What's new

USSF4 Both Ultras Rumour.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
If using both ultras cuts damage/scaling on them then the characters who only really have 1 decent ultra would STILL never use their second ultra, and would be even less likely to use both at the same time.

Though some characters like Juri would have a whale of a time, being able to hitconfirm into U2 Combos from FADC and her j.Mp , without losing the option to go HAM with Feng Sui Engine for pressure!

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I would love to be able to use both of Makoto's Ultras in a match plus shes getting buffs finally

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Interesting. I too have jumped late onto the SF4 wagon as Injustice isn't really doing it for me. I feel so behind now, though with the release of USF4 next year I feel its still worth it.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Forget both ultras. Add SFxT roll and you instantly fix 99% of what people complain about in sf4

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Well, it would make sense, because both Ultras for each character has a different motion. In 3rd Strike, for example, all of Ryu's Super arts were QCF QCF + P. Now that each ultra has a different motion, it would certainly be possible.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I don't see many characters using this option though. I can maybe see Makoto, Gief, T.Hawk, Hakan, Fei Long, Dan and Cammy using it.

Gief, T.Hawk and Hakan are still on the fence, since their scariest ultras (U1) get their damage cut, and they can scare people into jumping with focus attacks (Aquasilk) and their regular command grabs.

Makoto gets the utility of one invincible reversal along with her corner escape.

Cammy and Fei Long can pressure more freely, since their U2 can scare off retaliation, while being able to tack on some more damage off Cannon Spike FADC / Shienkyaku FADC chicken wing -> U1. I see this being more useful for Cammy, since her non-cinematic U1 does add a good chunk of damage.

Dan's U1 can prevent people from fireballing / using heavy pokes, while U2 gives him 300 damage (240 if you take scaling into account) off a koryuken FADC.

The rest of the cast, for the most part, has a utility ultra and a damaging ultra. The damage ultra would serve much less of its original purpose if its damage is cut for picking both ultras.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
just got the game this week if any one wants to play on xbox add me : Chris has pads
i use gen and ibuki

matterovermind

mindundermatter
PND_Mustard
the thing is people read too much, then they have the illusion that they played games for years lol
did you get what i mean mustard? i know my english is bad :c
haha i feel the same with UMVC3 (though it's been more like a year toying + reading + watching it and the last 3 months playing seriously)

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
MAPUSA Qwark28 I only have it on 360 currently but I'm trying to sort a PS3 copy. Annoyingly I checked my previous downloads on PSN and bought the AE update in 2011 but sold my disk copy of SSF4 so it doesn't work.

I'll try and get a 2nd hand copy today or just bite the bullet and pay the £12 for the full download.

I'm still a total noob just FYI and have about 4 hours lab time. I'm slowly getting there with my execution though.

EDIT
Fuck it I had £1.89 in my PSN wallet so bought it. 18Gb download!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
lol, Ibuki would have a hell of a mixup add even if her neck breaker is gettin nerfed, tsumunji knockdown to command dash vortex would add another layer that would force ppl to try to wakeup to her game 80% of the time with the ultra bar activated.

I'm going to enjoy this, great idea for sure. New dynamic to the game and I believe it'll work well and be something that'll help out many characters. Picking up SF seriously!!!!, can't wait till SCR but will be playing at WNF tmrw most likely.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Would liven up the game a bit.

Seth gets life lead with ultra... GG.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Makes sense. Better than having 3 choices like the SF3 Super Art system where the other two literally became useless for 90% of the cast.

If we were ever to get UMK9, I wonder if this system would be useful for some characters. I'd rather have a straight up advancing X-ray with Cage than a parry.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
BenGmanUk
u r learning the game? nice better late then never lol.
which is your main? we can play some games i can show you some things.
Yeah I've decided everything I wanted from Injustice already exists within SF4 along with better netcode, balance etc and a larger scene so it makes sense for me.

I'm learning Yun at the moment and although I'm new to SF4 I played all the older ones up until SFA2.

Does in game voice chat work on PSN?