What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Primativ

Noob
This is the nail in the coffin! Now lets all stop worrying and get some head!

YOU GET SOME HEAD!
YOU GET SOME HEAD!
EVERYBODY GET SOME HEEEEEEEEEEAD!
Did he delete that response, Cuz I found the conversation on Twitter just now and it's not there

HAMMER

Noob
Are people really worrying about bans?! Lol
It's the American way.

Police in most countries are afraid of their populace; in America the populace is afraid of the police/government.

Americans = hostages of corporations / government mentally.

I dare NRS to ban us for doing this shit. The requirements for the heads were outrageous.

I've been doing the Gauntlets mostly. I like the "themes;" but, I hate the stupid modifiers.

They could've at least did it like the Geras fight and give each character you fight a different property like "more health" or "Freeze Ball does (increased) damage if you are hit by it." Instead of these stupid modifiers they've been doing since MK9.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
People are really snitching about it on Twitter tho, why would you tag Ed boon and the QA guy like wtf they aren't going to give you brownie points
It baffles me that people try to incorporate a "Moral compass" to a an in-game gltich..... :DOGE

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It's the American way.
I'm from Denmark. And I made this thread. The reasoning behind it was to make sure people knew there could potentially be consequences for using this exploit, this bug, to unlock stuff in the Krypt. Because I don't want people to get banned for something like his, but what they do with it is their own choice.

A dev then openly states he did the same thing, so now I'm not really worried anymore. :p

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
To keep it all the way live, to me the grind in this game to get items is everything BAD Injustice 2 was x10. I love grinding to work for my items, BUT what NRS fucked up was taking people away from the modes that meant the most....and thats ONLINE! You don't get shit from Ranked matches. A couple of coins here n there but thats how I learn to grind EXPERIENCE not to grind stupid ass random towers that made me quit Injustice in the first place.

You shouldn't penalize people who want to gain experience getting good by learning matchups. NRS should have made way to make items also available by playing Ranked mode or even Casuals. Now if I want to make my character look fly, I have to play a ridiculous amount of time on fodder shit. Its dumb. And THATS why I took advantage of this glitch. Whoop there it is.
I agree. The towers being the only way to do this... that’s just dumb. For online players, the towers are a terrible place. They force you to develop bad habits that will get you killed online.

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
Is there anything else you have to do besides hold 3 and stand in front of the chest you want to unlock? I’ve tried this glitch multiple times and it won’t work.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
While 50 is quite an absurd number for the rewards, I feel like this grind would be much more acceptable if there was an in-game way to see your progress. Like just have all of the totals above the heads. 17/50 or whatever. Grind progress is more rewarding when you can monitor it.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I agree. The towers being the only way to do this... that’s just dumb. For online players, the towers are a terrible place. They force you to develop bad habits that will get you killed online.
This is exactly why I'm a-ok with any workarounds for the content grind. I played the story on release night and that's literally ALL the single player I'll be doing aside from labbing. I have 0 interest in playing MK as a single player game so a vast majority of the content being locked behind ToT either directly through drops or indirectly through farming infuriates me.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
While 50 is quite an absurd number for the rewards, I feel like this grind would be much more acceptable if there was an in-game way to see your progress. Like just have all of the totals above the heads. 17/50 or whatever. Grind progress is more rewarding when you can monitor it.

As almost everything about the customization unlocks, I get what they were going for but they went after it in the worst way possible. If it was just 25 fatalities per character (across all modes) it would still be a big grind but still manageble.

I get the the whole point of this game was "let's try to keep people invested for months in any way possible" because that's the philosopy of the industry in this day and age, but locking cosmetic stuff behind insane single player grinds in a fighting game is absurd.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
As almost everything about the customization unlocks, I get what they were going for but they went after it in the worst way possible. If it was just 25 fatalities per character (across all modes) it would still be a big grind but still manageble.

I get the the whole point of this game was "let's try to keep people invested for months in any way possible" because that's the philosopy of the industry in this day and age, but locking cosmetic stuff behind insane single player grinds in a fighting game is absurd.
I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

To reiterate: if it was 25 per character AND counted fatalities in online modes, THEN it would be reasonable. That's still 650 fatalities that specifically have to be in batches of 25 per character, but at least it would make sense because it would be a slow progression for any and all players in all modes. As it is now, players like myself are completely excluded from getting a vast majority of unlocks in the game. What kind of ass backwards reasoning was thought up for this to be the case?

It's the American way.

Police in most countries are afraid of their populace; in America the populace is afraid of the police/government.

Americans = hostages of corporations / government mentally.

I dare NRS to ban us for doing this shit. The requirements for the heads were outrageous.

I've been doing the Gauntlets mostly. I like the "themes;" but, I hate the stupid modifiers.

They could've at least did it like the Geras fight and give each character you fight a different property like "more health" or "Freeze Ball does (increased) damage if you are hit by it." Instead of these stupid modifiers they've been doing since MK9.
Probably the dumbest comment I've ever read on a forum.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I made it into the top 2% for ToT last week and I have purchased about 90% of the Krypt legitimately, and I've refilled it twice.

Fuck the grind.
Fuck the Kingsguard.
Fuck the king.
Same here. Couldn't believe they actually think 50k koins is a decent reward for being in the top 5%. If you're that high in the rankings you've already millions by then. Plus that ugly ass green Scorpion skin.