What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Gamer68

Fujin!
Can't do the Shinnok Amulet glitch because I've already gotten the Soul chests around the puzzle. Unless there is another way to do it, I don't think I'll be able to.

Kratilim

Noob
Can't do the Shinnok Amulet glitch because I've already gotten the Soul chests around the puzzle. Unless there is another way to do it, I don't think I'll be able to.
There actually is another way to do it. Look for one of my earlier posts in this thread.

Trevor

Noob
Will my parachute not open if I go skydiving?

Will I catch the herpo from that hooker?

Will NRS ban me for pressing X on my controller as long as I want to?

I can't stand people who play by the book without even bending the rules a little bit and they spend their lives freaked out over BS. This thread is a testament of that sheepish lifestyle lol.

In the spirit of Kano.....LIVE A LITTLE MATE!

JohnnyGotCaged

oops i shidded
I did the glitch, and have no regrets. The game is grindy as hell, it's not fun. This gains no tactical advantage in fights online/offline, so why would it be a bad situation? It's a glitch, not an exploit to completely fuck over the games code. They wrote it, it's their fault for that.

Personally, it's just unfun to do the thing you have to do to get all the heads. 1250 fatalities on each head. Not fun, very repetitive. Especially to progress in the Krypt.

Game is repetitive on it's goal to progress, and I'm not doing that. If they ban over this, expect them to lose half their playerbase. If they do that, expect a lot of fund-loss.

Afumba

Noob
Its understandable why so many people will use this and i dont think anyone who does should feel guilty at all.

I wont simply cuz i am already almost there without it and at this point i would just fck myself over.

Dont understand why people are argueing with Heavynorse about ban/krypt reset. Its a good thing that he points it out. Its very unlikely that they do something like that but its within their rights to do so.
And if against all odds they do do it a lot of people will defininitely cry about it being unfair or that they didnt know, which would both be wrong.

Trevor

Noob
I did the glitch, and have no regrets. The game is grindy as hell, it's not fun. This gains no tactical advantage in fights online/offline, so why would it be a bad situation? It's a glitch, not an exploit to completely fuck over the games code. They wrote it, it's their fault for that.

Personally, it's just unfun to do the thing you have to do to get all the heads. 1250 fatalities on each head. Not fun, very repetitive. Especially to progress in the Krypt.

Game is repetitive on it's goal to progress, and I'm not doing that. If they ban over this, expect them to lose half their playerbase. If they do that, expect a lot of fund-loss.
Not sure if half their player base, but there are youtube videos with thousands of comments saying they did it. So they would have to ban thousands and that would be a huge issue for them.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up

Yeah I was fine until I found out they put Cassie's mocha slurp in Shang's room. Fuck that. I dunno about losing half their player base but the next game to carry their name might not be a smashing success. They won't do anything about this though. At this point I'm not even sure they'll patch it. They'll probably just pretend like it doesn't exist since thousands are already doing it and one of their devs is on board with it too lol

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
1250 fatalities on each head
Nah that’s the total for all 25 heads. 50 for each.

But yeah it’s definitely way too much.

It’d be different if there was a constant drip-feed of progression. But the Krypt comes to a massive grinding halt when you reach that point. All chests opened, dozens (hundreds?) of 100-soul caches remaining... but you also need 10,000 of those soul fragments to proceed to the next room, and 1,250 fatalities (in single-player only) to proceed to the other. It’s just not good.

Sucks, because it’s a really cool idea. Just poorly executed. With the amount of frustration involved, it really feels rushed and untested, like not a single person actually sat down and tried to play the whole single-player side from scratch.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
I did it. I got all the heads.

My main realization after doing this is how insane it would have to be to grind that many Fatalities to get all of the heads. Each box only gives you one Skin, one Victory animation, a few Gear pieces. Oh, and the big progression rewards is unlocks to rooms where you are able to spend more currency aka you have to grind more. Yay.

If I get banned because of this I would be fucking pissed and not even interested in playing anymore.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
This whole thing is a shitshow. And it's pretty clear that this idea came from some board in WB Games, there's no way a game developer who knows what he's doing would do something like this.

The amount of awkward and stupid decisions they took for this system is baffling.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Well it looks like this thing has blown up. Now thousands upon thousands of people have seen and/or done this. Every MK group I’m in, all the major forums, YouTube, Twitter, etc... it’s out there. Everywhere.

At this point I think their best bet is to silently patch it, and just never mention it at all. Or at most, simply list it as a bug fix in the patch notes. With their current negative public image, if they decide to punish thousands and thousands of players for a non-game-breaking, no-gameplay-advantage glitch, they’ll never recover from the backlash. Ever. Even if the punishment is simply removing any items that weren’t rightfully earned, that still might cause too much backlash.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
They really don't.

There's only 4 tours unless you spend currency(not to mention you have to grind even more past that) or get lucky in the Krypt. Only two of them change multiple times in a single day, and the one that changes the most frequently lasts 2 hours.

Injustice 2 had far more variety and choices, plus there was actual replayability in most of them since you'd almost always get loot boxes or gear for characters.
yea it was much better

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Not trying to insult you, my man. The general toxicity surrounding this game is just starting to get to me. Like I said, I definitely agree on some points. Believe me, I shat on them hard regarding the bullshit Towers of Time at launch. Along with the things I mentioned above (not gonna let go regarding the soul fragments). But I also feel like a lot of it is blown way out of proportion. The lootbox fiasco that turned out to be wrong. The microtransactions fiasco that turned out to be wrong. Etc etc. The gameplay itself is amazing. But the grind definitely needs to be toned down.
At least you see WHERE a lot of the negativity is coming from. I mean... you can't honestly tell me that IF the game had launched w/ every cosmetic/gear unlocked from the get go and no MTX, no grind.. ppl could just have fun showing their individuality online off the get go and just play matches that the game would not have been praised to the heavens.

Yet they took a great thing and literally destroyed it with grind... and if not to make the game Pay2Win, then WHY?! That's the bit that really does not make sense.

Well it looks like this thing has blown up. Now thousands upon thousands of people have seen and/or done this. Every MK group I’m in, all the major forums, YouTube, Twitter, etc... it’s out there. Everywhere.

At this point I think their best bet is to silently patch it, and just never mention it at all. Or at most, simply list it as a bug fix in the patch notes. With their current negative public image, if they decide to punish thousands and thousands of players for a non-game-breaking, no-gameplay-advantage glitch, they’ll never recover from the backlash. Ever. Even if the punishment is simply removing any items that weren’t rightfully earned, that still might cause too much backlash.
Lets see if they're stupid enough to try to punish PC players for using the 60fps mod too. There is not a single PC user out there who isn't using that.