What's new

We all love to complain so lets have at it! Which character is THE WORST?

Just which character is the worst right now?

• Total voters

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
(You can vote for up to 3 people cause why not)

So yeah I know we all got some negative energy to let out so lets do it in this way to at least we can get some public perception of whose bad. Even though I am including them on the list its obvious were starting to get a feel for certain characters that are strong (as of the time of this writing, Geras, Sonya, Erron seem pretty good) but just who do you think is downright rotten right now?

Me I will say Kotal Kahn which sucks cause he was my main in MKX. His combo structure is impossibly basic,, if he wants any damage he always has to sideswitch in every combo, he's got no real mix to make up for it, and if you pick the variation without sun uppercut he very literally can't combo outside of jump into basic string. His only launcher is in the ascension variation.

So If ya don't agree with me, then whose worse than Kotal? Vote away!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cetrion. Cetrion is the answer.

You try utilizing that "premier zoning character" with specials that start up at 46 frames, your best string being unsafe and full combo punishable, your best special being full combo punishable, laughable frames on normals/strings on block, slow, getting out ranged and out-prioritized by a majority of the cast.

Try it for a bit and get back to me. Top players jumped off the boat faster than the Titanic. Been playing Sonya/Cassie and the difference is gigantic, monumental, colossal. Cetrion.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Kotal is the worst. Slow awkward strings that lead to zero damage, no mix, a jump like he was under water. His totem is legitimately powerful, but to use it you have to give up any potential for a combo. Everything is a high like he was swatting at flies only he can see.

I’ve been working on him since release and just having the toughest time, so I took a little break last night to play with Scorpion (another character I’m sure will pop up in this thread). In just a handful of matches I felt more comfortable and in control of a match the supposedly weak Scorp than hours of play with Kotal. Make of that what you may.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Kotal is the worst. Slow awkward strings that lead to zero damage, no mix, a jump like he was under water. His totem is legitimately powerful, but to use it you have to give up any potential for a combo. Everything is a high like he was swatting at flies only he can see.

I’ve been working on him since release and just having the toughest time, so I took a little break last night to play with Scorpion (another character I’m sure will pop up in this thread). In just a handful of matches I felt more comfortable and in control of a match the supposedly weak Scorp than hours of play with Kotal. Make of that what you may.
I have a feeling Shao Kahn is the same way. I have been playing him since launch almost exclusively if given the choice. Even when I land something pretty good I look at the damage and it’s like nothing. It’s weird but I still like him. Same thing with mostly high attacks and slow start ups. I wouldn’t mind that if he had more damage.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Cetrion. Cetrion is the answer.

You try utilizing that "premier zoning character" with specials that start up at 46 frames, your best string being unsafe and full combo punishable, your best special being full combo punishable, laughable frames on normals/strings on block, slow, getting out ranged and out-prioritized by a majority of the cast.

Try it for a bit and get back to me. Top players jumped off the boat faster than the Titanic. Been playing Sonya/Cassie and the difference is gigantic, monumental, colossal. Cetrion.
Cetrion and frost are quite underwhelming at the moment.

Probably D'Vorah. She's killed too many iconic characters. Plus, she's just boring. Just about the only thing I like about her is the blue blood.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Cetrion. I fought 100 fights with her, and won more than lost but my god what a chore. She's supposed to be this amazing zone character but I won more going in with strings.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
even though one of my votes on cetrion

I straight up think shao is the worst character in the game rn

He really feels bare bones, and super easy to punish

Kotal can't jump over a projectile and Cetrion is a zoner that doesn't have good zoning tools. Yes, these have been my two main characters since day 1. No, I don't know why I hate fun

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Everyone does 30-50% damage on a single hit.
Jade does 5-15% on a single hit.
Her only move that leads to any damage is her launcher f2 which is the least viable move in the game at i28, perfectly reactable and doesn't punish squat.
Her best punish is 212 which is a whoppin' 10% damage.
Her second best is 124 and her third best is d2, all of which are highs and lead to nothing.

Jade is hella negative on everything and has no safe cancels, one of her variations (the pole one) has two useless slots (cancels are punishable so useless, mb shadow kick is worthless) and her zoning variation gets blown the fuck up by half the cast either because they have better counterzoning or better zoning, or in Skarlet's and Sonya's case, zoning tools that even ignore her signature zoning immunity.
Also her FB Launcher doesn't reach moves that have pushback unlike 90% of the cast.
I'm not sure if she's the worst but she's definitely not the best right now.

Funny thing is I still like her, sort of.
I just wish it didn't feel like I'm a baby seal fighting a Navy SEAL whenever I go up against Scorpion, Sonya, Cassie, Raiden, Johnny.. eh not going to spell out the roster lol

How exactly is kotal the worst? He has the longest range normals which are also safe, a tick throw off pokes. He doesnt "have" to switch corner position with his combos since you can end with cat charge instead of command grab.

My vote went to cetrion and shao kahn just from my limited lab experience, not to be taken seriously

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
How exactly is kotal the worst? He has the longest range normals which are also safe, a tick throw off pokes. He doesnt "have" to switch corner position with his combos since you can end with cat charge instead of command grab.
If you have the cat that means you basically didn't do a combo. You did like back 22 cat, that was the whole combo, done.

• Has a massive hurtbox and struggles jumping over basic stuff
  • ascension is the only realistic variation to pick, thus you always sideswitch if you want any kind of damage in combos, other characters can get more off basic bnbs, without any kind of caveat like this.
  • He admittedly has big normals which is by far his greatest strength but its all kinda to what end really. Big normals and nothing else just isn't enough in this game, which is part of the reason why Shao kahn also suffers(although he's still better off than Kotal).
If you could even just simply choose what side to dump the person on with the command grab it would make a wild difference because at least you can maintain some sort of pressure after a combo and work to the corner.

Also Sun Uppercut/Kahn-Cut should absolutely just be a base move for his moveset. Give it a different motion or something but without Kahn-cut you just can't even combo which is ridiculous.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't think he's bad enough to be the WORST, but I feel like Noob Saibot is in the exact same boat he was in in MK9: he was built to be a zoner, but he rreeaallllyy doesn't seem that soundly designed for the job. On top of his almost useless unblockable Ghost Ball invalidating the variation that comes with his damn Shadow Slide, another thing that really screws him over is having no amplified Up Kick. That used to be GUARANTEED decent damage, and a big part of why you did NOT want to have to try and get in on him. He had a hard enough time then, but now he's got no Portals, his meta has been split into two completely different sides of a coin, NONE of his normals are good enough to compensate for it except his B2, and I can't think of anything he's gained from the new meta or his new build(s) that compensate for his seemingly disjointed design.

Am I wrong? I need to lab more, but I also really feel like we've been here before.

If you have the cat that means you basically didn't do a combo. You did like back 22 cat, that was the whole combo, done.

• Has a massive hurtbox and struggles jumping over basic stuff
  • ascension is the only realistic variation to pick, thus you always sideswitch if you want any kind of damage in combos, other characters can get more off basic bnbs, without any kind of caveat like this.
  • He admittedly has big normals which is by far his greatest strength but its all kinda to what end really. Big normals and nothing else just isn't enough in this game, which is part of the reason why Shao kahn also suffers(although he's still better off than Kotal).
If you could even just simply choose what side to dump the person on with the command grab it would make a wild difference because at least you can maintain some sort of pressure after a combo and work to the corner.

Also Sun Uppercut/Kahn-Cut should absolutely just be a base move for his moveset. Give it a different motion or something but without Kahn-cut you just can't even combo which is ridiculous.
Why would you do b22cat? Do b22 df2 cut f12 cat and keep them cornered instead of ending with f12 command grab or is it b12 instead of f12.... i forget