What's new

WB using MK as a marketing platform taking out iconic chars and giving us BS because they need money

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I understand why guest characters are brought in but I also sympathize with people who feel some type of way when their favorite MK characters are snubbed for characters very few people asked for.As for the argument about having any guest character over any 3d era MK character is kinda weak.I havent seen not one person request Hsu Hao lol.Besides most people want the ninjas and the cyborgs back.
That's incorrect. I request Hsu Hao, and also Sareena, Reiko, Fujin, Drahmin, Mavado, Moloch, Nitara, Ashrah, Dairou, Kira, Kobra, Havik, Hotaru, and Shujinko. All good MK characters.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
That's incorrect. I request Hsu Hao, and also Sareena, Reiko, Fujin, Drahmin, Mavado, Moloch, Nitara, Ashrah, Dairou, Kira, Kobra, Havik, Hotaru, and Shujinko. All good MK characters.
Ok so I used a bit of hyperbole.Ofc there were a few that requested those characters but they werent near as much as the most notable ones such as Rain,Mileena, Reptile and Ermac.

I'm not exactly crying over The Joker and Auhnold being in MK11 when NRS gets to pick from hundreds of DC superheroes for the Injustice series because of their relationship with Warner Bros.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Ok so I used a bit of hyperbole.Ofc there were a few that requested those characters but they werent near as much as the most notable ones such as Rain,Mileena, Reptile and Ermac.
Right, but the above four been in more game than the ones I requested. I think the latter group has earned their right to make a second (or third, since everyone was in Armageddon) appearance in an MK game.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Blah blah blah... I paid a $100 so you DAMN RIGHT I got a right in the production of this game and what I want or DON'T want in it and if I don't want Joker's dumbass in the game, I will rescind my game and have my money back or the very least, I'm going to complain about it and critique it heavily until someone pays attention to it.
Blah blah blah... You will always pay money on a game not knowing every little content that will be available when it launches but hey you still paid for it.
No one told you to pay for the "DLC" kombat pass that early.
Guess what now you have to accept every character in that pack knowing you could've waited until a trailer showcasing every character or wait until each character drop solely to make your decision.
Complain all you want its only going to get you so far.
I don't see you making the product only buying it then complaining because it doesn't meet your expectations and still "NO ONE FORCED YOU TO BUY THE PRODUCT".
Go trade in MKXI. NRS has your money already its not hurting them.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I like Havik, but if I had to choose between him and The Joker? Then it would be The Joker. He's an icon of American pop culture, immediately recognisable to everyone. This feels right to me. He fits Mortal Kombat perfectly, if only because he's a mass murdering spree killer. Not only has he killed more people than most of the Kombatants combined, but he can take Batman in combat (his first appearance showed that) and won. Really, this crossover gives NRS a chance to finally get him right. Frankly I'm more excited to see him than Sindel and Nightwolf. Story wise, I want to know why Kronika pulled him out of his universe.

Last edited:

Lord Snotty

Batman is a white rich kid that runs around at night beating up all the working class people that might threaten the wealth he has stolen from them.
The Joker is a comrade.
A rich white kid dressed as a bat. Basically he's as nutty as the dandy freaks he beats up.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I like Havik, but if I had to choose between him and The Joker? Then it would be The Joker. He's an icon of American pop culture, immediately recognisable to everyone. This feels right to me. He fits Mortal Kombat perfectly, if only because he's a mass murdering spree killer. Not only has he killed more people than most of the Kkmbatants combined, but he can take Batman in combat (his first appearance showed that) and won. Really, this crossover gives NRS a chance to finally get him right. Frankly I'm more excited to see him than Sindel and Nightwolf. Story wise, I want to know why Kronika pulled him out of his universe.
are you senile

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
My problem with the Joker is that - BECAUSE this is MK - Joker will feel like an insect among Gods. I hear many people on Twitter going on and on about how amazing his fatalities are going to be and such stuff.

And I'm like … "Really?"

I mean, Baraka tears off a guy's face, rips off half of his skull, plucks out his brain and takes a healthy bite out of it. This immediately is ten times more gory than anything the Joker has done in DC comics. Kabal runs so fast that he causes his opponent's face to be trimmed like warm butter and them slices them in half. D'Vorah turns her opponent into spider-food and has a creature burst out of the opponent's body like a spider.

Like … what the fuck can the Joker do (or what has he done in the comics) to keep up with that? I love the guy, but what he has done in the comics is child's play compared to stuff like that. He stabs? Wow. He shoots point blank in the head? WOW. He picks a chainsaw and cuts off a guy's belly? OMG. Amazing.

Slow. Fucking. Clap.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure that NRS can make him fun to play and give him a solid moveset. I'm just baffled at the people who honestly expect the Joker to do cooler shit than the MK cast, or who even expect the Joker to be on the same level with that. Not to mention that the imagination of the devs where fatalities are concerned is already beginning to feel lacking (the responses to Nightwolf's 'bear' fatality were meh at best), and I'm really interested to see how the Joker will keep up.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I like Havik, but if I had to choose between him and The Joker? Then it would be The Joker. He's an icon of American pop culture, immediately recognisable to everyone. This feels right to me. He fits Mortal Kombat perfectly, if only because he's a mass murdering spree killer. Not only has he killed more people than most of the Kombatants combined, but he can take Batman in combat (his first appearance showed that) and won. Really, this crossover gives NRS a chance to finally get him right. Frankly I'm more excited to see him than Sindel and Nightwolf. Story wise, I want to know why Kronika pulled him out of his universe.
Boooo

I mean, that's like, your opinion man, but … boo.

You got Joker in like, 3 NRS games already for the past 12 years. I haven't seen my guy even once all this time.

Lord Snotty

Boooo

I mean, that's like, your opinion man, but … boo.

You got Joker in like, 3 NRS games already for the past 12 years. I haven't seen my guy even once all this time.
But you've got Cetrion? Is she not enough?

I'm only after a violent bloody butcher version of The Joker thst Injustice can't provide. Hence my excitement.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
everyone shitting on havik can fuck off. 3d mk gameplay was awfull but haviks design is top tier. he just fits mk perfectly, unlike some weird clown.
I happen to really enjoy the gameplay in MK Deadly Alliance and MK: Deception. Sure, it wasn't balanced enough for competitive play, but it was tons of fun. In fact, the above two games are my 3rd and 4th favorite MK games of all time, after MK1 and MKII.

In MKDA i enjoyed the three styles per character concept and i loved the fact all styles were based on real life martial arts. Plus i liked the Konquest mode a lot, it's still my favorite training mode of any MK game. And MKD was tons of fun online. It had the that fast paced quality that made MKX so enjoyable as well. Plus i loved Chess Kombat in MKD.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
No, you fool. You must pay your money up front, right now, before seeing the product. Then we'll tell you what you bought four months later. And if you're lucky, you can use said product within 6 months to a year of purchasing it. And if the product isn't to your liking, don't you dare complain! I mean, that's just acting entitled and spoiled. Just consume, and don't ask any questions.
I Bet youre mom and Daddy pay all your Bills lol ONLY spoil brats talk like Thát .

Lord Snotty

My problem with the Joker is that - BECAUSE this is MK - Joker will feel like an insect among Gods. I hear many people on Twitter going on and on about how amazing his fatalities are going to be and such stuff.
The Joker has gone toe to toe against The Justice League. He's probably the most dangerous and resourceful killer on the roster. If Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman can't fully defeat him, I think he's fine with the MK Universe. I think we'll see Havik at some point though. Maybe sooner than you realise. Kombat Pack 3, with luck?

Last edited: