What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

HAMMER

Noob
All I did for the head glitch was hold X as soon as I started the Krypt.

Then I turned the camera/angle of the character with my left hand and used my right hand to run toward the heads all while still holding X. I held X all the way until it chimed the sequence of the head being planted on the spear.

It never failed.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
So.......I found something of a secondary glitch to this one. If you enter the krypt holding down the X button and go over to the gate blocking you from the Kabal chest across the Pit, you will automatically unlock the gate. Now, it will immediately tell you there's been an error contacting the server, but if you let the gate animation play out before pressing X and being forced back to the main menu, you'll get 2,000 koins and 50 soul fragments. Once you re-enter the krypt, the gate has been reset to locked, and you can repeat the process, gaining a free 2,000 koins and 50 soul fragments over....and over...and over again.

Each time you get kicked to the main menu, it'll show that koins and soul fragments have been added to your total each time. :confused:
Tested it. It works. Just do the Impaled Heads glitch on that very door across the Pit, but WAIT till the 2000 koins and the 50 Souls icons pop up before you quit the game.

kevkopdx

Noob
Tried that. This one is a hardass glitch. Tried doing the Impaled Heads glitch to it, but didn't work. Did read that you need to mess around with the camera angle to make it work. I cannot do that.

Will try the other glitch.
I did this on the left side after accidentally opening the green one on the right. What I did was position myself between the puzzle and green switch, if you move towards the puzzle the “locked” sign comes up, if you move back the button for activating the green chest comes up, there’s a small dead spot in between where neither do, I stood there and just barely walked forward and back between the activations while tapping the button to trigger it

Kratilim

Noob
Here's a bit of math that might convince some of you to use the glitch. You need to do 1250 fatalities, fights can take up to 2 minutes. Lets make it 1.5 as a kind of average. Thats 1875 minutes of winning you need to do plus about 10 seconds per fatality gets you 2000 minutes, or about 33 hours. Assuming you win every fight and its back to back fighting, and you only get to fight each character exactly 50 times. So yeah... You CAN do this naturally, but it'll take a shit ton of time. Keep in mind that each fight you lose, use a brutality, fck up the fatality or play online will make it take longer. Happy grinding!

Here's a bit of math that might convince some of you to use the glitch. You need to do 1250 fatalities, fights can take up to 2 minutes. Lets make it 1.5 as a kind of average. Thats 1875 minutes of winning you need to do plus about 10 seconds per fatality gets you 2000 minutes, or about 33 hours. Assuming you win every fight and its back to back fighting, and you only get to fight each character exactly 50 times. So yeah... You CAN do this naturally, but it'll take a shit ton of time. Keep in mind that each fight you lose, use a brutality, fck up the fatality or play online will make it take longer. Happy grinding!
or just play ToT regularly and get it without any grind or glitch.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Just a moment ago there was a Tower of Time about Cetrion and she was the sole boss in one of the towers. I grinded a couple of fatalities there, I hope they counted.

But right now I'm really considering the glitch.

Thingy

Retired account
This totally seems like a "find me if you can" glitch/cheat code that NRS has set up. Mortal Kombat games of the distant past have had cheat codes, and the "head glitch" just seems like a modern day version of cheat codes. I doubt thousands of players have to worry about a ban for a mistake (allegedly) that the devs made. By all means, use this "glitch"/cheat code....it will safe you hours upon hours.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder if they'll patch this now lol. What exactly does this glitch give you with the heads anyway?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I wonder if they'll patch this now lol. What exactly does this glitch give you with the heads anyway?
You need the heads to access the rest of the krypt. That's literally 24+hrs straight grinding. There are also gear, skins, and intro rewards too.

To access the part of the krypt you need 11150 souls. That took me 3 days.

The grind is absurd and if you dont do it you can't progress through the krypt

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You need the heads to access the rest of the krypt. That's literally 24+hrs straight grinding. There are also gear, skins, and intro rewards too.

To access the part of the krypt you need 11150 souls. That took me 3 days.

The grind is absurd and if you dont do it you can't progress through the krypt
Oh wow, I see. Well that sucks lol. I miss MK 9's krypt lol

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
Yet they took a great thing and literally destroyed it with grind... and if not to make the game Pay2Win, then WHY?! That's the bit that really does not make sense.

To keep players invested for a long time. Nowadays the general misconception is that every game is supposed to last you months or years by making everything a grind, see every "game as a service" that came out in the last years (and failed).
Being a "good game" is not enough anymore, it has to be an insane slog with locked content, loot boxes and mtxs. Everyone knows it's bullshit but until things like GTAOnline happens every publisher will try to get on the bandwagon.

Now with this game they knew that pushing mtxs upfront would result in an uproar, so they basically made a looter shooter system with no meaningful mtxs in place hoping to entice players to play for months unlocking stuff while they could start releasing DLC and make more money. And I don't think it would have been too surprising if, have things went differently, few months from now mtx started to become more substantial.

They didn't undestand that players, especially in a fighting game, don't need to be enticed with this bullshit to play if your gameplay is good. People are still playing Super Turbo after 30 years. Instead we're here in 2019 letting an AI grind single players towers to unlock a single piece of cosmetic stuff because it's to boring to do so ourselves.

Kratilim

Noob
This stuff has hit popular game media now.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-02-mortal-kombat-11-players-are-beating-the-grind-using-exploits-ai-noob-saibot-and-button-pressing-machines

A friend of mine reminded me of the Destiny loot cave, a similar exploit kind of situation where all they did was to fix it. As far as I can remember they didn't ban or punish anyone. If WB or NRS punishes ppl now, they risk getting even more sh*t over them than they already have. I'm going to guess they'll patch it and thats the end of it as contrary to Destiny, MK11's stuff is only cosmetic and has no effect on gameplay at all. Banning over this would be ridiculous and a very bad move imo.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I got Sonya's Kisses outro and Cassie's big gulp intro, which you know, getting to Shang Tsung's throne room was the only way to get them and the grind would have been insane so I'm glad I did it. I wanted to do it the old fashioned way but also...shiny rewards. Also, if you think about it, how the heck do people find those? Like who thinks 'Oh I'm gonna hold 3 and see what happens?' someone was tipped off yo.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
It be funny if they patch this out and somehow are able to re-lock the heads and cosmetics we didn’t “earn”

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I did it... I did all of them. I- I feel dirt- amazing! Badass intros and outros!

Now that that's out of the way, I can just play ranked and get 1300 koins a match just by playing and will eventually unlock all the chests in the throne room! XD

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I did it... I did all of them. I- I feel dirt- amazing! Badass intros and outros!

Now that that's out of the way, I can just play ranked and get 1300 koins a match just by playing and will eventually unlock all the chests in the throne room! XD
Isn't banning still in the air though?