What's new

VSM KT Smith's Living Injustice Tier Chart

Justice

Noob
LBSH, here is the real tier list:

1 - 5 = THE ENTIRE FRIKIN CAST!

NO tier list should even be considered before at least 3 months in, and even that should be highly suspect due to the game not being out long enough.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
it's just an opinion of his. lol let's get salty! it's not like he said we need to buff or nerf anything it's just how he sees the cast right now. I'd flip it upside down and post it just to see ya'll reaction I swear.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
IMO Green lantern is top 3 while killer frost is probably around 5-6 range. I'm not down playing i'm saying KF could be top 5 for sure but overall I would say green lantern is a better character.

Reactions: Jer

Neclord

Noob
I agree that KF is pretty strong (played over 150 matches with her online so far) but I don't think she is at the very top. She has not very good anti air options and her normals are lacking a bit.

High tier imo, but not top.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
LBSH, here is the real tier list:

1 - 5 = THE ENTIRE FRIKIN CAST!

NO tier list should even be considered before at least 3 months in, and even that should be highly suspect due to the game not being out long enough.
Relax man its only speculations u act like this is some official tierlist statement or something

Justice

Noob
it's just an opinion of his. lol let's get salty! it's not like he said we need to buff or nerf anything it's just how he sees the cast right now. I'd flip it upside down and post it just to see ya'll reaction I swear.
Relax man its only speculations u act like this is some official tierlist statement or something
Top player + "opinion" + internets = dumbasses taking it as fact. How quickly we all forget how bad this site was with tier lists and "opinions" less than a year ago....

And for the record, that is my serious opinion that the entire cast is top 5. Everyone has their strengths, weaknesses and "broken shit".

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
"OMG ITS 2 ERLY 4 TIER LISTZ UR TEARING DIS KOMMUNITY APART LOL UR WRONG"

First, it's a chart not a list. The chart gauges the relative strength of the characters tool sets and is not match-up based

Second, NEWS FLASH kids: There is no such thing as a "correct" tier list so GTFO of here with that shit. Things will invariably change throughout the games life and tier placements along with them. Thank fuck someone with some sense like Vulcan Hades is posting. "It's never too early or too late for tiers" is the smartest post in the thread. (love your Yoshi / Christie btw. Mad ups)

Maybe this list will be relevant and close to lists in 6 months, and maybe those 6 month lists will be irrelevant in 8 months. Who the fuck knows.

Superman's zoning is fine. The fireballs are somewhat slow in terms of the start up frames, but they have solid total recovery frames. In particular, d,b+3 has a similar recovery to Guile's LP Sonic Boom.
Superman is not a rush down character. He is a character based on footsies and f+2,3 xx d,b+2 is currently the best footsie tool in the game.

Superman is well-rounded. Nothing is bad. Everything is good or, in some cases, very, very good. The zoning is good. The footsies are very good. d,f+2 is OK as an AA. The only moves d,f+2 cannot AA are those that have ridiculous hitboxes such as Black Adam's dive kicks and Doomsday's j.d+3. The damage is above average. The trait is very good. The super move is the best in the game. And so on.

I never said Superman was a rushdown character. All I said that his f23 is the crux of his gameplay. His zoning/mobility/mix ups are ok but aren't quite as good as those above him. I wouldn't be opposed to moving him to just under Raven and Nightwing but I don't think he's as good as they are.

Clearly hasn't fought against a top Grundy yet.
or a top Hawkgirl.
Or a top Bane ;_;

Please explain how this would change their relative toolsets.

what a joke of a tier list.. lol
im sure i can beat you in a set with joker... you guys know nothing of the char.. like who plays joker in new york?? all i see is green latern scrubs..
just ask claude about my joker , and that was online. lol

Please brag more about your online prowess.

Joker is easily the worst character in the game and your training-room tech that fills the joker forum has yet to save him. Bad neutral game, Bad trait, Bad footsies, Terrible AA, alright jump attacks. His sweep has great range but, oops, I can punish it on block with lift. GG joker. His only decent combos are non hit-confirmable and on block can be jumped out of ON REACTION to the rolling canister as opposed to the 323 string. The makings of a bottom character.

Teeth resets are a joke of a gimmick unless you have them cornered. Or can combo into a stage interact for the UTKD lmao. If you can do either of those things, admittedly they are strong but Joker has no ability to actively corner anyone. If they block teeth midscreen (for some reason) you do get a free jump in. The only problem is Joker has nothing to pressure or mix up with that lead to anything other than nickel and dime damage.

Don't tell me what I know and don't know. Also, lets see some footage of your ballin' Joker. When were the last KH Injustice casuals?

Maybe you're sick nasty with the Joker. Fine. Wonderful. Great Job. But it doesn't change his complete shit of a tool set.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I was joking, don't be so defensive. :v

Thank you for ignoring this post and coming at me on a different one though.

So does the tier go from
Top right
Top left
Bottom right
Bottom left

In terms of viability? What makes the characters in the lower tiers low tier? Why is Killer Frost above Superman? I would have thought he's the best right now.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
My main gripe with this tier list, is you surely have not played someone competent with every character. The tier list is likely swayed heavily based on the characters that you happen to play so far with a good representative.

For example, the only way you can put Harley in the same tier as Hawkgirl is if you know nothing about her and/or have not played a competent one.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
IMO Green lantern is top 3 while killer frost is probably around 5-6 range. I'm not down playing i'm saying KF could be top 5 for sure but overall I would say green lantern is a better character.
I will drop KF once I find a suitable way of dealing with YOLO slides. Blocking them isn't cutting it. Until then I will remain salty about the move and everything that comes after it lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
My main gripe with this tier list, is you surely have not played someone competent with every character. The tier list is likely swayed heavily based on the characters that you happen to play so far with a good representative.

For example, the only way you can put Harley in the same tier as Hawkgirl is if you know nothing about her and/or have not played a competent one.
This is based off of known tool-sets. I have yet to get any matches of significance in against Black Adam or Deathstroke but I still feel I categorized them properly.

Do you disagree with their placement?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
So does the tier go from
Top right
Top left
Bottom right
Bottom left

In terms of viability? What makes the characters in the lower tiers low tier? Why is Killer Frost above Superman? I would have thought he's the best right now.
Sorry.

The higher up they are vertically the stronger their toolset is in relation to the rest of the cast. The farther to the right they are, the more well rounded they are. The farther to the left they are, they have weaknesses against certain playstyles (difficult to deal with rushdown / zoning, can be turtled easily, etc.) or have limited tools. Grapplers are a prime example of the "has faults" side.

Reactions: RYX

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The Ultraviolent Jeff Goldblum has returned.

Excellent.

Hitoshura 's right on the money about DS: He essentially IS Reptile.
He can hit you from any point on the stage, but you trade the on-the-ground control of the Dash for the air control of the Air Quick Shot, which in a jump-reward-heavy game such as this is crucial to his survival.
And while he may not be able to consistently stand up to EVERYONE, he has the means to successfully defend himself against almost anyone.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
I just want to know why you put characters where they are might make your tier list more respectable if we know

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Sorry.

The higher up they are vertically the stronger their toolset is in relation to the rest of the cast. The farther to the right they are, the more well rounded they are. The farther to the left they are, they have weaknesses against certain playstyles (difficult to deal with rushdown / zoning, can be turtled easily, etc.) or have limited tools. Grapplers are a prime example of the "has faults" side.
Could you provide some kind of write up to why you personally dont think Black Adam is very well rounded, as little or as much detail as you feel needed.

Tier lists at this stage was a ballzy move, but you did actually use quite a good format for this one, im quite intrigued.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Could you provide some kind of write up to why you personally dont think Black Adam is very well rounded, as little or as much detail as you feel needed.

Tier lists at this stage was a ballzy move, but you did actually use quite a good format for this one, im quite intrigued.
Well, black adam has really high damage, but a lot of it can be avoided with standblock. He also relies heavily on Dive Kick so characters that can pull him out of the sky (GL, Raven) take that away from him. That's why I feel he isn't well rounded. He's still good though.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I like this style of tier chart..it's not too restrictive, yet gives pretty good perspective on where characters relatively stand.