are not the best on paper, but you have the glow and automatically you are the only one that is throwing stuff against most of the roster.
And her unsafe stuff is completely relative, many of the moves have pushback so they are not actually unsafe, or at least not many characters can punish.

You don't play Jade, I do and I'm telling you, she is pretty good.
Again, b2 is has 28 frames of startup, and is full combo punishable on block since it doesn’t pushback. The b12 “50/50”? We thought of that when we were labbing too. You can fuzzyguard it. Meaning you stay crouching, and then stand when you see the overhead, her 50/50’s aren’t real, and the low projectile is also full combo punishable.

I don’t know where you’re seeing pushback, almost none of her moves do that.

Glow is good, I’ll give you that, but there are ranged moves that still hit her, and it isn’t enough when her own projectile is terrible. An opponent who wants to zone will simply block her slow shurikens and wait for glow to end.

B3434 is also solid, but it falls under what I call stubby ranged. The only time you’re landing that is after you’ve knocked them down on wakeup, or if you jump in to jail them- both very risky options. If one works, you do get a nice frame trap since they’re at the perfect distance for the 3 normals we talked about- b2, f2, b1. But again, not a tool you can use reliably.

I said I don’t play Jade because I wanted people to know this isn’t coming from a place of bias toward my main. You think that means I’ve missed tech she has- I haven’t. I get it, though. It’s cool you want to stay optimistic- we need people to do that and explore these characters- dig up new tech.But yall Jade mains deserve buffs, because at the highest levels, she just isn’t viable.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Everybody in this game sucks so much I can’t tell if anybody actually sucks. Perhaps my opinion will change but the hard steer toward neutral kinda took the fun and experimentation out. Everybody has only one or two ways to create damage so everyone will play the character the same way.
THIS. I’ve been saying this to friends. It’s STRANGE how purposeful they were in preventing mixups. So now you’re primary avenue for damage is safe strings, of which there are very few. So you’re left throwing out the same move and waiting for a confirm. I’m trying to give it a chance though. Definitely has an odd feel to it.

And the top tiers? They’re the ones with mixups anyway- Erron, Scorpion, Jax. So what was the point?

SxS626

Noob
MK isn't the first fighter to do this, buddy. and just because you don't know soul calibur (and for some reason when brought up you don't bother to look it up, just say "i dont know what that is" so you can proceed with your ignorance to then instantly say "it hasnt been tried")

even though he already gave you games that have tried this formula several times, especially soul calibur. and not just soul calibur, but also sfxt with gem systems. and plenty of other fighters you haven't heard about because none of them using that formula has ever succeeded, but many have died.
i keep forgetting MK is just living room casuals that are completely cut off from the FGC. thank you for helping clear that up because i'm over trying to explain the basic foundation of fighting games for a community still screaming for combos or implementing casual elements into competitive scenes

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i keep forgetting MK is just living room casuals that are completely cut off from the FGC. thank you for helping clear that up because i'm over trying to explain the basic foundation of fighting games for a community still screaming for combos or implementing casual elements into competitive scenes
In the same thread you have people crying about Noob and Shao kahn. What do you expect? People are actually complaining about high damage chars with great footsies just because they can't mindlessly throw things without hit confirming or spacing.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

First of all, I know do know Soul Calibur and Im playing it now. I got confused because SC does not have custom variations whatsoever. So your example did not make sense.

And don't do that. We're not do that disrespect today on this Friday @SxS626 Thanks

SxS626

Noob
First of all, I know do know Soul Calibur and Im playing it now. I got confused because SC does not have custom variations whatsoever. So your example did not make sense.

And don't do that. We're not do that disrespect today on this Friday @SxS626 Thanks
lol right my example didn't make sense because you assumed the only SC to mention is the newest one. because you failed to realize that there were 5 other SC games prior to this one
yea aight