What's new

Video/Tutorial Video Showing Ways to Deal with Doomsday by Pig of the Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hopefully this video will help people in the Doomsday Match-up and give hope to those who are in complete fear of him. Please note you can also b3 MB his normal charge as well as Aquaman can use his water parry the same way I show to use it against the teleport. Explore the game!

Also please see REO thread for great tips and descriptions of other ways to handle him

Featuring - THE FLY TRAP and NO FLY ZONE

Attachments

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Can Green Arrow do his Sky Alert as a punish? It's probably not as optimal as opposed to dash n' punish, but seems more reliable. It could be dope if it leads to a full combo as well.

Pig Of The Hut

Can Green Arrow do his Sky Alert as a punish? It's probably not as optimal as opposed to dash n' punish, but seems more reliable. It could be dope if it leads to a full combo as well.
The one where he shoots arrows straight up? Damn I forgot about that move

I know sinestro boulder works so probably, that'd be tight

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Maybe you should of explained in the video how to effectively block earth shake .Alot of people still don't know how to block it. But thx for the vid keep em coming.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Have you posted this video in other character sub-forum?

hmm...
I think most people that come across this part of TYM are... Doomsday players.
Unless some of us here share this video to the people we know, most players won't come across it.

Why not try posting this in other character sub forum?
great information, ought to be spread around as much as possible :)

Pig Of The Hut

Have you posted this video in other character sub-forum?

hmm...
I think most people that come across this part of TYM are... Doomsday players.
Unless some of us here share this video to the people we know, most players won't come across it.

Why not try posting this in other character sub forum?
great information, ought to be spread around as much as possible :)

Makes sense

GamerBlake90 can we article this or at least move it to injustice main area?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Pig Of The Hut Good stuff....
A lot of people have been using the dash and or b3+mb options vs Doomsday lately.... (Aquaman has literally like 4 options vs the Supernova , Just Aquaman's d2 alone, let alone his parry bomb etc)

Do you have an answer for his "Splash game" up close (j+d3)?
That is what is giving people more problems IMO than his Supernova (which is easy to stop)

Yeah I felt really dumb when I finally figured out I could just late dash lol.

For a long time I kept trying to backdash/dash but I was doing it way too early. I was also trying to hit it out of the air which of course doesn't work at all.

Pig Of The Hut

btw a couple of additional information on the Doomsday matchup:

-His Stomp move "Earth Shake" hits overhead first and then immediately low. So you have to fuzzy guard it from stand to crouch, or block standing and pushblock. Crazy Dominican was humiliating me in the corner with that move alone and I had no idea what to do at the time.

-The frame data says Earth Shake is -9 on block but that is COMPLETELY FALSE. Even Lex Luthor cannot punish it with his 6f Corp Charge. Doomsday is 100% safe. In fact, not only can Doomsday block Corp Charge in time, he has time to b3 MB it. And even completely jump away and not get hit which leads me to believe Earth Shake is really around +0 maybe even +1.

-His Shoulder Tackle move or "Venom" is between -8 and -10 on block. MB version is safe vs 6f moves and has a huge hitbox (you can't jump back to whiff punish most of the time because it hits you out of the air unless your character can modify his hurtbox with j1/j2/j3.