What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Y'all scrubs calling it queen because of the ridges, that's the crown of a Xenomorph Praetorian, the hive guards:

Which will probably be the name of the variation.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They gave him baraka's "chop-chop" move and made it actually look cool and not ridiculously goofy.

Also it has the blades in all variations, you can see them clearly on its wrist the entire time. Like any regular Tarkatan's they're retractable obviously.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Y'all scrubs calling it queen because of the ridges, that's the crown of a Xenomorph Praetorian, the hive guards:

Which will probably be the name of the variation.
Hey, as long as it's the one making the Eggs I'm calling it a Queen :p Besides a Praetorian can easily become a Queen given a Queen dies like in Alien vs Predator with Number 6.

No but seriously your probably right. It's hard to tell in the trailer but the ridges probably match a Royal Elite Guard/Praetorian more than a Queen's ridge pattern. Even it's not nearly big enough of a crown for either technically,Ha!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The ridge is short because the head is short, due to the Tarkatan DNA(a convenient trait for character designing).

Praetorian's are basically slightly bigger Xenomorph's with crowns, and they protect the queens and their eggs, so incorporating an egg into a Praetorian themed variation makes sense.

Queen's are the size of tyrannosaurus, have four arms, and have a mostly non-humanoid shape, all traits the variation shown in the video lacks.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
The ridge is short because the head is short, due to the Tarkatan DNA(a convenient trait for character designing).

Praetorian's are basically slightly bigger Xenomorph's with crowns, and they protect the queens and their eggs, so incorporating an egg into a Praetorian themed variation makes sense.

Queen's are the size of tyrannosaurus, have four arms, and have a mostly non-humanoid shape, all traits the variation shown in the video lacks.
Yeah, that's true. The Royal Elite Guards/Praetorian are basically slightly bigger Xenomorphs with the crown crest while the Queen is huge. So it wouldn't make much sense for the Queen to be that small even in the context of MKX. It's just the little hyped kid in me that wants to called it a Queen,Ha!

Speaking of in the context of MKX. You bring up a good point about the crown crest being so small because of Tarkatan DNA that I hadn't considered before you mentioned it. That would make it easier for Netherrealm Studios to explain why the 3 variations look the way they do and why the crown crest is so small in comparison to Royal Elite Guards/Praetorian in previous media.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
It's also probably their explanation for it having blood that isn't extremely corrosive.
Oh, yeah that right,Ha! Yep, that would explain the lack of acid blood too. Dang, and all this time I thought Netherrealm Studios making a Tarktan Alien in MKX was just a cool way for them to tie Alien into the MK Universe when it actually had so much more purpose than that. Very clever Netherrealm Studios :coffee:

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Looks like he has a restand, at 1:20 after he does his Blade Fury, Jacqui gets hit by the restand. It looks like he followed it up with a command grab, one from his TAIL which is freaking amazing, and even better if his restand pressure tick throw's right into it. Looks like hes gonna have amazing pressure with those strings and the restands and the extended hitbox command grab. Everything I was hoping for so far looks present. Cannot. Freaking. Wait.

TheGrimMagician

Let Us Dance
Looks like he has a restand, at 1:20 after he does his Blade Fury, Jacqui gets hit by the restand. It looks like he followed it up with a command grab, one from his TAIL which is freaking amazing, and even better if his restand pressure tick throw's right into it. Looks like hes gonna have amazing pressure with those strings and the restands and the extended hitbox command grab. Everything I was hoping for so far looks present. Cannot. Freaking. Wait.
I was looking at that & thought it was a re-stand too but it looks like it's just MB Chop-Chop's full animation. If only ;-;

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I was looking at that & thought it was a re-stand too but it looks like it's just MB Chop-Chop's full animation. If only ;-;
Ahh, gotcha yeah I think you are right. He doesn't go to neutral first, it must all be the one animation (unless his chop chop is like Laos 112124 :eek::ex:ex)

Last edited:

ScorpXL

Goro?
So I just noticed, during the alien's intro at the beginning of the video, it shows the alien with the classic domed head and it looks like its claws/tail are dripping with what appears to be slime or possibly acid. Then during the gameplay segment we see the alien with the ridged head and praetorian head. So, it looks like the ridged head alien might be the tarkatan variation, while the dome headed alien could be the unseen third variation. Maybe the "acid blood" variation. :D

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I am looking forward to the Alien/Xenomorph very much, more so than all the other KP2 characters. NRS have captured 'it', extremely well, kudos to them. From the looks of things, the Alien looks like it'll deal a lot of chip damage. That 'assist' in the other variation (lets just call it 'Queen', even though Queen Aliens are huge and have four arms.) is the icing on the cake for me.

With that huge tail, I'm thinking this character will be a force to be reckoned with, with great footsies, chip, cancels and from what you guys have said, command grabs also. I think it'll be top tier.

Hopefully it has some sort of projectile or a special to close the distance really quickly, similar to Reptiles bf2.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I think the egg will work like Hunter Predator's traps, if you go near the aura, you'll get facehugged. Just like how in the movies the Egg will 'awaken' if it senses a potential host nearby... I think it'll be more a space control type of thing, but time will tell how it'll pan out.

gibster13

A fan of fans
He is going to have a crawl cancel which would be like reptiles bf2. He must have its god dang alien! It could be universal ? But im sure it will be in a rushdown variant

I was sort of right about four legged. Not a variation but it does look like we'll get stances.

Impressed on how they handled the tail, right next to the big head that could have led to clipping issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.