What's new

[UPDATE] Evolution 2013 Line-Up Decided & To Be Revealed January 8th, 2013 on WakeUpSRK!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I will be quite upset if MK gets side lined for Injustice. I know everyone is hype for that game, but what if it doesnt turn out that great or is horrendously broken....will we have ANOTHER NRS game getting patched into the ground, just so it doesnt look completely ridiculous for something like EVO.

I would rather they gave MK at least one more crack of the whip and see how Injustice does at majors this year. Let the game grow and let it go to EVO in 2014 I say.

I mean cmon, we all want to see if PL can make it three on the spin (or four, if you include his DOA win in 2010).
If MK makes it again, I may cry... not kidding. LBSH... we all know that the majority of the hype we've received in the last 2 years was a mainly due to EVO and MLG. All majors leading up to Evo 2012.. man, we've been working hard.

Flagg

Noob
If MK makes it again, I may cry... not kidding. LBSH... we all know that the majority of the hype we've received in the last 2 years was a mainly due to EVO and MLG. All majors leading up to Evo 2012.. man, we've been working hard.
It's true and MK at Evo 2013 will undoubtedly be the biggest tournie yet, but I sometimes wonder if MK was sort of rushed out for Evo 2011, which is why it was uber patched and why the DLC characters barely got touched (as they were banned). MK could easily have evolved entirely differently. I guess I dont want that to happen to Injustice. I would rather have the game we all know and love over a game that we dont know much about yet.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Most likely Tekken Tag will get in the line-up due to the over-seas competition it'll bring in.
^ this. Not even just with this game, but Persona too most likely. What about DOA? I mean, we're MK folk... how is the DOA crowd roaring?

it was the dumbass shirts
Well I hope they don't use that to gauge, KOFs viability, they should look at tournaments too, because that's not fair to other games, and I hope they're not stupid enough to not realize shirts had a deciding factor in KOFs EVO numbers.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
^ this. Not even just with this game, but Persona too most likely. What about DOA? I mean, we're MK folk... how is the DOA crowd roaring?
As i said before i don't wish to insult another community however, if I played DOA I would honestly be thinking of picking up a new game if I like Streams/tournaments etc... I mean LBSH!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It's true and MK at Evo 2013 will undoubtedly be the biggest tournie yet, but I sometimes wonder if MK was sort of rushed out for Evo 2011, which is why it was uber patched and why the DLC characters barely got touched (as they were banned). MK could easily have evolved entirely differently. I guess I dont want that to happen to Injustice. I would rather have the game we all know and love over a game that we dont know much about yet.
you seriously need to adjust your negativity

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If a predominant Capcom players such as Justin Wong genuinely feels that MK9 will make it, I don't doubt other Capcom players/TOs are sharing the same sentiment for MK as well.

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/286645216180588545

Lets fucking GO. MK9 EVO2k!
This kinda made my day... :)

However, people are not realizing that Injustice will be out in plenty of time for Evo. It's basically coming out around the same time MK9 came out. Plus, REMEMBER... every time Ed Boon talked about Injustice at game shows he ALWAYS mentioned the "Evo Guys".

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Most likely Tekken Tag will get in the line-up due to the over-seas competition it'll bring in.
Exactly. TTT2 is guaranteed for several reasons: T6 was there, TTT2 is a new game in a highly acclaimed and popular franchise, there's a lot of overseas competition from Europe and Asia.

I don't hold my breath for MK. Injustice in the other hand is a likely candidate because WB can throw in the necesary money to secure a spot.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Dunno why people on here would be championing an Injustice confirmation as some great victory for us, it would only fortify the fact that Warner Bros propaganda'd their way in with a completely new IP that nobody will know of it's overall nuance as a competitive fighting game for at least a year.

Besides the original Tekken Tag, how many non-Capcom games can claim to have made THREE consecutive appearances at EVO? MK9 should still be our primary hope first and foremost, especially considering the uncertainty regarding MK's future on a whole less than 3 years ago and looking how far we've come out of sheer community willpower.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
The DOA community is terrible. Go to FreeStepDodge. Too many of them seriously think online play is legitimate and that offline players are arrogant assholes. It makes me embarrassed to be a DOA player.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
i thought that too

mlg struggled to get 64, SB:A HAD less than 64 and FF had 16
Shiiiiiieeeet. Didnt know that... Well on the other hand it doesnt surprise me. The Koreans have been dominant in Tekken for some time now. And tbh with you the game needs patching asap on some characters (cough cough Mishimas, to name a few, cough cough)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The DOA community is terrible. Go to FreeStepDodge. Too many of them seriously think online play is legitimate and that offline players are arrogant assholes. It makes me embarrassed to be a DOA player.
That is a shame... however, it is potentially good for us. If MK makes it to 2013... we HAVE to bring in ETC Mcfly DoctrineDark Metzos @LaD Lurker and the UK guys again. :)