What's new

Useless Moves of MKXL

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
You know, the fact that most of their moves are useless makes me think they need to design almost their characters from scratch or take them out. They are there to look cool but can't really be used optimally, even for combos. Their attributes don't really add up to the moves you see in tournament. Things like this make me think MK was designed for casuals.

Wigy

There it is...
True, but it is much outclassed by the damage totem. The fact that it goes away on hit makes it nearly useless right away, since the other totems do not disappear on hit, making them the better choice 99% of the time.

One can do a 41% combo with kotal with the damage totem summoned in the middle of the combo. The same combo with the blood totem does 33%, and heals 6.32%. This does not equal the benefit you would receive from instead using the damage totem, and you would still run the risk after the combo of being hit and losing the healing benefit, because the totem sticks around for a couple seconds after the combo.
Its great to close out rounds against characters with good armour when they're on a big life lead. If they dont have a bar in the corner you can keep them without a bar, that means no breaker, you build meter, heath and they loose meter.

Damage totem nets you like what 10% extra on some stuff. What if they have 70-80% and you have 10%? You may as well hail mary and go for it with the blood totem, even if u dont close out the round, they have less meter and you have more. Just end shit in grabs to time out the totem and get another out.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
To cover my previous post, I'll post some of them.

Alien Tarkatan's EX BF2. You'll notice that its light barrier doesn't do much against other characters. And I use this as a pressure vortex quite often.
Alien's EX Krawl. Its barrier is useless, because it doesn't protect Alien from other characters' projectiles, however, it is very useful for some kombos.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
did you forget about the meter drain and meter gain? also its possible to do a blood offering and gain huge meter and the 10% health of blood offering back on top of the combo heal

Less damage but health gain, meter gain and meter drain when done right, sounds pretty good to me, i use it most of the time (in combos) if the damage is not gonna kill or if im at a disadvantage
Blood totem doesn't even drain that much meter and not all his normals drain it. It's pretty meh

TamedLizard

Buff George
Reptiles ex acid spit. I don't even know if theirs a safe way to even end a combo with it
You can safely set it up by shortening combos (24-26%) and using the HKD from 14 as an ender. Corner is obviously the ideal place to set up.

But yeah. Really only something I do very rarely to catch someone off guard or if I have life/meter lead.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
You can safely set it up by shortening combos (24-26%) and using the HKD from 14 as an ender. Corner is obviously the ideal place to set up.

But yeah. Really only something I do very rarely to catch someone off guard or if I have life/meter lead.
Wouldn't that leave you at disadvantage though?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Ehhhh park drone has some minor uses. It's not on the same level as Kenshi ex db4

Sky drop definitely has a use as its quan's only armoured move in two variations hahaha.
I literally never use park drone.
it may as well have no armour though haha, maybe ex has a use, but non ex definitely does not :p

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I literally never use park drone.
it may as well have no armour though haha, maybe ex has a use, but non ex definitely does not :p
Full screen unblockable setup in summoner?

Final chip out to end a round?

And I don't use park drone either. But it does have a use.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Wouldn't that leave you at disadvantage though?
As in negative? If done right it's safe vs all wake-ups IIRC. You lose your ability to oki with this set-up so you have to respect their wake-up options which isn't difficult considering a lot of people get frantic when that puddle hits the ground (block and punish accordingly), but you still get decent chip for the duration they spend in the acid.

And if you read the wake-up and punish with a B2 corner combo, you're looking at good damage. (B2 combos keep them closer to the ground so the acid can tick more vs F412).

Also worth noting that ending in 14 will let you safely activate gas in Noxious.