What's new

Video/Tutorial Video Showing Ways to Deal with Doomsday by Pig of the Hut

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Ok, I digress, Sheeva tier may have been a exaggeration. And I love this toon, love his pressure. And yeah supernova is free punish if its naked//fullscreen or otherwise used unwell.
His everything is ++ on block (damn near) but his normals for the most part have abysmal start up. Meaning any toon with faster start up can just poke out of everything, prior to being trapped behind +block.

Im gonna keep rocking it with him though. My county has a pretty good gathering of people meeting weekly, and damn I'm not doing bad with DD. But I feel at this point he is a easy nub crusher- meaning once people get smart about it, DD will have to level hard to be in line with competitive gaming.

I effing hate that superman's trait just insta-trashes Doomsday's!! That D-bag gets his trait back faster than DD too...
Doomsday's normals have a tonne of block stun. Poking him is a free combo because his overheads seem to alter his hitbox so your poke whiffs and his d1 has amazing range, so space yourself and abuse that. You cannot win a d1 war against Doomsday. His d3's just setting up more ambiguous crossup bs to deal with too. Think people are seriously downplaying Doomsday.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I hope people continue to downplay DD till i get to the first tourny around me. And yeah, Play against bane on single battle very hard difficulty. Once i get DD down good, bane is next! doods dirty.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Pig Of The Hut

btw a couple of additional information on the Doomsday matchup:

-His Stomp move "Earth Shake" hits overhead first and then immediately low. So you have to fuzzy guard it from stand to crouch, or block standing and pushblock. Crazy Dominican was humiliating me in the corner with that move alone and I had no idea what to do at the time.

-The frame data says Earth Shake is -9 on block but that is COMPLETELY FALSE. Even Lex Luthor cannot punish it with his 6f Corp Charge. Doomsday is 100% safe. In fact, not only can Doomsday block Corp Charge in time, he has time to b3 MB it. And even completely jump away and not get hit which leads me to believe Earth Shake is really around +0 maybe even +1.

-His Shoulder Tackle move or "Venom" is between -8 and -10 on block. MB version is safe vs 6f moves and has a huge hitbox (you can't jump back to whiff punish most of the time because it hits you out of the air unless your character can modify his hurtbox with j1/j2/j3.
Shoulder Tackle MB is plus if I remember korrectly.

And since Earth Shake is a multihit move the Frame Data is klearly wrong. It should be ~neutral like you've said..

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Awesome stuff

I now assume cyborg can sonic up blast doomsday

I wonder how well sonic blast straight blast works against his barge

Must test

CURBOLICOUS
You kinda have to anticipate it and do it kinda ahead of time. Its like trying to anti air mileena's air drop with JC's nutpunch. Startup is kinda slow on sonic blast but I've only tested that online. I'll try offline.