What's new

Question - Goro Was Goro worth the wait?

Did he Punchwalk his way to your heart?

• Total voters

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If you can't cancel punchwalk then your totally fuarked, Sub-zero player would leave ice clone and just chill. All of Goro's moves look punishable on block. Not to mention you can simply jump over him and let him walk straight to hell.

Pretty sure goro will have more moves than punch walk lol.

It won't be that straight forward.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It doesn't fit (that variation). To me, Goro with a helmet, isn't Goro... If it was swapped with Dragon Fangs, that would've been the obvious pick for me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but right now, I'm not amused.

Not digging his weapon variation, I mean, Goro is a big sub-boss with four arms, Goro doesn't need weapons (or armor), and both were introduced at the same time, so that would've fit together. The only reason why his helmet fits the Kuatan Warrior is just because of the name really. :(
The Dragon fang are from the 3D era, they weren't introduced here.

And if you don't think they look cool as hell you must be incredibly hard to please.

Being big and a boss doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to use weapons or armor.

Literally the biggest badass in MK has a weapon and a helmet.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Goro looks awesome, one of the first characters I'm gonna try out.

However, like everyone already said that stream was in the end pretty disappointing and a bad showing of Goro.
It was way too overhyped to begin with coz they kept slapping that "Goro lives" bit on every fuckin video only to have Zeke screeching nonstop with casuals going ham on specials with Test your Casual-ness mode for 5 hours........
It was in fuckin Cali, bring back 16 bit or ask any of the tourney players to come show us something proper and make it worth all the effort after advertising it for like half a year, cmon..
I'm stoked for this game and all but I've had my lifetime fill of footage that's just players facerolling on the controller..

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
Yes ofc Goro looks good and fun to play the thing is the stream was not good ... because the people that streamed it they dont know shit about it and that makes it boring ... they using only special moves , even Tyler got bored

Goro looks awesome, one of the first characters I'm gonna try out.

However, like everyone already said that stream was in the end pretty disappointing and a bad showing of Goro.
It was way too overhyped to begin with coz they kept slapping that "Goro lives" bit on every fuckin video only to have Zeke screeching nonstop with casuals going ham on specials with Test your Casual-ness mode for 5 hours........
I agree, I would rather watch a Kombat Kast than this mess of a reveal. Killed all the hype for me.

Watching the stream makes you appreciate how much better Kombat Kast is. It was kind of annoying that they were doing the stream is if there hadn't already been 8 Kombat Kasts. Were there really a bunch of people tuning into Amazon's stream for the first time that hadn't been watching Kombat Kasts? Maybe, but idk.

I thought Goro did look really cool and fun. Goro looked like he did some good damage too. Coolest part was watching Goro and Ferra/Tor fighting: those two beasts took up half the screen, lol. I generally don't like the big characters (i.e., Bane, Doomsday, and Gundy didn't interest me in IGAU), but Goro actually looks like he'd be fun to play, especially the fire variation.

every character in MKX seem very unique and fun to play and <3 going into lab figuring stuff out
= every character was worth the wait
rly hyped only a few days left

He seems solid, but I didn't like the stream at all. 1 hour of content stretched out to 5 was a bad idea, and the screaming guy should of been kicked out.

This was the worst reveal for an Mkx character ever. That idiot that kept yelling and screaming I just wanted to punch him in the face. They kept skipping intros, talking through intros, kept yelling #punch walk, and #punch face the whole time was annoying.

This stream literally killed a lot of hype for me and because of that I am not watching anymore videos until the game releases.

Why the hell do they have a stupid baseball player and Starcraft player debuting goro. Why can't we get Mk tournament players debuting goro with a proper breakdown and combos. That's like debuting a brand new Lamborghini with someone that does not know how to drive a car.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
The Dragon fang are from the 3D era, they weren't introduced here.
I know, the helmet was introduced back then too (alternate outfit). And I don't care for them.

As for Shao Kahn, he started out with it. The helmet IS Shao Kahn, that's something entirely different. Goro's weapons are his four arms, and I stand with that.

Its possible that he doesn't have many great strings to show since Ed Boon said he'd have similarities with Doomsday and its not very often you see Doomsday do full strings :p

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Hunts templars
Erm... Who?

I could probably know if it wasn't too painful to watch that stream, that's even before you account for whoever that guy was who TYM keep complaining about.

Its possible that he doesn't have many great strings to show since Ed Boon said he'd have similarities with Doomsday and its not very often you see Doomsday do full strings :p
Boon never said that. My take is just he merely implied that large character doesn't have to be slow.