What's new

Unpopular Opinion About Fatalities

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Fatal blows are too long and they bring down momentum, also, whats the deal with the dash..i stopped playing beta and went back to mkx, hopefully theyll get their shit together on release, but then again mkx was the most broken game i played on day 1

In the old school MKs there was about 10 seconds to enter the command.
They used to be about 3 secs way back in the day. You mess up once and that's it. they're probably closer to 10sec now, where you've got at least 3 chances to enter the input. 10sec doesn't sound long, but it's forever when you're waiting for someone to do something.

It's just annoying that it used to be something that was relatively hard to do, if only because of the time allowed. Now you've got a trainer for it + forever to enter the input + the option to go to the movelist. They're doing whatever they can to make sure people can do them.

As said, seeing as fatal blows are almost a guarantee in every match, it would have been nice if they were only 2-3 hits.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
It's just annoying that it used to be something that was relatively hard to do, if only because of the time allowed. Now you've got a trainer for it + forever to enter the input + the option to go to the movelist. They're doing whatever they can to make sure people can do them.
+ the very "lame" way, easy Fatalities with 2 Buttons for the super "noobs" but with money in the back ...
(wonder how many people does it actually)

ps: Fatals are really not hard, you can even buffer the motion while jumping and when you land just hit the attack-button

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
As said, seeing as fatal blows are almost a guarantee in every match, it would have been nice if they were only 2-3 hits.
I have to agree with this. While the Fatal Blows are gorgeous and a thrill to watch, they...get a little old after a while. To keep them fresh, I kind of wish NRS had eschewed the idea of a cinematic, and had simply made Fatal Blows a quick auto-combo ending in a character-specific Krushing Blow (Kind of like using Catwoman's fully charged special power in Injustice 2). Small combo chain when hitting L2+R2 that lasted around 3-4 seconds, and boom, both players are back in control of their characters.

But, that's not changing now. Fatals are 100% set in stone this late in the game, and we'll just have to deal with watching the same Fatals over and over lol

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Fatalities are fun for the first few times you see each one, and then they grow old quick. Half the time I end up liking the winning pose better, so I usually jab them.

I wish they would bring back Hara Kiri's for a quick end to a match. They were awesome.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Fatalities are fun for the first few times you see each one, and then they grow old quick. Half the time I end up liking the winning pose better, so I usually jab them.

I wish they would bring back Hara Kiri's for a quick end to a match. They were awesome.
I agree with that. The wining poses are really awesome in this game so far.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I have no problem with the length. I don't want to do them after every match, but there's shorter one, brutalities and winning poses as choices. And after an intense match, the more cinematic ones are often a huge satisfaction.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I do them all till I see them all then it’s just kinda whatever, if I’m playing offline or messing around I’ll do them, rarely do them online, usually only if I really hate who I’m fighting, or if it’s one of those fucks with their music blasting and kids screaming and calling me the n word for blocking their teleports, sure I’ll fatal them. Still though, usually not.

That being said, in MKX any time I beat a Mileena player, they lose their spines