What's new

WB using MK as a marketing platform taking out iconic chars and giving us BS because they need money

S+ Main

Noob
As a millennial I would like to say that we are not the reason for all these unfavourable guest characters as we didn't grow up with these movies/shows. For example

Terminator is old as hell, never heard of Spawn or anyone who knows him and "Joker DC, Marvel better". so maybe you should be looking backwards instead of forwards

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
The tile of the thread is exactly how I thought the thread would turn out to be.

Sigh time to sign off.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
I can only speak for myself, but I'd prefer a low budget game created by a passionate and caring team working in a positive/healthy environment instead of a high quality AAA game that exists for the sole purpose of maximizing a publisher's profits. You can definitely tell the difference between a labor of love, and a product.
Exactly. Look no further than mk9 and all the modes and effort that was put into it. And mk11, where there is literally only towers and online as extra modes. With tons of FOMO 'insentive' and repetitive boring re-skinned costumes and cosmetics that barely fit the character.
It became clear when they started putting people who cant act in the game, made the krypt a rng shrine grind (even after the patch), and bent the knee to PC culture by changing johnnys circle game pose due to twitter bullshit, that this franchise has long since lost any passionate developers with a voice in how the game is made. It now only exists to give WB that sweet sweet casual dollar a la the Mortal Kombat name, guest character movie promotions, FOMO KL garbage, and casual mechanic bullshit.

and one more thing I find it weird how anti guest characters the nrs scene has been as of late. when I see crazy guest characters get announced for other fighters like soul calibur, tekken, and smash they're almost always celebrated.
I've been around since guest characters got popular, and I have observed a pretty consistent stream of toxicity towards them across the internet ever since. I totally disagree with it, but the bile most certainly is more than a recent thing and hasn't slowed down one bit.

Let's hear it for optimism!

yes you are a fucking psycho
Good one lol. Do you just mindlessly and spinelessly defend anything NRS does, and call out those who disagree with it? It's pathetic reading comments from people like you.

I've been around since guest characters got popular, and I have observed a pretty consistent stream of toxicity towards them across the internet ever since. I totally disagree with it, but the bile most certainly is more than a recent thing and hasn't slowed down one bit.

Let's hear it for optimism!
I think the guests would not cause so much outrage if NRS would abandon its practice of strategically curating the roster and excluding key characters just to make them exclusive to the next title. For example, do they really think that including Noob or Mileena in every game would somehow kill the hype? If anything, I would be more psyched knowing my favs are in every game. But instead NRS relies on manipulation to ensure MK's popularity. When you combine this lacking base roster with DLC composed of less-demanded characters and a bunch of high profile guests, the whole thing seems backwards.

says the guy who stated Stryker isn't in MK11 because he's white and NRS/WB doesn't like white people. hahaha get the fuck on out of here you shitty scrub.
"GAHD BLASS NRASS FOR MEEKING MWROTAL KWOMBAT."
That's what you sound like. Pathetic. And yes, the game is a heaping pile of PC/RNG garbage but of course you're in denial or secretly love it. Pathetic either way.

trufenix

bye felicia
And because of a selected few people, this turned into a kindergarden mud fight.
Well done.
But that's how kindergardeners communicate their complaints.

How else would you describe someone who ignores the 8 fan classics (Noob, Baraka, Kabal, Shang, Shao, Skarlet, Nightwolf and Jade) who just got brought back from MK9 and claim 3 (!) guests are WB/NRS are saving characters for DLC?