What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Guys, you can try and justify using the exploit all you want.
But if the TOS that YOU agreed to when you first started the game says you aren't allowed to use such exploits and what not, then it is all within their right to ban you.

It sucks! But that's why I warned you about it.
"In using the Game you also agree not to:

• use exploits or cheats to gain and unfair advantage."
That's all the Terms of Service says about that. It's an exploit yes, but there's no unfair advantage. As everything you get in the Krypt is purely cosmetic and only affects single player. Unless in some stupid way they assume that could count as an unfair advantage. It's all a bunch of costume pieces and aesthetics. Unless they consider this 'hacking the game'. Which, I don't think it could be counted as hacking considering it's in the game already and all I did was hold a button.

Guys, you can try and justify using the exploit all you want.
But if the TOS that YOU agreed to when you first started the game says you aren't allowed to use such exploits and what not, then it is all within their right to ban you.

It sucks! But that's why I warned you about it.
But is this considered and exploit or glitch. An exploit would be modifying the games code throw software or modding your hardware to achieve something in the game. This isnt hacking or modding the code. This is literally the code they wrote for the game.

This is no different than finding an infinite combo and using it on people in online matches. Its their code, so how can they ban people for doing something that is naturally in the game. They can patch it out but if they ban people for their fuck up they are going to catch hell from all sides.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
"In using the Game you also agree not to:

• use exploits or cheats to gain and unfair advantage."
That's all the Terms of Service says about that. It's an exploit yes, but there's no unfair advantage. As everything you get in the Krypt is purely cosmetic and only affects single player. Unless in some stupid way they assume that could count as an unfair advantage. It's all a bunch of costume pieces and aesthetics. Unless they consider this 'hacking the game'. Which, I don't think it could be counted as hacking considering it's in the game already and all I did was hold a button.
Let's hope WB sees it that way as well.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
My question, if you use this exploit, what happens when you actually receive the head legitimately?

It could fuck up the game right?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm absolutely doing this when I get home later. I don't care. There's still plenty to unlock aside from this small part of the Krypt.

Is there anywhere to even check on the progress of this anyway? As in, how many times have I done a Fatality on Sonya.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm absolutely doing this when I get home later. I don't care. There's still plenty to unlock aside from this small part of the Krypt.

Is there anywhere to even check on the progress of this anyway? As in, how many times have I done a Fatality on Sonya.
There is no way to check

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
My question, if you use this exploit, what happens when you actually receive the head legitimately?

It could fuck up the game right?
I mean, you might just get a notification saying you got it, but you just don't have to put it on the shrine.

Or, it could reset the Krypt or something major. Or reset Shang Tsung's throne room at least. Or if you get one it'll reset all of the heads you got with the exploit.

Or doing the exploit negates the whole challenge and it just counts as getting it so you don't gotta worry. Idk. We'll find out.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Shamelessly, I did it. And you know what? I’d do it again.

Also i care about the intros, skins, and etc because I don’t wanna see the same one over and over and over again.

I do think you might need to have had on previously, I tried it on the 10,000 soul tree and it didn’t work there so just heads i think.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Hmmm. How exactly would NRS find out if people have used this exploit? Can they really single out individual exploiters?
I'm having my doubts. They would have to figure out how got all the heads in an impossibly short amount of time or something like that. But I reeeaaally don't think that they have code in place for something like that, since the online pretty much switched off once you ran out of souls or something. That's a huge oversight on their part, which needed fixing. So when they didn't consider that, why would they have considered the fatality thingy?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Hmmm. How exactly would NRS find out if people have used this exploit? Can they really single out individual exploiters?
I'm having my doubts. They would have to figure out how got all the heads in an impossibly short amount of time or something like that. But I reeeaaally don't think that they have code in place for something like that, since the online pretty much switched off once you ran out of souls or something. That's a huge oversight on their part, which needed fixing. So when they didn't consider that, why would they have considered the fatality thingy?
They'd check to see how many fatalities you've performed against characters you have heads for. If you have a head but not the required fatalities they could flag that.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Everyday NRS uses plenty of sites to see peoples feedback and what they have to say about the game. So i'm confident that they are gonna fix this glitch.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Yes. Because the modes are online connected, they can see every single thing you're doing in there. If they run an algorithm to show everyone who opened the head chests without having 50 fatalities done on those characters, they just need to pull a switch to ban those people.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Thing is, that doesn't matter. What you think is fair is irrelevant when you've agreed to a TOS that says otherwise. It depends on how WB is going to handle this.
Yeah, it's their discretion, but even then I'm still willing to take the risk.

It's not working for me

Or what is 3 on ps4
it's x on ps4. Make sure that you hold it as soon as you click on "krypt." You don't need to stand in front of it until you enter the krypt while holding X. Keep it pressed the whole time.