What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Ugh. I did this after finding it on youtube JUST for my remaining shrine heads (already had like 10 grinded out) thinking it was a damn Midway-esque easter egg. These are the same guys that inserted a secret boss fight against Reptile for getting double flawless at the pit in MK1 while something flies across the moon. If they ban or even profile wipe over this I will be legitiately incensed and probably done with the game. Grinded for days at a time to get where I'm at. One mistake that NRS left in their own game and if I get banned or lose ALL the stuff I've stood up til 4am grinding for I think I'm through.

The more I think about it do you think they'll honestly punish the players for their mistake? This is literally unannounced in their base game in a vacuum. Players that use a turbo controller to farm currency on towers are tampering more than this imo considering they're using outside devices.

The more I think about it do you think they'll honestly punish the players for their mistake? This is literally unannounced in their base game in a vacuum. Players that use a turbo controller to farm currency on towers are tampering more than this imo considering they're using outside devices.
Like I said , they don’t tell you how to even unlock the heads in the first place. So what will be their excuse ? “ I know we didn’t tell you how to unlock the heads in game, but you weren’t supposed to do it that way so your banned.”

You can’t punish people for an exploit if you don’t tell them there’s an exploit. The way MK has always been, for all people know, this is the way you are supposed to do it.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I decided to do it normally. Just because I’m enjoying the krypt so much. It’s a shame to sour it with such a shitty economy and loot management. It could have been perfect, they nailed it. I just want to download Shang already lol. I’m throwing money at you, why the screwball tactics? It’s like a backhanded compliment. Fan service with a fuck you.

I’m disappointed they would say it’s always online because they couldn’t trust their fan base to play by their shitty rules. And by the look of this thread they were right. It doesn’t make what they did right though. At launch the servers were screwy so I couldn’t even do tutorials and save my progress. You can’t trust that I did the fucking tutorial?

That’s not “negativity” just my honest opinion. I’m playing it the right way because I’m going to be playing for a long time anyway. I still don’t like that aspect of it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The Shao Kahn chest in Shang'a final door had Kabal stuff. Why did they make his shit so hard to get?

First you have to spend souls to repair the bridge, then you have to go through this insane grindfest to get his other unlocks

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Why are you shilling so hard?
That would imply that I am apologetic on NRS/WB' behalf about this shit. I'm not. I am not okay with the current state of the game.

No, what I've been doing is offer facts and information. I've been informing people of stuff that might happen. I have not once said that it was okay!

Stuff like this should be kept hidden
No, people should be informed about these things and consider what consequences that might happen to them should they make use of this exploit! I personally believe that it is much better to be informed and make a decision based on that information, than just staying ignorant and suddenly stumble upon something that might get you banned from playing the game.

Secrets out. Now delete this. Hide the tech
Not going to do that. Sorry.

HAMMER

Noob
I want to tsee this happen TBH. The blow up and resulting PR nightmare for them will be absolutely glorious and worth the price of the final game I EVER buy from WB.
Same. Do it Ed, show everyone how tough you are!!

Remember when Ed Boon stated: "If you ever leak my game again I'll have you leaking."

Let's see if Ed Boon can stand behind his words!!

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Same. Do it Ed, show everyone how tough you are!!

Remember when Ed Boon stated: "If you ever leak my game again I'll have you leaking."

Let's see if Ed Boon can stand behind his words!!
Boon doesn't even have the balls to TELL THE TRUTH half the time what makes you think he'll act tough? Hah!

I just did an exploit on accident. I was trying to put Geras' head on his spike, but I moved too far left and that somehow prompted Raiden's head being placed on his spike. I checked my inventory and I don't have Raiden's head.
Were you pressing 3 all the time inside the krypt or the glitch was kinda random?

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
i doubt anyone is getting banned. its just a bug and cosmetics. it will get hotfixed and swept under the rug

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Did they ban you guys in the past over a bug they didn't even test and hotfixed? Why should we get banned for something like that?

I bet that the hotfix will fix only this bug, but the lucky ones will keep these, and the rest will have to face the harsh reality of the grind. BTW, it works on the doors, as well.

They're walking on eggshells, so I doubt they would ban anyone over this.

Not doing it myself anyway. Don't see what the big deal is unless you're impatient to get into Shang's throne room. I'll have the fatals naturally done by the end of the week probably.