Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Mostly

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
After messin around i can def see why you think she beats flash cw n harley idk if they quite bad enoughto be 6-4 but i see em being in hgs favor a bit.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
how can you ever get a game in as hg seems i always am fighting ds sin or zod :p
When I'm just doing casuals and online play I'll use HG against DS, but the Sinestro MU is just so horrid that I can't use her on him. During Tourneys I tend to CP vs those characters though.

When Bane's trait is down he runs and Hawkgirl cannot catch his backdash and cannot do jack from full screen. .
What?

Unless there's some infinite stage I don't know about, catching Bane with no trait is EASY. He can backdash himself into the corner for all I care. That's the worst place to be vs HG. Or HG can simply MTmb from the air and catch him EASILY. What's he gonna do to keep her away other than pushblock? He has no keepaway moves. Hell..... a simple dash to MC gets you in striking range and what's he gonna do under cooldown? Hell..... she can jump and MC to catch him because her jump is so far.

i have a question... why does everyone underestimate hawkgirl? look.. just because hawkgirl players arent swarming like batman, superman, adam, aquaman.. that doesnt mean that she loses to everyone. give me a break.

TheSpore

i have a question... why does everyone underestimate hawkgirl? look.. just because hawkgirl players arent swarming like batman, superman, adam, aquaman.. that doesnt mean that she loses to everyone. give me a break.
Well many do underestimate her, but I am not going to pretend she is the best in the game when I know clearly she isn't. she has bad MUs that nearly require the use of a CP plain and simple, but she can be a pain for others to face.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I use HG for every match in the game except 5.

I use my Zatanna to fight Sinestro, Deathstroke, Zod, Cyborg, and Green Lantern. I do try one game against Deathstrokes and Sinestros just to make sure they can keep me out first anyway.

TheSpore

My secondary for most matches is normally BG she has been a secondary for me for a while, but I am also still learning Zatanna and WoWo

I use HG for every match in the game except 5.

I use my Zatanna to fight Sinestro, Deathstroke, Zod, Cyborg, and Green Lantern. I do try one game against Deathstrokes and Sinestros just to make sure they can keep me out first anyway.
I use MMH for all of them. I still like Bane and WW, though.

I've given up with using HG vs BG and Sinestro. It's just too frustrating.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.

Sadly, these days MMH seems to be the answer to everything, I agree with that but its still sad.

In my humble opinion fighting (a competent) Batgirl is frustrating regardless of your character. As far as Sinestro goes, I know people around these parts always yell at you about not knowing anything until you fought cowboy and p2w, and they're correct that I haven't. I've fought two kinds of Sinestros, super lame ones who are scared to play up close, and good ones who realize he destroys her everywhere on the screen. Thus me giving it a game, test the waters. I'll beat the 'fraidy cats every day, but the really good complete Sinestros are too much for my HG. I train with a Lex main, I know how to get in, but its not fun or rewarding against some people. I honestly think HG gets beat pretty bad when there is a vortex involved, she doesn't do enough damage (outside the corner) to be fighting one touch kill folks.

Sadly, these days MMH seems to be the answer to everything, I agree with that but its still sad.

In my humble opinion fighting (a competent) Batgirl is frustrating regardless of your character. As far as Sinestro goes, I know people around these parts always yell at you about not knowing anything until you fought cowboy and p2w, and they're correct that I haven't. I've fought two kinds of Sinestros, super lame ones who are scared to play up close, and good ones who realize he destroys her everywhere on the screen. Thus me giving it a game, test the waters. I'll beat the 'fraidy cats every day, but the really good complete Sinestros are too much for my HG. I train with a Lex main, I know how to get in, but its not fun or rewarding against some people. I honestly think HG gets beat pretty bad when there is a vortex involved, she doesn't do enough damage (outside the corner) to be fighting one touch kill folks.
i still fight batbrats with shayera and they get blown up. downside is... cartwheel and no air game. and u need patience which is hard to say cause youre hawkgirl.. but u can take them out... cause i can. its not that bad. neither is mmh. both are 4-6. on the other hand.. sinestro zod... well im glad i main frost and raven too.

Because of BGs Smoke bomb, jumping or flying is a no-no. Because most smart BG users know this, they'll stay back and chuck batarangs and bolas at you and wait for you to lose your patience while they build meter. HGs slow, airy dash even makes block and dashing difficult. It becomes a lesser version of fighting vs sinestro.

You can MC the smoke bomb on anticipation while in trait though. I've pulled out a clutch win or two with it.

Because of BGs Smoke bomb, jumping or flying is a no-no. Because most smart BG users know this, they'll stay back and chuck batarangs and bolas at you and wait for you to lose your patience while they build meter. HGs slow, airy dash even makes block and dashing difficult. It becomes a lesser version of fighting vs sinestro.

You can MC the smoke bomb on anticipation while in trait though. I've pulled out a clutch win or two with it.
Wing evade her zoning. Time it correctly and u can do it.. I learned it the hard way. Zoning is something u can get around w hg on bg. But remember d1 bitch to death

kaseyk

Noob

we3 goes right over bola . bola cancel on our jump gives enough time to land and react .
d1 stuffs her wakeups and her close game .
air mc on reaction to smoke bomb wins do to the pull back on it
we can full combo punish b2u3 , back dash and go into our pressure between b2d3 and reverse pressure on blocked b1u2 .
we3 and d1 are dominating tools in this mu 5-5 imo

we3 goes right over bola . bola cancel on our jump gives enough time to land and react .
d1 stuffs her wakeups and her close game .
air mc on reaction to smoke bomb wins do to the pull back on it
we can full combo punish b2u3 , back dash and go into our pressure between b2d3 and reverse pressure on blocked b1u2 .
we3 and d1 are dominating tools in this mu 5-5 imo
i wouldnt say 5.5 but everything u said up there hun is true! <3 btw u can d2 mmh oh teleport.

kaseyk

Noob
i wouldnt say 5.5 but everything u said up there hun is true! <3 btw u can d2 mmh oh teleport.
i just we3 oh tp and if you time for we oh tp and he does rego you will block and get a massive punish . i need more mmh xp still but i'm determined to turn it into a 5-5 for myself .
i am a hg purist and will never cp my mu chart only has sin a zod as 4-6 the rest even or in my favor . mainly because i know how to block everything . what i can interupt and and use WE immune to my advantage . the dash can be cancelled into anything just past half way making it far better then peeps realize .

hg played right has the tools to beat any character in the game at any level of play .

i just we3 oh tp and if you time for we oh tp and he does rego you will block and get a massive punish . i need more mmh xp still but i'm determined to turn it into a 5-5 for myself .
i am a hg purist and will never cp my mu chart only has sin a zod as 4-6 the rest even or in my favor . mainly because i know how to block everything . what i can interupt and and use WE immune to my advantage . the dash can be cancelled into anything just past half way making it far better then peeps realize .

hg played right has the tools to beat any character in the game at any level of play .
UNZIP YOUR PANTS NOW! <3