What's new

Video/Tutorial Video Showing Ways to Deal with Doomsday by Pig of the Hut

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Really helpful stuff. I've been eating soooo many of those stupid Hulk smash air attacks it's made me want to smash my stick. Had no idea you had to wait until you can dash.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im gonna see if Sky Alert or MB Sky Alert owns him like Aquaman because if so its a full on BIG combo off that since itd start with Doomsday at the top of the screen in a juggle state. To the LAB!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Im gonna see if Sky Alert or MB Sky Alert owns him like Aquaman because if so its a full on BIG combo off that since itd start with Doomsday at the top of the screen in a juggle state. To the LAB!

Sky Alert works for sure, especially with meter ... Will it "own" him like Aquaman does? Nothing will own his "Supernova" (specifically) more than Aquaman IMO, just DO NOT use Supernova vs Aquaman because even if Aquaman doesnt fwd dash out or b3+mb, he has an even easier option which is parry bomb and or just d2...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Sky Alert works for sure, especially with meter ... Will it "own" him like Aquaman does? Nothing will own his "Supernova" (specifically) more than Aquaman IMO, just DO NOT use Supernova vs Aquaman because even if Aquaman doesnt fwd dash out or b3+mb, he has an even easier option which is parry bomb and or just d2...
Aquaman knocks them AWAY though with that. If Sky Alert hits it pops them straight up allowing for air juggle combo followup ending in B3 wallbounce extensions. Its how most GA big damage midscreen combos work.

My advice is never do this to a GA with an ice arrow loaded.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I've just received word that Doomsday handed in his resignation shortly after this video was posted. The letter is addressed to Pig Of The Hut and states simply "rawr. rawr rawr." with a sad face at the end.

Retirement services will be held on the 25th of May, at UFGT. Any gifts or financial donations may be directed to Hatake Osawa, who is managing the Doomsday family fund.

Our deepest sympathies go out to those who have lost their employment in these difficult times.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've just received word that Doomsday handed in his resignation shortly after this video was posted. The letter is addressed to Pig Of The Hut and states simply "rawr. rawr rawr." with a sad face at the end.

Retirement services will be held on the 25th of May, at UFGT. Any gifts or financial donations may be directed to Hatake Osawa, who is managing the Doomsday family fund.

Our deepest sympathies go out to those who have lost their employment in these difficult times.
In somewhat related news The Easter of Sinestro: HE IS RISEN is near

:)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In somewhat related news The Easter of Sinestro: HE IS RISEN is near

:)
Rofflll. Are you sure he was actually dead? Rumor has it that Arturo's people were unable to finish the job and he recuperated in a NY-area hospital. Either that or that he faked his death so that people wouldn't learn the matchup before ECT.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Rofflll. Are you sure he was actually dead? Rumor has it that Arturo's people were unable to finish the job and he recuperated in a NY-area hospital. Either that or that he faked his death so that people wouldn't learn the matchup before ECT.
It'll be explained in Time

cyke_out

Noob
Hopefully the increase of people punishing random supernova's will make the doomsday community level up and stop doing naked supernova's like it's a free get in card.

Reading a projectile or a jump.. then go right ahead, do a supernova.

chores

bad at things
i dont know if this is covered in the vid (cant hear audio at work) but GL can f3 MB. thats what ive been doing online but looks like i need to just start late dashing

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Why the DD hate? >.< Once people get smart about him, he might hit Sheeva tier :'(
No, Doomsday's rushdown is far too good for that. Let's get real, we're talking about how to punish telegraphed supernovas, we're not talking about all of what makes Doomsday actually good which is the fact he's plus a million on everything with high priority normals. Not to mention, for a character who absolutely loves abusing you in the corner, he has the easiest wall carry in ex shoulder I've ever seen. Doomsday with meter: absolute nightmare. Pushblock is all we have against that, but Doomsday's trait also negates pushblock for the most part.

With good trait management, Doomsday will always be a complete menace, unless you're playing Superman...

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
No, Doomsday's rushdown is far too good <snip>
With good trait management, Doomsday will always be a complete menace, unless you're playing Superman...

Ok, I digress, Sheeva tier may have been a exaggeration. And I love this toon, love his pressure. And yeah supernova is free punish if its naked//fullscreen or otherwise used unwell.
His everything is ++ on block (damn near) but his normals for the most part have abysmal start up. Meaning any toon with faster start up can just poke out of everything, prior to being trapped behind +block.

Im gonna keep rocking it with him though. My county has a pretty good gathering of people meeting weekly, and damn I'm not doing bad with DD. But I feel at this point he is a easy nub crusher- meaning once people get smart about it, DD will have to level hard to be in line with competitive gaming.

I effing hate that superman's trait just insta-trashes Doomsday's!! That D-bag gets his trait back faster than DD too...