What's new

Wavedashing in MK11? How do you feel about this? Video and Poll and inside!

Does the MK11 version of dash blocking harm the "neutral heavy focus" gameplay that we expected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
how in the world is this worse than running???? Jesus guys like cmon. It’s okay to maybe dislike the feature but saying it’s worse/scrubbier than mkx running just makes you look ignorant and shows you never played mk9

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
how in the world is this worse than running???? Jesus guys like cmon. It’s okay to maybe dislike the feature but saying it’s worse/scrubbier than mkx running just makes you look ignorant and shows you never played mk9
Because you're moving with the speed of a run, but you're also blocking 50% of the time

Error404

Noob
Not to burst anyones bubble , but ... Unless NRS has been aware of this for some time , this will NOT be fixed with the day one patch. I don't think they will be able to find the exact bug that makes this work and hot-fix it in what is essentialy 1 work day.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
Im pretty sure wavedashing/dash blocking opened up A LOT more avenues for characters who couldnt compete before than it took away in MK9. Personally I preferred it to the running in MKX (although i prefer MK9 to MKX....for other reasons). I dont particularly care how it looks since most tech in fighters make them look like ass anyway, what would make this game any different? Dash blocking will make this game more competitive in the long run if it stays and help mitigate some of the over reliance on zoning that a lot of early impressions seem to be giving off. Now you dont need to risk a bad teleport or be forced to play a character who has one. That already sounds more balanced.

Agilaz

It has begun
I cant believe people actually want this to stay. Nobody sees the issue with the fact this was supposed to be a slower, more methodical game, and then days before release it is discovered that nope, back to absurd mobility they went.

This is not what we were promised. Im still hoping itll get patched cause this is killiny my hype completely

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought I had heard that they already released the day 1 patch for consoles? Also how does something like this slip by them if it indeed was not intended. I personally like it if they took character balance into consideration when designing this and hope this stays in some form.

I thought this game was supposed to be about walking, spacing, footsies, baiting, etc. The point of dashing, to me, is to quickly escape an attack that's going to hit you. I don't think you should be able to instantly block while dashing; you're trading the instant-block of walking for quicker movement. With dash-blocking there's no point of ever walking forward, because if you want to close the gap, dashing is always better.

I really think they should remove the ability to block until the dash is completed. If it's too hard for people to get in with walking/jumping/specials, then they can buff the walk speed. Simple.

DarkSado

Noob
Im pretty sure wavedashing/dash blocking opened up A LOT more avenues for characters who couldnt compete before than it took away in MK9. Personally I preferred it to the running in MKX (although i prefer MK9 to MKX....for other reasons). I dont particularly care how it looks since most tech in fighters make them look like ass anyway, what would make this game any different? Dash blocking will make this game more competitive in the long run if it stays and help mitigate some of the over reliance on zoning that a lot of early impressions seem to be giving off. Now you dont need to risk a bad teleport or be forced to play a character who has one. That already sounds more balanced.
Bro have play mk9? Low tier stood no chance against the top tier character especially character like Kabal and Sonya because of that stupid wavedash.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
I thought this game was supposed to be about walking, spacing, footsies, baiting, etc. The point of dashing, to me, is to quickly escape an attack that's going to hit you. I don't think you should be able to instantly block while dashing; you're trading the instant-block of walking for quicker movement. With dash-blocking there's no point of ever walking forward, because if you want to close the gap, dashing is always better.

I really think they should remove the ability to block until the dash is completed. If it's too hard for people to get in with walking/jumping/specials, then they can buff the walk speed. Simple.
This game since its early showings has been NOTHING about that. If anything, zoning felt very enforced if nothing else and for no other reason than simply because MK doesnt have projectile clashing and MK11s only way out is teleporting. The whole reason dash blocking and running mattered was because it (for the most part) stopped zoning from being too much of a thing. There are of course characters who still had effective zoning pressure in MK9 and MK10 even with those options available, but they could never completely run away with the game against someone who knew how to use these features. What i dont understand is if making the neutral such a contested feature was the main idea of the speed change, why didnt they change how zoning and teleporting works since these feel so incompatible with the "Neutral Matters" mandate? That makes no game design sense.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Can anyone confirm if this is still in the game?

I feel like if NRS was starting to take away videos, it must mean it's gone, god willing.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I like all the 100% free wins that this is giving me by noobs trying to use this tool and sucking