Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
So I set Kung Lao to reversal spin

Uninteruptible strings and normals Into blk+1

121,11,111,b332,f4,f2,22,b14,st.4

Interuptible

Everything else

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So I set Kung Lao to reversal spin

Uninteruptible strings and normals Into blk+1

121,11,111,b332,f4,f2,22,b14,st.4

Interuptible

Everything else
Interesting...but which hit of B332 and F4 are you talking about? They have two hits remember :p Of those normals/strings (except 4 because I haven't tested it yet) cancelled into park drone on block:
Safe - 11, 111
Unsafe - 121, F2, 22, B14

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Interesting...but which hit of B332 and F4 are you talking about? They have two hits remember :p Of those normals/strings (except 4 because I haven't tested it yet) cancelled into park drone on block:
Safe - 11, 111
Unsafe - 121, F2, 22, B14
Both hits off b332 work, first hit of f4

So it seems I have mistaken so apparently blk+1 can be cancelled safely from strings or normals that other drone calls can't

Last edited:

Youphemism

Both hits off b332 work, first hit of f4

So it seems I have mistaken so apparently blk+1 can be cancelled safely from strings or normals that other drone calls can't
Those were strings that are safe when cancelled into PARK drone, not drone CALL lol. Pretty much everything is unsafe if you cancel it into drone call :confused:

Then again now that I think about it our two things are kinda different. Yours measures strings cancelling into something that puts the opponent in more blockstun and will therefore be safer whereas mine is just a string cancelled into a move that doesn't put the opponent in blockstun and is therefore relying on purely the blockstun of the move being cancelled from.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Those were strings that are safe when cancelled into PARK drone, not drone CALL lol. Pretty much everything is unsafe if you cancel it into drone call :confused:

Then again now that I think about it our two things are kinda different. Yours measures strings cancelling into something that puts the opponent in more blockstun and will therefore be safer whereas mine is just a string cancelled into a move that doesn't put the opponent in blockstun and is therefore relying on purely the blockstun of the move being cancelled from.
Sorry for not being clear what I mean is for example if I do f2 homing missile or kamikaze you can armor in between but if I do f2 blk+1 you can't , it was that case with other strings as well

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
The homing missile will stop them from trying to get away so you can even go in for another 50/50 after.
You could do what /i talked about in the guide with the 'pseudo infinite' it isn't really that but i didn't know what else to call it... :p
b14 Bl+2 ff b332 Bl+2 ff b332 ... the homing missile chasing then should scare them enough not to try and press a button at risk of being tagged by the missile and if they are they're grouded and you can choose to zone or continue pressure.
This only works once the opponent has learned to respect the missile, which many players don't because they haven't played the match up much if at all.
It's also a 50/50 so if the b332 does hit then confirm into a full combo.

If you preferred you could run in with a 11 or 121, both are +2 on block and go for a throw or mix up after.
I like to do 121, d3~bl+1/4 for the mix up.bl+1 being +3 on block allows another d3 and bl+4 being +35 allows a run into any string for a true block string.

Those are just a few options, hope this helped :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have a question, kinda new to SF sonya here, never actually got input from other sonya players.

I constantly find myself in the need of having the drone out, so its kinda hard to let go because of the easy combo extension and the meterless damage itself.

My question is: In order to not sacrifice damage summoning a drone after a combo, do you guys ALWAYS end your BnBs with 2134?

colby4898

Oops I meant BLCK+1 and can t they simply poke out of the BLCK+2 pressure or jump
block+1 is +3 on block so you can do a d3 or 11/121.

They can jump, but theyll get hit by the missile and you may be able to confirm into f2 leg grab.
If they poke they could get hit as well, but even if they manage to poke you, and block the missile that still leaves you at + and allows you to continue pressure.

colby4898

I have a question, kinda new to SF sonya here, never actually got input from other sonya players.

I constantly find myself in the need of having the drone out, so its kinda hard to let go because of the easy combo extension and the meterless damage itself.

My question is: In order to not sacrifice damage summoning a drone after a combo, do you guys ALWAYS end your BnBs with 2134?
Yes, every combo I end with a 2134 drone call. If its midscreen i will usually do 2134 drone call Block+2.

Youphemism

Well well well we meet again Wangmeister :DOGE

Yeah pretty much. 2134 gives long enough of a splat (it's not a hkd even though it looks like it) for you to get a free drone call. BUT if you manage to land a B33 then hitconfirm into B33212 as B33212 on hit guarantees a free drone call as it's +43 and drone call is 41 frames. You can sometimes gimmick your way out with any string on hit into drone call but if the opponent knows what they're doing then they'll punish you for it (but they probably won't because most people don't lab anything). However I did just calculate all the frame data for SF Sonya when cancelling moves into drone call and drone park on hit and on block if you want to have a look: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/drone-call-park-drone-cancel-frame-data.57191/ :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, based on your feeds, 121~DC has an ender its not a safe Drone Call? Or it is, but sacrifices too much damage?

Youphemism

So, based on your feeds, 121~DC has an ender its not a safe Drone Call? Or it is, but sacrifices too much damage?
If you use 121~DC as an ender in a juggle then you are open to being punished by some characters. If you can land a 121 though you can usually land a 2134 and you may as well go for that since it has a longer knockdown. I don't know if you'd be sacrificing that much damage but you can make it back up with BLK+2 and BF2 chip anyway :p

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
2134 is best option midscreen hands down ,corner gives u less time but u can still get out a drone but I tend to throw in 22 drone call to keep them on their toes

After mb arch kick I almost always drone call and njk ppl tend to delay wake-up a lot you just have to make a guess

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
2134 is best option midscreen hands down ,corner gives u less time but u can still get out a drone but I tend to throw in 22 drone call to keep them on their toes

After mb arch kick I almost always drone call and njk ppl tend to delay wake-up a lot you just have to make a guess
The only strings I really like to cancel into drone call or b14 or 111 since 11, and 121 leaves them kind of close to you but the best option would b to do 112 since its a safe drone call but leaves them far away

I also tend to do d4 drone call it's all basically reads you have to make since you can get punished if they block

Also mb pump shot or whatever that projectile is also very good since it knocks down to get out drone

colby4898

I posted a video in the OP showing some setups you can do in the corner against wake-up attacks.

colby4898

I've made a few changes to OP.
I've added some more optimal combos and colour coordinated combos based on ease of execution.
I've added a paragraph under 'b14 pressure' stating how it is not as hard to confirm b14 into a drone special as I once thought due to me simply practicing a bit more and it really isn't that difficult at al... lol @Ninequads93
Added a little bit under on how to activate drone safely but nothing I'm sure you didn't already know.
I also added a hard to blockable section, there is only one set up there at the moment though :(

Last edited:

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I've made a few changes to OP.
I've added some more optimal combos and colour coordinated combos based on ease of execution.
I've added a paragraph under 'b14 pressure' stating how it is not as hard to confirm b14 into a drone special as I once thought due to me simply practicing a bit more and it really isn't that difficult at al... lol @Ninequads93
Added a little bit under on how to activate drone safely but nothing I'm sure you didn't already know.
I also added a hard to blockable section, there is only one set up there at the moment though :(
NOICE!!!! Glad to hear , and appreciate all the hard work you've done I got some hardblockable setups I can post later