What's new

Strategy Was it good for you? - Mileena general discussion

Creepy00

Noob
I dont know if this has been brought, but if you do Mileena Otg B2 and later bf2, her bite animation changes to stabbing animation and does more damage. :/

Nah, it doesn't work after OTG B2. You can only get the stab animation if the sai is in their backs. OTG B2 puts one in their stomach instead.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Hey guys I have a question regarding Mileena's EX dive kicks. Im not sure if it has been asked yet and I didn't want to make a new thread for it.

Ok so im blocking and mileena does EX dive kick + sai name a few punishes that will catch her?

I figure things like kung lao spin, and raiden superman will punish not sure about reptile elbow dash since she is air born during the sai animation.

If im using smoke sometimes I can D+1 into smoke bomb off of her EX dive kick but if she does her sais after the EX version I can't punish. Maybe my timing is off and D+1 can punish mileenas EX kicks+sai not sure.

I have no problem punishing her EX dive kicks its when she adds the sais that give me more block stun that I can't punish.

Is there a universal move such as a uppercut that will punish the EX kick+ sai scenario? Im curious as mileena is my hardest matchup with any character I use and this move is just SO hard to punish. Im not speaking for online play just a punish in general. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I suppose its the timing I have the issue with. Its hard to duck the sais cause of the slight block stun from EX kick must be a pretty strict window. Ok thanks for the response.
Online, it is really hard to punish yes. As soon as the second kick hits, let go of block and D1. If the player tries to be 'tricky' and delay the Sai, it really doesn't matter because she's still in range to get hit by D1.

If you stand block the Sai, she has frame advantage. Get ready to block a string.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Online, it is really hard to punish yes. As soon as the second kick hits, let go of block and D1. If the player tries to be 'tricky' and delay the Sai, it really doesn't matter because she's still in range to get hit by D1.

If you stand block the Sai, she has frame advantage. Get ready to block a string.
Ok i think my problem before was I didn't let go of block after the last kick instead I held it and crouched resulting in me getting hit with sais due to the larger hit box. Thanks for the advice.

So I just noticed a VERY slight buff to Mileena. Messing around in practice mode and noticed that adding an Xray to the end of my bnb is doing 2% more damage today than it was yesterday. Looking at it I think it's fairly insignificant in that combo, but perhaps it could be more useful somewhere else? Here's the combo I'm using.

JIP, U4, U4, B1 4, 4, Roll, B1 4, Xray 45%

Yesterday the same combo was doing 43%, still not all that useful to add an Xray to the end (adds an extra 8% vs neck bite) but it's still potentially something.

redeyes

Button Masher
So I just noticed a VERY slight buff to Mileena. Messing around in practice mode and noticed that adding an Xray to the end of my bnb is doing 2% more damage today than it was yesterday. Looking at it I think it's fairly insignificant in that combo, but perhaps it could be more useful somewhere else? Here's the combo I'm using.

JIP, U4, U4, B1 4, 4, Roll, B1 4, Xray 45%

Yesterday the same combo was doing 43%, still not all that useful to add an Xray to the end (adds an extra 8% vs neck bite) but it's still potentially something.
i have always got 45% off that? maybe you got negitive edge and did a "sweep" to a roll or you didn't JIP because i always get 45% off that combo.

i have always got 45% off that? maybe you got negitive edge and did a "sweep" to a roll or you didn't JIP because i always get 45% off that combo.
Really? That's extremely weird, I've been maining Mileena for a couple months now doing that combo, and usually I end it with the neck bite for 37%. Occasionally I'd end it with xray, basically just to end a match or add a little flourish, but it's always done 43% for me. It kind of confused me today, so I went through seeing if I did something different (excluding jip, things like that) and without jip it hits for 42%... odd.

Looking through videos on youtube I found a 43% that excludes the extra kick before the roll, so I'm wondering if it's possible that it hasn't registered for me in the past, though if I didn't hit it I wouldn't be able to cancel into roll I don't think.

redeyes

Button Masher
Really? That's extremely weird, I've been maining Mileena for a couple months now doing that combo, and usually I end it with the neck bite for 37%. Occasionally I'd end it with xray, basically just to end a match or add a little flourish, but it's always done 43% for me. It kind of confused me today, so I went through seeing if I did something different (excluding jip, things like that) and without jip it hits for 42%... odd.

Looking through videos on youtube I found a 43% that excludes the extra kick before the roll, so I'm wondering if it's possible that it hasn't registered for me in the past, though if I didn't hit it I wouldn't be able to cancel into roll I don't think.
you can roll without the 4 i do it alot because i just use negative edge for the roll so i do 4 then back down and it will roll.

Yeah I gotcha, I mean the 4 has always come out and hit for me. Weird thing, but I have to say I'm kinda happy. That mysterious 2% for me makes ending with an xray a bit more viable.

You must've done JIP, U4, U4, B14, 4~Roll, 4~Xray (not B14~Xray) or you did the exact combo you mentioned, but without hitting JIP.

The patch hasn't come out yet that I'm aware of so Mileena shouldn't have gotten any sort of buffs yet.

Yeah it's gotta be something I'm missing, I'll take it though. It may be the same for you guys, but in my head my Leena just the smallest buff in history. Woo! Thanks for the help guys.

cyke_out

Noob
D4 does a few things

one of the longest reaching pokes in the game
it lowers her hit box making jump in punches whiff, as well as some mid attacks
and the most important
it causes complete rage in scrubs

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hi,(quick question from eu player still without the patch)
so has the better wake up system stopped smoke's smoke ball from shuting down mileena wake up attacks?

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
i hope mileena dies, and then gets grinded up in a law mower and shot into space where gwar takes the corpse, rapes it and then shits it out then it gets vaporized.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
is it me or has the posts in the mileena forum dipped alot in recent times?
rather than alot of matchup/tech being discussed seems it just near "usless" threads like "mileena ball hitting low" etc

like there pimp, zeroeffect, helter and pig of the hut, two i know use mileena in tourny play (not sure if pimp/zeroeffect offline players,sorry)
ill be using just baraka/mileena my tournys from now on,i know i wont be winning evo anytime soon but i wana support mk in my country

id really like to see a bit more chatter between us mileena players again and get a bit more buzz in the forum :focus: