What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Fuck it, I'm doing it. If I get banned, at least I'll be in good company lol
Why would you get banned ? It's NRS' fault if their game is broken. You didn't hack the game, changed the files to get an advantage on other players online. You played the game, nothing more.
And if the grind wasn't so tedious, maybe people would play it the fair way.

An infinite combo glitch is NRS' fault too, and nobody will get banned for using it online.

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
I really want to do this for The Warrior's Ferocious Blades (Baraka's arm blades) but I'm worried that I'll get banned. I think I might just wait until an NRS dev says something.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Nah, fuck it. Just go all in. I'm posting it around to the masses as well.

Maybe if they spent less time coding this tedious ass trash they did in this game, they would have managed to not have things like this inside it.

Oh well. Too god damn bad. I don't feel bad for this at all. And go ahead and try to ban people for this. The masses who are already doing it.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Yeah the more people that do it before it gets patched the better. I'm spreading the word.

Maybe if they spent less time coding this tedious ass trash they did in this game, they would have managed to not have things like this inside it.

Oh well. Too god damn bad. I don't feel bad for this at all. And go ahead and try to ban people for this. The masses who are already doing it.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I’m torn by this, but I think I will do it as well. I’m sorry but the grinding is ridiculous.

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts

If they ban people for this, it might cause an uprising around the same size or even bigger than the one at launch.

I wouldn't do it if I could at least know how many fatalities I still need to perform. It's 1250 fatalities. I tried to get cassie cage's head and I got so bored seeing kitana kill her again and again and again. And I know if you play the game eventually you can get all the heads, but... I like to play online and people were saying the fatalities online don't count. Like I mentioned before, if we could at least know the number....

And then we have character towers. 75 fatalities and 75 brutalities for EACH CHARACTER. And you need to buy the tower (2 times) to get to the second stage. So. Many. Fatalities.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
yall should play the game normally, PATIENCE. not risk being banned! this was not ment too be a grind but something you earn by playing !
Nah chief, I'm sorry. I have patience, but a few things.

1. This shit ain't my only game. Lol. I barely play games much any more even on my days off as is. Cause I got my athletic shit I like to do and other nerdy stuff. So, time is already limited.

2. And on the time I choose to spend in this game, I already have a ton I have to go through to unlock. Don't even stress. We still have the other random Krypt shit, the Towers Of Time shit, and other good shit to be delievered.

Me getting that one or two kosmetics isn't going to change a damn thing.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Well, I did it. Got the skins for the characters I wanted at this moment.

First off, they weren't all that.

Secondly.

Oh well.

I normally hate exploiting games but this grind in a fighting game is bonkers. This ain't a RPG. I don't play RPG's for that reason. Fuck. Outta. Here.

Yeah, it's their discretion, but even then I'm still willing to take the risk.

it's x on ps4. Make sure that you hold it as soon as you click on "krypt." You don't need to stand in front of it until you enter the krypt while holding X. Keep it pressed the whole time.
I am doing in but nothing

Again for dumb ones
I go to one of the heads
Back to main menu
Selecting krsot and holding x all the time. Running to the head I selected.
And that what? Will it auto activate or should I stop pressing X?

Tried both but nothing

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
No lies told.

-They made it ridiculously grindy.

-Not our fault the exploit is there. (Imagine accidentally stumbling upon this and then getting your account banned and you didn't even mean to. Or you only did it once to see if it worked. But you get banned.)

I might understand a ban if this stuff required koins or currency. But, I personally didn't exploit anything besides the shrine heads which you can get for free. Everything I bought in Shang Tsung's throne room I bought with koins I earned through grinding.

They're already in a shit storm as is. I just really doubt they'd put themselves through another ringer banning a bunch of people over this when it's essentially harmless. I mean, it's literally just a bunch of cosmetic shit I really don't see the purpose.

"Hey! You didn't spend months grinding like we wanted you to!"

Lemme tell you how much fun I had grinding for the Cetrion head.

None. Whether it just takes a couple hours or not that shit isn't fun. It's just doing the same shit over and over. At least the ToT modifers spice stuff up.

And it's not fun wanting to run around and unlock everything in the Krypt knowing that to get a portion of the stuff you know you want, you gotta get those heads. It's not like now that I got that shit I'm gonna play the game less. Fuck that noise.

Even if I unlocked everything from the Krypt there's still Towers of Time, A.I. Battles, and my niece and nephew come over all the time and they love to play. Banning people for doing that is just gonna make them look messy tbh.
A lot of ppl who fear reprisal over this are probably thinking of literal MMO's and crap like Overwatch. Yeah, bug exploiting is a guaranteed ban in those type of games as everything you do affects others.

Banned from SINGLEPLAYER content though? It would define absolute new lows and the lows are already at a level where the Netherrealm itself would get claustophobia down there.

But is this considered and exploit or glitch. An exploit would be modifying the games code throw software or modding your hardware to achieve something in the game. This isnt hacking or modding the code. This is literally the code they wrote for the game.

This is no different than finding an infinite combo and using it on people in online matches. Its their code, so how can they ban people for doing something that is naturally in the game. They can patch it out but if they ban people for their fuck up they are going to catch hell from all sides.
On an absolute ass technicality, using the 60fps mod is also illegal/against their EULA.

In reality if they actually wanted to enforce it, they won't have a single player left on PC... they'd have to literally ban pretty much the entire playerbase.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I am doing in but nothing

Again for dumb ones
I go to one of the heads
Back to main menu
Selecting krsot and holding x all the time. Running to the head I selected.
And that what? Will it auto activate or should I stop pressing X?

Tried both but nothing
Do you already have a head impaled? I had two before I used the glitch, and it worked for me. But it sounds like you're doing it right. When you go to the main menu then go to and click on Krypt you hold X the entire time (this is for Ps4 whatever the affirmative action button is on Xbox I think it is A) and then you go the head and it should automatically impale. Then you let go of X.

Big Frog

Noob
It seems to work more consistently if you press 3 to select Krypt, let go, and press and hold 3 right after. Holding 3 until you walk up to where you place the heads. It will place the head automatically when you walk up.

Do you already have a head impaled? I had two before I used the glitch, and it worked for me. But it sounds like you're doing it right. When you go to the main menu then go to and click on Krypt you hold X the entire time (this is for Ps4 whatever the affirmative action button is on Xbox I think it is A) and then you go the head and it should automatically impale. Then you let go of X.
Well it's working now so I made something wrong

Has someone tested the glitch for other stuff like chests or locked doors?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Think about it this way...

You paid for the game, and that content is already yours. They have a bug that we can exploit to more quickly get to our content that again, we already paid for.

What right do they have to ban us? We can't sell the content, and it gives us no advantage over another player. What possible reason would they have? The only reason would be that it somehow hits them right in the wallet. Does anyone know if you can outright buy the content in those chests with real money? If you can...Then you know why they would ban you. If that's the case, it's truly fucking terrible if you catch a ban for this. It would be a disgusting move by NRS.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Oh, don't know if this is known... but I just did 50 Fatalities on Jade and it popped up on the screen that I got Jade's Severed Head as an item. So at least the game tells you when you've done the 50 Fatalities, so you don't have to keep count. :p