What's new

[UPDATE] Evolution 2013 Line-Up Decided & To Be Revealed January 8th, 2013 on WakeUpSRK!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
A few hours ago, the man who holds the most heavily guarded secret in the fighting game community was pulling a "Mr. Burns" when he tweeted that the 2013 Evolution line-up had been decided. Last year, if many of you recall, they had six games for Evolution 2012. With all of you going to tournaments on a daily or weekly basis, you know how the competition has been. The games are usually decided by their respective community support. Mortal Kombat has been going strong since 2011, however, since Mortal Kombat had the lowest number of entrants last year... is it at all possible that Mortal Kombat could go a third year considering how strong 2012 was for us? Anything is possible, but the other games we have to consider could very well put Mortal Kombat on the side-lines.
evo.png
However, Injustice: Gods Among Us... Evo 2013?​
evolineup.jpg
Now for the actual details. Mr Wizard announced via twitter that the line-up had been decided and that tomorrow there will be an announcement for when the games will be announced. In this case, they will release a date and time for us all to tune in to a stream and hear Mr. Wizard announce the games for Evolution 2013!

Update 1/3/13: Evolution line-up will be announced via WakeUpSrk on January 8th (likely starting at 7PM PST)

Source: MrWizardSRK

Attachments

GDI, read the article not the title!

Tomorrow there will be an announcement of when Mr. Wizard will announce the lineup! He's not announcing the actual lineup tomorrow, according to the article STORMS wrote.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
What do you guys realistically think the line-up will be?

SSFAESUPERULTRAOMEGAFALCONZERO 2013 Edition
UMVC3
Persona(?)
TTT2
KOF
Injustice

^ This look accurate? MK! Y_U_N_ON_LIST?

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I have my fingers crossed for MK. My guess is the obvious AE/Marvel/KOF/TTT2 and have a feeling Seth is going to pull some strings to get PS All-stars on there. Let's hope the last slot doesn't go to Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
STORMS

Have they indicated that they were only doing 6 games?

My list would look like this:

SSF4: AE
UMVC3
TTT2
Injustice
KOF
MK
Nope. Like I mention in the article... this is THE most heavily guarded secret. I asked MrWizard the slightest little questions before regarding it and he just laughs saying, "you're getting nothing out of me!"

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I hope MK9 makes ev0 2013. If it doesn't fine we still have VXG but LBSH. I hope to not see games that have had lower numbers of entrants then MK9 show up at evo. I don't want to hate or point my finger at other game communities and mean no offense BUT I am looking at Tekken Tag 2 and DOA.
I mean our community maxed out MLG and made them raise the cap & had over 100 players @ NEC. So by community support I think we should all be covered. I don't personally think because a "fighting game" comes out the yr before the current evo it should automatically be included. I also know thats not always the case.

BTW mad props to people who have been trying to get people out to all the 2011 events and those who run them. I won't attempt to name everyone due to the fact I would forget someone & insult them but we all know who you are and more importantly you know who YOU ARE. So evo 2013 or not it the way I see it everyone in this community that supports our scene did a great job in 2012 and EVO or not I hope to see the same thing this yr :).

Flagg

Noob
What do you guys realistically think the line-up will be?

SSFAESUPERULTRAOMEGAFALCONZERO 2013 Edition
UMVC3
Persona(?)
TTT2
KOF
Injustice

^ This look accurate? MK! Y_U_N_ON_LIST?
I will be quite upset if MK gets side lined for Injustice. I know everyone is hype for that game, but what if it doesnt turn out that great or is horrendously broken....will we have ANOTHER NRS game getting patched into the ground, just so it doesnt look completely ridiculous for something like EVO.

I would rather they gave MK at least one more crack of the whip and see how Injustice does at majors this year. Let the game grow and let it go to EVO in 2014 I say.

I mean cmon, we all want to see if PL can make it three on the spin (or four, if you include his DOA win in 2010).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
UMVC3
TTT2
Injustice
KOF
MK
Persona

This is my official list/guess based on tournament support and stability
I feel EVO will have 7 games this year

TTT2 DOES NOT deserve EVO as their numbers have been piss poor

Neither does KOF from recent #s

But what u guys don't know is it costs 20,000 to have your game at EVO and that's what decides it

UMVC3
TTT2
Injustice
KOF
MK

My list as well, honestly, if anything, MK or Injustice will be replaced with either SF x TK, P4A or SC5. A NRS game is making it in.

But, does anyone know what numbers were like for P4A? I heard it like died down? SF x TK might be in, due to the update, but Wizard posted on SRK it has no chance of making it or something.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
UMVC3
TTT2
Injustice
KOF
MK
Persona

You thought EXACTLY what i was thinking almost at the same minute in regards to TTT2.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
MK won't make it, but Injustice will. WB helped sponsor Evo last year and I'm sure the same is true this year. Evo is just another marketing tool for WB, and they aren't interesting in showcasing an old game like MK9 a third time.

Unless by some miracle MK9/Injustice secured 2 spots in the Evo lineup, in which case I'm not getting my hopes up. Sorry guys. I hope I'm totally wrong.

UMVC3
TTT2
Injustice
KOF
MK
Persona

So were KoFs though, but, KoF had really high numbers for EVO2k12, or was it due to free shirts, Lol.