What's new

VSM KT Smith's Living Injustice Tier Chart

I like this list overall except for like 2-3 characters I don't really agree with.

I think Flash and Doomsday are better than Green Lantern.

I haven't played much Jokers so I can't really say much about him. Why do you feel he is the only low tier character?

Wigy

There it is...
Just what TYM needed now days. A tier list from a long time washed up Smoke player. Here is what I think.

- Ares's reset will be fixed, according to Colt. No point in ranking him that high.

- Black Adam and Deathstroke are on the right side, but perhaps they should be ranked a little higher. Not sure.

- Cyborg's full screen fireball block infinite will get fixed. No point in ranking him that high.

- Killer Frost is the textbook definition of a user-friendly character, but she should not be ranked that high. She has questionable normal attacks.

- Superman should be ranked higher. f+2,3 is the best normal attack in the game. 8F hit-confirmable mid attack with huge range that leads to 50% combos with the use of trait.
You're a dick.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think it's still a bit too early for this -- most of the characters still haven't been fully explored yet, and neither have the matchups. At this point it's more useful to talk about how players can make full use of all the character and game tools than to argue over which characters are better than others.

Maybe month or two down the road :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
KT Smith characters go from center to the sides in rising order? Does this mean that, in your opinion, KF is the best char in the game at the moment?

Joker
The Joker teeth loops are fraud tech, he takes huge risks for very little little damage, his parry is the worst in the game by far (you risk taking a combo to do 9% damage and be at negative frames, 2% if it's low parry), and he has no good way to spend meter ( you can't really hit confirm into rlg and if the first hit is blocked you can jump it for a full combo).
Killer Frost
big combos off of everything into standing safe 50/50's, very safe in general, I don't think she can really be zoned. Who needs strong normals when your slide goes 3/4ths of the screen and is only negative 4, also you can back yourself up with the best parry in the game.

Ares and Cyborg have that stuff now and this is when the chart was made.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Killer Frost
big combos off of everything into standing safe 50/50's, very safe in general, I don't think she can really be zoned. Who needs strong normals when your slide goes 3/4ths of the screen and is only negative 4, also you can back yourself up with the best parry in the game.

Ares and Cyborg have that stuff now and this is when the chart was made.
I understand that. And I was one of the first people to criticize the Killer Frost community for claiming that their character has a complex vortex. It is really just a simple-minded 50/50 mix up. But what you are saying is that she is on the same level as Cyborg, a character who has a full screen block infinite combo. That is absurd.

I understand that. And I was one of the first people to criticize the Killer Frost community for claiming that their character has a complex vortex. It is really just a simple-minded 50/50 mix up. But what you are saying is that she is on the same level as Cyborg, a character who has a full screen block infinite combo. That is absurd.
Fair enough

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Killer Frost, Aquaman, Raven, Wonder Woman ..... are definitely top/high tier.

All the rest, let's see how the IGAU competitive scene matchup gameplay knowledge evolves along the year

Hitoshura

Head Cage
What ever happened to S-C/F tier lists?

Just what TYM needed now days. A tier list from a long time washed up Smoke player. Here is what I think.

- Ares's reset will be fixed, according to Colt. No point in ranking him that high.

- Black Adam and Deathstroke are on the right side, but perhaps they should be ranked a little higher. Not sure.

- Cyborg's full screen fireball block infinite will get fixed. No point in ranking him that high.

- Killer Frost is the textbook definition of a user-friendly character, but she should not be ranked that high. She has questionable normal attacks.

- Superman should be ranked higher. f+2,3 is the best normal attack in the game. 8F hit-confirmable mid attack with huge range that leads to 50% combos with the use of trait.
Deathstroke has faults though. He isn't perfect and were he is on the tier graph seems right to me. He is like reptile tier as in pretty good, but not amazing. Cyborg even without the iafb hitting low opponents and block infinite will still be high tier due to his amazing zoning tools. Idky there fixing ares, apparently you can escape it from what I have been told. Its not guaranteed like cyrax.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

Ares and Cyborg will remain where they are until details of exactly how the balance adjustments will be implemented are out.

Black Adam and Death Stroke are good, but I don't see them stacking up against the true power-houses.

I agree that Superman f23 is the best string in the game and breath loops are deadly, but his entire game will revolve around it since everything else he appears to have has massive holes (easily punishable zoning, unsafe & easy to guard overhead/low game, slow AA move, predictable air dashes with bad air attack hit boxes, etc.) Actually he should be on the same line as DS and BA. Must have slipped him.

KF is a ridiculous character. 110% complete toolset and a risk / reward ratio that is off the charts in her favor. Questionable normal attacks? why would she ever use them outside of combos?

Joker is Dan-Tier. Only Low-Tier heroes need apply.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I like this list overall except for like 2-3 characters I don't really agree with.

I think Flash and Doomsday are better than Green Lantern.

I haven't played much Jokers so I can't really say much about him. Why do you feel he is the only low tier character?
everything dangerous Dave said about the Joker and more.

Flash and Doomsday better than GL? How could that be? Doomsday is a character with extremely powerful gimmicks but that's all. I haven't seen anything out of the flash that compares to GL. GL is an absolute monster of a character from everywhere except full screen away.

McNasty

Moist.
I think at this point the only thing we can really decipher would be the vertical axis. There are characters that are obviously well rounded and not so much, well at least IMO anyway.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Slide is good, but KF has major problems due to her normals being so stubby. There's too many characters who have advancing normals and disjointed hitboxes to not have good normal reach. And it actually fucks with her 50/50 game after daggers hit.

She'll slowly fall as time goes on even if she's not touched balance wise.

GL being that high, though, I 80% agree. A 9f advancing low normal with a huge hitbox and ducks under cross ups, alongside a 10f wall of hitbox that can be specifically safe and leads to a dirty oki offense and an angled air fireball is just so dirty. GL is super good, and I gain confidence in him the more I play. He just has too many problems vs some zoning to stick to top 3. Top 7, yes, though.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
About Harley Quinn:
Her mind-game potential is colossal, her combo damage is above average, and her horizontal mobility delivered through Silly Slide and Tantrum Stance is awesome.
An instant transition from decent zoning into good rushdown (from silly slide into TS) will surprise opponents, leading to big combo pickups.
Her tantrum stance cartwheel is only -5, right?
I find myself punishing people's punish attempts, with down + 1 into another big combo, after they block my first cartwheel.
Her zoning is decent too, Anti-Air overhead EX-cupcakes can create full screen combos, or a perfect opportunity to rushdown with a 4/5ths screen low, from silly slide into TS: and then a combo.
Silly Slide can create some Reptile like setups. Good overhead/low stuff.
She just needs a tournament representative, honestly.
@Delirach?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I agree that Superman f23 is the best string in the game and breath loops are deadly, but his entire game will revolve around it since everything else he appears to have has massive holes (easily punishable zoning, unsafe & easy to guard overhead/low game, slow AA move, predictable air dashes with bad air attack hit boxes, etc.) Actually he should be on the same line as DS and BA. Must have slipped him.
Superman's zoning is fine. The fireballs are somewhat slow in terms of the start up frames, but they have solid total recovery frames. In particular, d,b+3 has a similar recovery to Guile's LP Sonic Boom.

Superman is not a rush down character. He is a character based on footsies and f+2,3 xx d,b+2 is currently the best footsie tool in the game.

Superman is well-rounded. Nothing is bad. Everything is good or, in some cases, very, very good. The zoning is good. The footsies are very good. d,f+2 is OK as an AA. The only moves d,f+2 cannot AA are those that have ridiculous hitboxes such as Black Adam's dive kicks and Doomsday's j.d+3. The damage is above average. The trait is very good. The super move is the best in the game. And so on.

Yeah now that I think about it it's true that Green Lantern has everything any character could want. zoning, mixups, AAs/air control, easy combos, air mobility, resets. He has all the tools to deal with all playstyles. And that stupid low is super annoying omg lol.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
Its ok, but Joker definitely is around low mid-mid tier in his abilities.

I realize cyborg is high, but I wouldnt consider him top, is that because of his infinite?

Currently, Id say Aquaman, Superman, Nightwing, Doomsday, Cyborg, Raven, Batman, and Black Adam are all high tier based on tourney results and general views.
yea that said we haven't seen alot of tournament play and people are sleeping on characters ya just know it

I'll agree with everybody on that list except Supes maybe I jsut haven't played any really good superman players but I'm a WW main and I normally win I'd say 75% of those matchups and shes firmly high-mid tier