What's new

Question - Goro Was Goro worth the wait?

Did he Punchwalk his way to your heart?

• Total voters
I'm glad he doesn't look super broken or anything. That'll mean players that genuinely like him will play him in the long run. Plus I couldn't tell if he had any mobility issues or anything; he looks just as fast as the other characters we've seen.

Slick Tony

GT: TheSlickTony - PSN: TH3_AUR3L1U5
From what we have seen, in the hands of somebody who knows what they are doing, he could deal 35%+ damage from any where on the screen. In the corner it would probably shoot up. Marcus like:joker:.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Are you guys really that surprised? These aren't tournament players. I know it's annoying for us but there are 25,000 people watching the stream who are entertained. I say doing this stream and showing off Goro was a huge success.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
He looks amazing!! Won't be playing him but can't wait to see his high level play. Even if he ends up a braindead character, gotta get hype for the prince!

Are you guys really that surprised? These aren't tournament players. I know it's annoying for us but there are 25,000 people watching the stream who are entertained. I say doing this stream and showing off Goro was a huge success.
no one is surprised by this, I knew this stream was going to be shite the moment they announced the starcraft players and it being 5 hours long. I just want a normal breakdown like everyone else has gotten so far. And those streams have gotten the same number of viewers.

this stream was definitely not worth the almost-year wait, looking forward to playing goro tho

RiverHB

Noob
They should have just done a 5 hour Kombat Kast and eliminated all of that nonsense. And how hard is it to get people with at least average skill to play the game (for, I don't know, 45 min before stream maybe?) to positively showcase their hard work.

On topic though I think Goro looks extremely brutal. One of the 15 characters in my top 5.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The Goro Trailer was mad hype and worth the wait for me.

Scrubby matches with some annoying guy screaming constantly are not. This stream hasn't diminished the hype I still have for this character.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
To judge if Goro is good or not, Doomsday like or not is pretty stupid honestly. Tyler has mentioned on several occasions that he is learning the character and he doesn't give me the impression that he will try too hard to learn the tournament ways of using these characters. You could have him try to learn Kabal, known as the number 1 character in MK9 and somehow he would manage to make him look "not very good".

As for Zeke. Yeah he really deflated the stream. Him and the Test Your Luck for an hour of watching people that don't "really" know what they are doing for 5 hours is just a waste of time. It makes the MKX hype less hype honestly.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Really? I thought the helmet looked fantastic. Reminds you that goro is a warrior. I like that look most of all.
It doesn't fit (that variation). To me, Goro with a helmet, isn't Goro... If it was swapped with Dragon Fangs, that would've been the obvious pick for me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but right now, I'm not amused.

Not digging his weapon variation, I mean, Goro is a big sub-boss with four arms, Goro doesn't need weapons (or armor), and both were introduced at the same time, so that would've fit together. The only reason why his helmet fits the Kuatan Warrior is just because of the name really. :(

Last edited:

mamasau

Noob
honestly not, claw variation remember me too much baraka, and baraka > goro for me.
the warrior variation is classic slam goro.
the dragon variation is the only one that I think can be good because of the far/mid/close fireballs, good one.
2 no vs 1 yes: no.

But it wasn't a proper breakdown anyway.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
His design looks really fucking good to me but his gameplay was not interesting or my style at all so kinda bias. I am sure he will beast in good hands though.

Goro looks fine honestly to me, but we won't know for sure until April 14th if he's really good or not. We especially won't know anything from the stream. They made it out to be some sort of special event for Goro when it was everything but. I mostly enjoyed the first half of the stream but the second half made the event out to be some kind of joke.