What's new

WB using MK as a marketing platform taking out iconic chars and giving us BS because they need money

I respect you guys opinions, specially the different ones. But lets try to clarify the bullshit that is going on with this KP and you guys,(like it is with EA and others "lovely" companies) seem to be prone to swallow whatever BS these guys toss at you.

* The product (KP) was ready for buying even before MK11 launch, and the reveal is coming out now, 4 months later. So, people can say "buying is up to you any way", but selling air for 4 months is not an ethical move.

* They romoved iconic characters from mk to give place to another bunch of attempts. The cost of it is Cetrion, Geras and Kollector, which some of you like ( I like kollector for ex), but the cost was to high.
So....the chance of us getting the classic ones is through dlc right? Ok....

* You have to buy KP. It is not for free. And 50% of the product is WBs marketing. Did you stop to think about that? You are buying MBs marketing for the next movies and the cost of it is your money and mk chars that belong to the universe.
I'm not even complaining about guests, because I liked it in mk9, and you know why? The roster back then was complete and all the guests were plus. Nowadays you pay for a game that is missing people and the dlc is marketing, and you guys are receiving with with that smile in your faces.
My problem is not with the guests, is with the lack of mk chars at the cost of WBs interests. All these guests are not even peoples choices: All of them are scheduled baaed on WBs movies and products....and that is ok for you? Really? Wow...

* As a consumer I can say what I think. I bought it, I have my opinion and I will say it. "This shit has to stop" argument is not gonna work.

* People giving leeway to it like "yeah business is made for money...", dude, business was supposed to serve people and then the money comes. This is a classic example of capitalism working for people who make the product and not the opposite, and this is a problem.

* I liked Spawn and terminator, but as a plus. Regarding joker, he fits well in dc super hero vilain realm, but in mk...this guy is not a fighter. He can't fight. He is a criminal and his weapon is his intelligence only, and it is for me astonishingly stupid to see a char like that in mk. BUT, it is my opinion and I understand that people like it.
What I don't understand is guests at the cost of Mileena and ermac...I mean....wtf.
Here is a test to see if a guest fits: Imagine this guy fighting with scorpion. Does that look awesome or ridiculous? I can see that with Spawn and terminator, but Joker would fight only at distance planning to kick scorpions ass with intelligence, not his hands. A clown trying to beat scorpions is hilarious.

Last edited:

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
This thread proves that many consumers believe they have the right to dictate what they get in video games and there dlc lmao.
I remember back in the day where you had to accept what you get and that's it. The video game update feature really spoiled peoples mindsets.
The dlc selection for this game has been fine if you don't like the selection don't buy it. It's really quite that simple.
NRS adding dc characters into mk and mk characters added into injustice started since the first injustice game. They have the licenses to do whatever they want with those characters. Only they know but they could be setting up for another mk vs dc game.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
So people really prefer Joker over Mileena? Or over Havik and Reiko? I do hope we get at least Reptile back
overall? i am pretty sure there are more people out there who know joker but have no clue about who mileena is and with that prefer him.
i think you guys dont understand the point of these prominent guest chars. its not for you guys who bought mk to watch the new terminator movie. its for the people who watched the terminator movie to give them a reason to buy and try out mortal kombat 11.

guest chars lead to people who never played the game to get interested into it which leads to more money for the mk11 team and a potential bigger playerbase for us all.

overall? i am pretty sure there are more people out there who know joker but have no clue about who mileena is and with that prefer him.
i think you guys dont understand the point of these prominent guest chars. its not for you guys who bought mk to watch the new terminator movie. its for the people who watched the terminator movie to give them a reason to buy and try out mortal kombat 11.

guest chars lead to people who never played the game to get interested into it which leads to more money for the mk11 team and a potential bigger playerbase for us all.
Is this your interest or WBs? You sound like you have stocks there.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Yes read it again. You sound like the marketing guy from WB.
which part? the, it gets us a potential bigger playerbase?
mkx sold something around 10m copys...when you really believe wb needs mk11 to promote a movie instead to wb uses the movie char inclusion to promote mk11, you are delusional.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm so glad WB has such a grip over NRS that they basically just use them to advertise their products at us.

I'm not watching your shit movies and I feel stupid for buying into the kombat pack when im not playing your shitty adverts either.

Imagine paying upfront for content only to not see it for nearly a whole year. Longer support my ass. Crunch is fucking stupid, I get it. But maybe next time you take your time on release so you dont have a PR shitshow and have to backpedal as hard.

Can NRS exist without WB's cash? I cant help but feel that they'd be creatively better off without them.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
@BRAZILIAN SHEEP Well if you consider me pointing out what i've observed over the years as having a sheep mindset then believe what you want.
Edit: I seen the post before it was removed by the way.

Last edited:

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Okay, after some thought, I think this is the weakest DLC offering in NRS history.

Nightwolf or Kenshi? I pick Kenshi.
Shang or Triborg? I’d take the robot.
Joker or Kratos? Kratos easy.
Terminator or Predator? Easy Pred.
Spawn is good. Sindel is good. Skarlet Tremor Bo and Rain were better.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I love guest characters. Jason Voorhees was the coolest, hypest character for me when he came out. I'm stoked for The Terminator, Spawn, and Ash. But The Joker is a lame-ass, overdone character. Even comic book fans are sick of him. There's nothing new to do with him, he just retreads the same bullshit every time he appears. "I'm crazy and chaos is fun hahaha watch me drive this toy train into a hospital because we're not so different you and I".

The only people who still like The Joker are weird losers from small towns who buy all their clothes from Off the Wall and think they somehow relate to him because they're totally funny assholes and rise up against the system by working at Casey's, collecting knives, and smoking weed all day.

I love guest characters. Jason Voorhees was the coolest, hypest character for me when he came out. I'm stoked for The Terminator, Spawn, and Ash. But The Joker is a lame-ass, overdone character. Even comic book fans are sick of him. There's nothing new to do with him, he just retreads the same bullshit every time he appears. "I'm crazy and chaos is fun hahaha watch me drive this toy train into a hospital because we're not so different you and I".

The only people who still like The Joker are weird losers from small towns who buy all their clothes from Off the Wall and think they somehow relate to him because they're totally funny assholes and rise up against the system by working at Casey's, collecting knives, and smoking weed all day.
lol

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I respect you guys opinions, specially the different ones. But lets try to clarify the bullshit that is going on with this KP and you guys,(like it is with EA and others "lovely" companies) seem to be prone to swallow whatever BS these guys toss at you.

* The product (KP) was ready for buying even before MK11 launch, and the reveal is coming out now, 4 months later. So, people can say "buying is up to you any way", but selling air for 4 months is not an ethical move.
It wasn't selling "air" 4 months out. They explicitly stated what would be contained in the Kombat Pack prior to it being available for purchase. I do agree that this reveal is VERY late, but don't misconstrue the situation by playing up the negativity of it. Those of us who bought it went in knowing what we'd get (though admittedly not who which is an issue).

* They romoved iconic characters from mk to give place to another bunch of attempts. The cost of it is Cetrion, Geras and Kollector, which some of you like ( I like kollector for ex), but the cost was to high.
So....the chance of us getting the classic ones is through dlc right? Ok....
This is complete conjecture and subjective bias on your part. I LIKE all 3 of the new characters, am a massive fan of D'Vorah, and think most of the series veterans have all long since worn out their welcome (especially since most of them got a second generation that was specifically designed to replace them but that didn't happen). However, my opinion / character taste is also conjecture and subjective bias. There's no one of us who can decide if the "cost was too high."

* You have to buy KP. It is not for free. And 50% of the product is WBs marketing. Did you stop to think about that? You are buying MBs marketing for the next movies and the cost of it is your money and mk chars that belong to the universe.
I'm not even complaining about guests, because I liked it in mk9, and you know why? The roster back then was complete and all the guests were plus. Nowadays you pay for a game that is missing people and the dlc is marketing, and you guys are receiving with with that smile in your faces.
My problem is not with the guests, is with the lack of mk chars at the cost of WBs interests. All these guests are not even peoples choices: All of them are scheduled baaed on WBs movies and products....and that is ok for you? Really? Wow...
You don't have to buy the KP. Each character is sold individually as are the costume packs. Also, it's all but assumed by this point that guest characters a given for DLC. We've had Freddy (MK9), Scorpion (IJGAU), Jason (MKX), Predator (MKX), Alien (MKX), Leatherface (MKX), Sub-Zero (IJ2), Raiden (IJ2), and TMNT (IJ2). Anyone going into buying the Kombat Pack is willfully ignorant if they don't think they'll be purchasing guests. It's on one's own judgment to put in the due diligence to know what you're purchasing.

Also, the game isn't "missing people" in the way that you're implying. If you want to apply that thought process, then literally EVERY MK game in the new trilogy is "missing people" because they don't have Armageddon's roster (+ any new characters). This thought process means literally nothing.

As for the bolded + underlined items, you are once again throwing out your own issues then preemptively disregarding any dissenting opinions as if they're illogical. That's some hardcore logical fallacying.

* As a consumer I can say what I think. I bought it, I have my opinion and I will say it. "This shit has to stop" argument is not gonna work.
And you're more than welcome to have your opinion, but you also put yourself in front of the firing squad posting it. Many others don't share your opinion. Moving forward, it'd be better not to act like the sky is falling when most of what you're saying is subjective opinion. Argue your points, don't yell them like a doomsday preacher while simultaneously disregarding everyone else's. You'll gain more traction that way and more likely call forward a discussion.

* People giving leeway to it like "yeah business is made for money...", dude, business was supposed to serve people and then the money comes. This is a classic example of capitalism working for people who make the product and not the opposite, and this is a problem.
That's your opinion. I'm excited for literally every single character coming out for DLC, think MK11 has the single best base roster of every one of the new trilogy games (including MK9), and look forward to every piece of content NRS adds to this game. This is my opinion and I see 0 issue with what NRS is doing.

* I liked Spawn and terminator, but as a plus. Regarding joker, he fits well in dc super hero vilain realm, but in mk...this guy is not a fighter. He can't fight. He is a criminal and his weapon is his intelligence only, and it is for me astonishingly stupid to see a char like that in mk. BUT, it is my opinion and I understand that people like it.
So Joker having already been established in two fighting games so far isn't good enough to make him a "fighter"? I'm unsure what you're getting at here when Joker has been shown in his own source materials to be MORE than willing to use physical means to get what he wants, not just his schemes.

What I don't understand is guests at the cost of Mileena and ermac...I mean....wtf.
Here is a test to see if a guest fits: Imagine this guy fighting with scorpion. Does that look awesome or ridiculous? I can see that with Spawn and terminator, but Joker would fight only at distance planning to kick scorpions ass with intelligence, not his hands. A clown trying to beat scorpions is hilarious.
Again, your own subjective bias in character likes. I think it was about time the likes of Mileena, Reptile, and Ermac took a break (though I also think the same of Jax, Sonya, and Johnny since they have their kids to take over).

Your example thought exercise of someone fighting Scorpion has literally already happened in IJ1 since Scorpion was a guest over there. I don't have to imagine Joker fighting Scorpion. I can literally YouTube it. That can't be said of Spawn or Terminator.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
The reason they have guest characters is cos they sell the most. You're clearly in the minority otherwise they would sell the worst.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The Joker is a lame-ass, overdone character. Even comic book fans are sick of him. There's nothing new to do with him, he just retreads the same bullshit every time he appears. "I'm crazy and chaos is fun hahaha watch me drive this toy train into a hospital because we're not so different you and I".

Reason this is exciting is because we finally get to see what Joker is capable of. For decades we've mostly only seen the aftermath of Joker's killings. This is the first time we're actually going to see what Joker does when he's completely unrestrained and uncensored.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Reason this is exciting is because we finally get to see what Joker is capable of. For decades we've mostly only seen the aftermath of Joker's killings. This is the first time we're actually going to see what Joker does when he's completely unrestrained and uncensored.
yeah, no more off-screen fatalities and toned down violence for Joker ! now, NRS can explore full potential his psycho side, and so, I think people will love him ! MK11 is perfect for Joker !

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

@BRAZILIAN SHEEP Well if you consider me pointing out what i've observed over the years as having a sheep mindset then believe what you want.
Edit: I seen the post before it was removed by the way.
Well, I removed because I did a joke there and....I find it funny but...who knows people right? So I deleted.
I did not delete thinking about you....and good that you saw it. I really think that is a little bit of "obey your master" mentality right there. But peace bro....that was not personal.

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Its 2019, why are we still having this discussion.
We got Noob, Kabal, Jade, Sindel, Skarlet, all characters people were demanding for MKX. We even got movie Shang. But three characters in the DLC pack that literally everybody knew was coming is such an issue. Lets face it, this is the least popular NRS game in quite a while (in terms of an active playerbase), throwing in huge pop culture icons like The Joker and The Terminator (played by fucking Arnold) can only get more hype going and get people interested in the game again. NRS will never do a game without guests again. Can we please just accept this?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
IGN posted a poll asking of the 4 characters who are they most excited for. Sindel came last. After the 3 guest characters.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Hi guys.

What I only have to say is, where the fuck is: Reptile smoke ermac millena khameleon havik rain sareena kenshi sektor cyrax....

Who the fuck asked for: Joker

Thanks

(Am I the only person on earth that find this absurd? Please tell me)
No, you are not. I would also add Reiko, Fujin, Hsu Hao, Hotaru, and Shujinko to that list.