What's new

[UPDATE] Evolution 2013 Line-Up Decided & To Be Revealed January 8th, 2013 on WakeUpSRK!

Vothsair

Noob
Apparently SCR is a EVO qualifier, and SF x TK isn't listed as one of the qualifying games.
Haha, it was dropped a while back because people weren't showing up to locals or tournaments. They made a big deal on why its important to show up for tournaments and locals if you want tournaments to consider a spot for the game.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
When did you form this opinion, exactly? I tried to talk to you about All Stars last Saturday and you said "man are you trying to talk about this like it's a real fighting game or something?" and then walked away mid conversation.
Just clowning, bro. Although I am really not sure yet what I think about it. Haven't played it, and haven't watched a full match of it, even.

Just clowning, bro. Although I am really not sure yet what I think about it. Haven't played it, and haven't watched a full match of it, even.
It's all good. If you wanted to watch some matches, they've had it at Wednesday Night Fights a few times lately, replacing UMVC3. A lot of the guys who made the game are from around that area so the level of competition is pretty good.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
We're excited and some members in neighboring states from our klan will go if they have MK9 this year. We got a countdown on our klan's homepage (EmperorRealm.com) until the reveal. Ya it's THAT serious! lolol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Jimmypotato STB CharlieMurphy STB TakeAChance is gr8one confirmed? or will he pussy out of this tournament, too?
yeah man.... Gr8one is confirmed for a tourney before the game he plays is announced....
you're really bad at this trolling thing.

In any case....
I think TTT2 is the base case of.... online is GOOD enough to keep players from actually going to tourneys. We are actually entering the age where...... the "why should I go to an offline tourney.... why can't they just make it online?"
Seriously.... just think about that scenario.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I would rather MK make it then Injustice,

Injustice is unprovan as a legit tourny game,

Give MK one last 3rd year, and see if Injustice can build a community strong enough to deserve to be there for 2014.

Justice

Noob
Jwong did at Toryuken and I don't know if he said that in anger.
The story behind JWong's popoff @ Toryuken had little to do about the game.

First, it was a top 8 match between JWong and w1nter warz. JWong lost and w1nter popped off on him. Gotta give w1nter some slack about that since JWong is a celebrity player and I do believe it's the first time they have faced off in any game. JWong's response was to the effect of "I don't understand why you guys get so hyped over this game". Then as he was walking up the aisle to play another game, one of the MK guys in the audience shouted "Yeah! Go back to Crapcom (or Capcom not entirely sure which)!" To which, JWong replied "Yeah? Come see me in Capcom and then we'll talk!" That pissed JWong off and he hit up Twitter soon after blasting w1nter but really didn't say much about MK at the time. k-frog talked to him later that night and smoothed things over a little. JWong said he was gonna pick a new main and take MK more seriously. I noticed however that he was at T13 and didn't play MK at all...

That's about all I know about JWong and Toryuken.

I would rather MK make it then Injustice,

Injustice is unprovan as a legit tourny game,

Give MK one last 3rd year, and see if Injustice can build a community strong enough to deserve to be there for 2014.
Mk was unproven as a tournament game in 2011 as well remember. I firmly believe that MK will be @ EVO simply because after a year and a half, our attendance numbers are going up. Not to mention the involvement of MLG and now VxG in our little game. In addition, I think last year's numbers were partly due to the EVO scheduling and the weird period where the casuals were leaving and the pros were getting stronger. Now that MK has been around so long, people are taking notice. Crappy games don't last a year and a half.

MK 4EVO! :cool:

I think PS All-Stars has a really good shot at being at EVO in some form since Sony is a major supporter and Sony is trying to push All-Stars as a serious fighter. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the main roster.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Mk was unproven as a tournament game in 2011 as well remember. I firmly believe that MK will be @ EVO simply because after a year and a half, our attendance numbers are going up. Not to mention the involvement of MLG and now VxG in our little game. In addition, I think last year's numbers were partly due to the EVO scheduling and the weird period where the casuals were leaving and the pros were getting stronger. Now that MK has been around so long, people are taking notice. Crappy games don't last a year and a half.

MK 4EVO! :cool:

I think PS All-Stars has a really good shot at being at EVO in some form since Sony is a major supporter and Sony is trying to push All-Stars as a serious fighter. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the main roster.
I haven't played that All-Stars fighter but I also haven't heard or seen much hype on it either, I'm actually not even sure if it's out lol, if that makes evo I would laugh,

No Mk was not a proven fighter, but the Name Mortal Kombat is a proven name that has been around almost as long as StreetFighter, so you know right off the bat people were going to at least be playing it from April to July.

Having a game with all DC characters and being a little bit different with the new things they have added will be a different story.

Justice

Noob
I haven't played that All-Stars fighter but I also haven't heard or seen much hype on it either, I'm actually not even sure if it's out lol, if that makes evo I would laugh,

No Mk was not a proven fighter, but the Name Mortal Kombat is a proven name that has been around almost as long as StreetFighter, so you know right off the bat people were going to at least be playing it from April to July.

Having a game with all DC characters and being a little bit different with the new things they have added will be a different story.
It's been out for a month or two by now :p but it's not a game that you're interested in so it's all good.

I think with Injustice it will come down to two factors related to business:
  1. NRS's proven sales ability with MK9 and their proven development history
  2. DC's proven sales ability with it's intellectual properties
EVO always hypes the new/best games of the year and I can guarantee that even if the game is horrid, it'll be a sales bonanza. Even if the tourney players don't support it, the casuals will due to the liscences involved. Prime example would be the Dragon Ball games. They suck major ass, but still make a ton of money.

Off topic: Hurry up and get your fuzzy butt back to TO mayne! We gotta party like it's 1999 ;)

Justice

Noob
Well all right, then it's unfair to Jwong to lump him with that group. Sorry.
No need to apologize dood. I don't follow JWong at all so he may very well be trashing MK and it's community and I wouldn't know. I just thought I'd explain things as I saw them at the time.