What's new

Unpopular Opinion About Fatalities

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They're way too long and they have too many parts (no pun intended). During the stress test when Baraka players did his fatalities, I legit had time to get something to drink and sit back down and it still wasn't done.

I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I noticed it's been more prevalent since MKX. Personally, I feel like it takes away that shock factor and some of them - not all of them - are just being gory to be gory. I prefer fatalities that are quick and shocking and/or a bit silly, like the ones we saw for Cassie.

That's why I absolutely love Brutalities in this game, I feel like they did a fantastic job and most of them have that nostalgic factor. Especially ones like Scarlet's blood ball brutality where the opponent inflates and then explodes.

What do you guys prefer? Long and drawn out? Or quick and dirty?

I feel like this should be in the FG dating thread.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'm all about creativity .... if the fatality is a well done, that give creeps, shivers and has shocking value, I will not worry or care if takes a few more seconds in the screen to happen all it animation sequence. :)

Baraka Brain Eater and Geras Skinning Alive fatalities are both very good fatalities, that, could suffer if they had reduced their total timing presentation ;)

Anyway, I turned a great fan of Brutalities in MKX, so, I love Fatalities, but I love even more Brutatilies , since many of them are pure homage to old fatalities in the MK franchise/series :rolleyes:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, here's an unpopular opinion... I don't even care for fatalities in general... le gasp!

Like, I'd rather we just skip them and get to the next match. A lot of the win poses (like skarlet's where she rises up and brings the blood rain) look cooler than the fatalities to me.

I typically just "boop" someone on the nose and go to the next match lol

The only time I fatality is if someone pissed me off during the game or ya know, specifically for teabaggers.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well, here's an unpopular opinion... I don't even care for fatalities in general... le gasp!

Like, I'd rather we just skip them and get to the next match. A lot of the win poses (like skarlet's where she rises up and brings the blood rain) look cooler than the fatalities to me.

I typically just "boop" someone on the nose and go to the next match lol

The only time I fatality is if someone pissed me off during the game or ya know, specifically for teabaggers.
Same, I'd rather do brutalities too they're quick.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Same, I'd rather do brutalities too they're quick.
Brutalities are cool, but I typically don't look up how to do them. The only brutalities I've ever done were either done via throws or on accident. Like zoning someone out with reptile spit and accidentally getting a brutality in mkx. lmao

They're way too long and they have too many parts (no pun intended). During the stress test when Baraka players did his fatalities, I legit had time to get something to drink and sit back down and it still wasn't done.

I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I noticed it's been more prevalent since MKX. Personally, I feel like it takes away that shock factor and some of them - not all of them - are just being gory to be gory. I prefer fatalities that are quick and shocking and/or a bit silly, like the ones we saw for Cassie.

That's why I absolutely love Brutalities in this game, I feel like they did a fantastic job and most of them have that nostalgic factor. Especially ones like Scarlet's blood ball brutality where the opponent inflates and then explodes.

Ummm. Okay

AloneUA

getting over there
I think fatalities were initially made to flex on your opponent, hence it's in their design to annoy you. Though I agree that the menu could show up a little bit faster after the fatality was finished.

And yes, brutalities are a great alternative. Quick and savage.

yeah, no matter how cool they are they will just be a stairwell between matches a couple of months in. they were a real snooze fest towards the end of MKX

edit: I'm always down for brutalities though

I prefer creative and funny fatalities, my favorites so far are Johnny's uppercut and Cassie's nut kick.

I never do perform except in the final match of a set. However I do think some of the fatalities in the game are indeed too long (like Jade's). I like brutalities but I never liked how they were introduced in MKX and MK11. I don't like that the final hit is in slow motion, it makes the brutalities less... brutal. And now they added a black screen behind the characters in MK11 and that makes the brutalities a bit awkward to watch.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I don't really care for them. Just more time between matches. They also seem way too easy to do.

Actually what I miss the most is how secretive doing a fatality used to be, before online forums and in game move lists, when fatalities were passed around more by word of mouth.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Geras is a great and a bad example how to do fatalities. His first one is both long and makes zero sense. He punches through you two wholes, teleports back and punches the brain and half of your face? Okay. The last part is actually cool, but the first part kind of ruins the whole experience.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Imagine if Fatal Blows led into their own special fatalities similar to how certain X-Rays in Mkx led to brutalities. It'd actually give some legitimacy to the 'Fatal' part of the name, and we'd only have to sit through one long, elaborate gorefest instead of a potential two.

On that note, I have started to enjoy brutalities more than the fatalities. Like, Skarlet's Gutted brutality? Love it way more than either of her fatalities.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I mean, that's kinda the point. You lose you get to hold that L and watch your character die. You win, especially if it's a sodium inducing match. Relish in the opportunity to kill your opponent for pissing you off. Make them hold that L.

They are longer though. I prefer Cassie's I<3U. Skarlet's Heart Attack. Short and sweet.

NRS is stroking their collective peen. When it takes 6-9 months to create a fatality, you wanna make it as outlandish and over the top as possible.

I prefer brutalities though. Mainly because you can combo into them and the end game of the match becomes, do I want to go for the brutality and risk dying or just end the match? Another layer of mind games with the opponent. Especially when they know what you're trying to do.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I don't mind lenght of the fatalities. What bothers me is, for example, when Baraka cuts opponent's head in half in his 2nd fatality, opponent is already dead.The ultimate result of the fatality performed should be death. What's after is just unnecesary. OK, it can be used as sort of showing off (Scorp spear), but overall it doesn't make any sense. Also what's weird is some shitty 'setting' for the fatality (best example --> Kobra that kicks opponent twice in the head, just to do something else eventually).

Geras 1st fatality is a mistake and NRS should admit it. Guy can manipulate time and sand ffs!! Actually his fatal blow should have been his 1st fatality instead. 2nd is OK though, even if it doesn't use his CORE powers.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
They feel faster than MKX's fatalities. I like the fatalities in MK11, they are a lot more entertaining and have more personality (except for Geras IMO) than the MKX ones.

Also as long as we're talking finishers, brutalities feel so much smoother in this game, the transition into them is fantastic.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Fatal blows are way too long, especially because you're going to see one nearly every single game. They should be 2 quick hits at maximum. Xrays were just as long but you didn't see them as regularly.
I don't think they were as long actually...

Sub's was just super fast shoulder charge into spleen rupture followed by a headbutt and it was over.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

Hmmmm.....*thinks*.....interesting points you made. Honestly, I found myself LOVING doing Brutalities more. For some reason, it just feels much more rewarding knowing you won doing a special requirement to humiliate your opponent.