What's new

Useless Moves of MKXL

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Full screen unblockable setup in summoner?

Final chip out to end a round?

And I don't use park drone either. But it does have a use.
Good point, I don't use summoner so I didn't think of that.
If you don't use it it's because it doesn't have a use. What use does it have where parking a drone is more advantagous thand doing anything else?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
also id say 3,4,d4(its d4 right, dont even know the notation)
I see no reason for this unless people dont know its a move he has and try to poke.
It does end in a low, I think Genocide used it against me a few times lol. I think it's less useless than 121

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you don't use it it's because it doesn't have a use. What use does it have where parking a drone is more advantagous thand doing anything else?
Midscreen hard to blockable setups

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Some people have brought it up, but I'll say it again: air hammer for Cryo is very useful, both for its armor breaking properties and its ability to change his air trajectory to counter AAs. Would it be nice for the regular version to leave you plus for frame traps or to have an EN version that pops us for a combo? Heck yeah. Otherwise though, I hope they keep it as is.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
To add to the list though, Unbreakable's EN Parry is pretty useless, as you're either going to use regular Parry or a different EN move. If EN Parry recovered faster or started up instantly, so it could be used to interrupt string gaps, it would be a different story.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
As in negative? If done right it's safe vs all wake-ups IIRC. You lose your ability to oki with this set-up so you have to respect their wake-up options which isn't difficult considering a lot of people get frantic when that puddle hits the ground (block and punish accordingly), but you still get decent chip for the duration they spend in the acid.

And if you read the wake-up and punish with a B2 corner combo, you're looking at good damage. (B2 combos keep them closer to the ground so the acid can tick more vs F412).

Also worth noting that ending in 14 will let you safely activate gas in Noxious.
Its safe, yes. But its like -3 at best. Realistically theyre gonna take an extra 2% before they either jump out, or do a string that moves them out of the puddle. Unless ur make a risky read and armour again but thats 2 bars spent on subpar damage. its very rare they will sit there and block in a puddle when you are negative. b2 is 11 frames, theres alot they can do in between a 14-15 frame overhead. Its high risk low reward.
It has its applications, but its his most useless special move for sure.
IMO.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Doesnt park drone let u extend combos for high meterless damage?

Lokheit

Noob
Kenshi's 111: Initiating with 11 is safer and deals more damage because the third hit has an extremely high damage scaling for a jab, so in every possible optimal scenario hitting the extra button will work against you, which makes zero sense. The same happens with the new string he got that is basically a recycle of his 111.

About the Air Hammer, it's useless, yes. I've come with multiple corner combos to finish with it in case they ever patch it so it's a restand (the first hit is actually a restand but then the second one knocks the opponent down so it doesn't work in optimal combos as a restand) or at least does something useful. I would get the "armor breaking" property away and instead give it something like being a ground pound with longer range or something like that.

On its current state it's only of any use in the corner and in most scenarios where you use it, you're at a disadvantage (block and wakeup delay beat it, and as it has no pushback on block and SZ sucks at close range, -2 is already a disadvantage when he's face to face) while the scenario where it works (they armor and you time it properly for the break) doesn't have a big enough reward (crappy damage and a very short knock down so no more momentum). NJP, NJK, empty jump, jump in reverse position "glitch" and jump backwards are all much better options than Air Hammer, so that's why I think its role and functionality should be changed for Cryo to give it an use.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
I am always wondering "What could this string be any useful?"

Messej

From Namco to NRS
Okay so like, I don't know if you guys noticed but a LOT of stuff mentioned in this thread got made "more useful" in the latest patch. Tremor's F2, Reptile's EX spit etc.

NRS listens, praise be.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Since the meta-patch, new useless move is EX Ice Klone. EX Ice Klone is only useful for longer activity, but...

Pre-patch it used to have an armor protecting you from incoming attacks. Now it no longer has this armor.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Since the meta-patch, new useless move is EX Ice Klone. EX Ice Klone is only useful for longer activity, but...

Pre-patch it used to have an armor protecting you from incoming attacks. Now it no longer has this armor.
???

f4~ex clone?

It's still a great option for baiting out reversals since basically all ex clone cancels are safe/plus.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
???

f4~ex clone?

It's still a great option for baiting out reversals since basically all ex clone cancels are safe/plus.
Wait a sec? Do you mean D4xxClone? I don't know if F4 can connect itself with the Klone.

As for your 2nd paragraph, I agree, but I'd rather stay in normal clone. I might need these meters for the 55%-58% kombos. We know that Sub Zero can reach till 58% with X-Ray ender. If they could fix his Ice Klone out of nowhere whiffs, I might have done more than this. I kould reach to 60%. :(

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie's standing gunshot ugh, though I found ways to add it in combos if you mess up, you can just pull out the gun and it'll at least extend the combo for a bit more damage. Still useless though.