What's new

Discussion Variation Tier List (Post Patch)

Rate The List

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 12 24.0%

Votes: 6 12.0%

Votes: 7 14.0%

Votes: 6 12.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 1 (You have to be trolling)

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Also I just noticed Heavy Weapons Jax in bottom tier (alongside Lackey Torr and Drunken Master BRC)

Some of these placements need a serious rework.

I'm as salty as the next guy about Warlock's current state but I can't agree with this. Quan's base toolset alone keeps it miles away from the bottom 5 and nobody views Sorcerer/Summoner as bottom 5 when the round starts.
Heavy weapons is a giant turd

TheGangstaFace

I keep hearing this and every time someone has actually elaborated on this opinion they just kept giving false information.
There's really not much to say. He was B- to B+ previously, now he has no armor options except garbage Major Pain, harder time against zoning because of Dash Punch armor removal, 11 got nerfed, and stamina change made him even worse

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
There's really not much to say. He was B- to B+ previously, now he has no armor options except garbage Major Pain, harder time against zoning because of Dash Punch armor removal, 11 got nerfed, and stamina change made him even worse
I'm not sure how much I agree with those "issues" but they would apply to Jax in general, they aren't Heavy Weapons specific. The meat and potatoes of why you would play Heavy Weapons are still there.

TheGangstaFace

I'm not sure how much I agree with those "issues" but they would apply to Jax in general, they aren't Heavy Weapons specific. The meat and potatoes of why you would play Heavy Weapons are still there.
That's the thing, I don't think there's ever been a reason to choose HW. Pre patch to this patch I've never seen something HW can cover that the other 2 variations couldn't and now the stamina change made him even worse. The armor actually effects HW more than the other 2 variations as well. Wrestler has armored Quad Grab and PU has Ex Gotcha. Also as someone mentioned, Hit confirming off a cancel into 123 Ex OH Dash Punch is now gone. I can get a meterless combo if I want but I get 11% less than I could if I spent a bar and I get less corner carry

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
except using LAW cancels to hit confirm into EX OHDP mid screen.
If you're following up LAW cancels with a string into EX OHDP instead of 3B2, you aren't playing Heavy Weapons.

That's the thing, I don't think there's ever been a reason to choose HW. Pre patch to this patch I've never seen something HW can cover that the other 2 variations couldn't and now the stamina change made him even worse. The armor actually effects HW more than the other 2 variations as well. Wrestler has armored Quad Grab and PU has Ex Gotcha. Also as someone mentioned, Hit confirming off a cancel into 123 Ex OH Dash Punch is now gone. I can get a meterless combo if I want but I get 11% less than I could if I spent a bar and I get less corner carry
Safety and meterless mid screen full conversions? I'd say that's a pretty big incentive to play the variation.

TheGangstaFace

If you're following up LAW cancels with a string into EX OHDP instead of 3B2, you aren't playing Heavy Weapons.

Safety and meterless mid screen full conversions? I'd say that's a pretty big incentive to play the variation.
I can play just as safe with Wrestler (or even get positive frames off my projectile) and the meterless conversions aren't enough to outweigh the cons of using HW over Wrestler or PU imo. I could type out a nice long list of things that the other 2 variations have over HW but I don't feel like it lol

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Also I just noticed Heavy Weapons Jax in bottom tier (alongside Lackey Torr and Drunken Master BRC)

Some of these placements need a serious rework.

I'm as salty as the next guy about Warlock's current state but I can't agree with this. Quan's base toolset alone keeps it miles away from the bottom 5 and nobody views Sorcerer/Summoner as bottom 5 when the round starts.
I cant say i agree :(

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I honestly think warlock is a bottom 5 variation. There's like 3 MUs he does well in. Thankfully one is mileena
I dont know. He still has decent zoning, good damage, a vortex (even if it's not the best), great counter zoning. My main problem with him is his anti pressure tool is basically gone

Xzyj

Noob
how Raiden is S tier? you can still poke him all day, only good mid to counter is close range and can be low profiled by some pokes/specials

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
how Raiden is S tier? you can still poke him all day, only good mid to counter is close range and can be low profiled by some pokes/specials
A good raiden has many options around it. He does extremely well against zoners. I personally don't think he needs another mid with his teleports that can send him a close range. You can make the opponent afraid to poke due to the F4 after far teleport, and the plus frames from ex teleport

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Outlaw is so bad it does not deserve a place in your list. :D

Cutthroat is still the best Kano variation, so you should probaby swap Cyber and Cutt.

And I do not know it Marksman is better than Heavy Weapons Jax, he is worse.

Quan Summ/Sorcer is better that A.

You need to work some more on this list. :)
added outlaw

Just my opinion, dont roast me please. But I think Displacer is not S plus. Now I do think hes really good, maybe s tier. I think displacer and smoke should be switched. Also can someone explain to me why demo is s?

I explained before. In my opinion he loses little MUs (if any), and his teleport and plus frames covers for his lack of mids
no no no XD im not saying that you're wrong man, its just my opinion :) everyone has it, but the main reason I don't think he is higher than smoke is because you have to ex his teleports to combo, if you dont i can punish on reaction

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
no no no XD im not saying that you're wrong man, its just my opinion :) everyone has it, but the main reason I don't think he is higher than smoke is because you have to ex his teleports to combo, if you dont i can punish on reaction
Yes you do. But he is not about the combos imo. He opens people up with mind games and plus frames. His far teleport can get people to push buttons and they will get hit. Sometimes it is quite hard to do it on reaction if you keep using different strings.

Yes you do. But he is not about the combos imo. He opens people up with mind games and plus frames. His far teleport can get people to push buttons and they will get hit. Sometimes it is quite hard to do it on reaction if you keep using different strings.
I completely agree :) I wasn't trying to make it sound like its all about combos, im js if you want to use it as pressure you have to ex it, but I also dont think mind games makes someone top tier, but I see what youre saying completely, smoke can do the same thing with his phase and his b21, if they are trying to zone you can full punish off his b21 and that leads into a guessing game. But other than that I mostly agree with your list, thanks for sharing dude RATE:8