What's new

Update 1.04 for Injustice 2...

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Dank, so a guy like me who has Fiber Optic, but plays on WiFi with 100 mbps would be disqualified over the dude who has 5 mbps but is wired to some 15 year old modem.
If you have amazingly fast internet but you have a shitty router, yes, you should be disqualified.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
If you have amazingly fast internet but you have a shitty router, yes, you should be disqualified.
Define shitty router? Something that gives me 100 MBPS Download speed and 128.2 MBPS Upload speed on my PS4 consistently isn't good enough? You'd rather play on wired with 5 MBPS? Help me understand. I made the switch from a shitty hardwired connection to Fiber Optic Wireless and my connection is butter with most of the people online.

Define shitty router? Something that gives me 100 MBPS Download speed and 128.2 MBPS Upload speed on my PS4 consistently isn't good enough? You'd rather play on wired with 5 MBPS? Help me understand. I made the switch from a shitty hardwired connection to Fiber Optic Wireless and my connection is butter with most of the people online.
What exactly is fiber optic wireless (as that's a dichotomy in itself)? Or do you mean WAN is fiber optic and your LAN to PS4 is wireless?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Who even offers 5 MBPS broadband in 2017?? Are you being realistic?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
What exactly is fiber optic wireless (as that's a dichotomy in itself)? Or do you mean WAN is fiber optic and your LAN to PS4 is wireless?
Okay, I understand it all now. My Wide Area Network is fiber optic and really good, but yeah my LAN to PS4 is wireless. Maybe I should see about that cable then... I just saw improvements when I switched my Service Provider and I've never been dissatisfied with my wireless connection.

KAKA22

Noob
im working all day for gain cat call ability but this update bronze box credits 1000 to 5000, are you crazy netherralm, why ???

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Some great fixes, but I'm tired of my GL missles randomly being super slow. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it happens to me all the time. Unless there's a way to slow down the missles that I don't know about.:DOGE

Okay, I understand it all now. My Wide Area Network is fiber optic and really good, but yeah my LAN to PS4 is wireless. Maybe I should see about that cable then... I just saw improvements when I switched my Service Provider and I've never been dissatisfied with my wireless connection.
The problem is that your LAN connection to your PS4 is still half-duplex wireless no matter how fast your WAN is. Further, your wireless signal is susceptible to channel interface, microwave interference, ham radios, etc...the same as anything else traversing the air.

Unless you're running a real-time monitor on your connection, you have no way of knowing if you started off with a good connection at the beginning of the match and encountered some interference mid match which would have negatively impacted your connection resulting in lag, poor round trip results, and a poor experience for you and the other player--as when you start a match, the signal indicator is only a snapshot of your connection.

A 5 MBPS circuit running (while not suitable for gaming imho) has a higher rate of predictable performance then your wireless connection...

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
The problem is that your LAN connection to your PS4 is still half-duplex wireless no matter how fast your WAN is. Further, your wireless signal is susceptible to channel interface, microwave interference, ham radios, etc...the same as anything else traversing the air.

Unless you're running a real-time monitor on your connection, you have no way of knowing if you started off with a good connection at the beginning of the match and encountered some interference mid match which would have negatively impacted your connection mid match resulting in lag and poor round trip results as when you start a match, the signal indicator is only a snapshot of your connection.

A 5 MBPS circuit running (while not suitable for gaming imho) has a higher rate of predictable performance then your wireless connection...
Will get that fixed then. Gotta get that hundred feet cord in mail!