What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been freaking the fuck out about this on multiple sites over the past few hours.

They took my favourite MK character, took the only thing that was ever cool about him, and gave it to one of my favourite fictional creations of all time, who I never thought I'd see in an MK game.

I haven't even played this game seriously in ages and now I have to get back into it. Goddamn, you people should've seen my face when I'd finished watching that trailer.

I don't even have the fucking words, dude.
Must be nice living a dream come true. As a kid I used to dream of playing with Spawn in an MK styled game...

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I was discussing this with an Alien fan and they were disappointed that the Alien in this game is a gimmicky brute. They have a point, the face is pretty ugly and it is thick! The Xenomorph would have still been a formidable fighter in its natural slender state.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I was discussing this with an Alien fan and they were disappointed that the Alien in this game is a gimmicky brute. They have a point, the face is pretty ugly and it is thick! The Xenomorph would have still been a formidable fighter in its natural slender state.
Nrs wanted to do their own version and deviate from the film like Aliens. I like it :D

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I like it because I like Baraka and the whole being influenced by host concept. However, the musculature was a bit much for me but it still looks amazing!

TheGrimMagician

Let Us Dance
Have a pretty clear guess/view that there will be a: Queen variation, Acid variation, & a Variation putting more emphasis on the Baraka/Tarkatan blades.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Dude, has anyone else noticed how spot on the Queen/Praetorian variation of Alien looks in the screen shot released with the Mortal Kombat XL announcement!? Compared to the Queen/Praetorian variation that we saw in the gameplay trailer to me the MKXL one looks very close to the way the Queen Alien looked in Aliens. It could just be that the Queen Alien makes an appearance for one of the Alien fatalities but I'm hoping that's it's an alternate costume.

Alien Queen/Praetorian Variation Mortal Kombat XL Announcement

Alien Queen in Aliens

Alien Queen/Praetorian Variation Mortal Kombat X KP2 gameplay trailer

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I think the Queen would make an appearance during a fatality, I think this because of the dark background, but I could be very wrong about that.
Yeah, that's true. The black background does indicate that it's a fatality. Still it would be awesome if Alien's alternate costume is a movie accurate costume.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Seems we know both of Alien's fatalities now. First one was during the KP2 gameplay trailer, where the Xeno did the classic 'headbite' (didn't show the actual kill, but I'm pretty sure what happens next :p ), and the Queen fatality.
I'm convinced the win pose is the one where Jacqui was in the hive, impregnated by a facehugger, and killed by the chestburster. This is awesome, nearly on the same par as the Predator's win pose, and I'm sure (and hoping) that the chestburster will be different depending on what character you're facing (F/T, Goro, Mileena, Reptile ect... Although Triborg would be an interesting one).

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Seems we know both of Alien's fatalities now. First one was during the KP2 gameplay trailer, where the Xeno did the classic 'headbite' (didn't show the actual kill, but I'm pretty sure what happens next :p ), and the Queen fatality.
I'm convinced the win pose is the one where Jacqui was in the hive, impregnated by a facehugger, and killed by the chestburster. This is awesome, nearly on the same par as the Predator's win pose, and I'm sure (and hoping) that the chestburster will be different depending on what character you're facing (F/T, Goro, Mileena, Reptile ect... Although Triborg would be an interesting one).
Different Chest Busters based on the opponent would be cool because it would show attention to detail like how Predator's win pose shows the different skull trophies. Now if the Chest Busters do end up being different based on the opponent I wonder how a mirror match would go down. It would mean a Chest Buster would be coming out of an Alien......which would mean Alien inception right? BRRRRAAAWWWNNNN.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
So I just noticed, during the alien's intro at the beginning of the video, it shows the alien with the classic domed head and it looks like its claws/tail are dripping with what appears to be slime or possibly acid. Then during the gameplay segment we see the alien with the ridged head and praetorian head. So, it looks like the ridged head alien might be the tarkatan variation, while the dome headed alien could be the unseen third variation. Maybe the "acid blood" variation. :D
Acid variation in the new trailer is insane

A low attack is seen
Acid has a ton of hitstun (overhead?)
@ScorpXL
Good call on the Drone Variation being an Acid variation! Also I think that you are right about the Warrior Variation being the Baraka/Tarkatan variation because everytime time the Alien in shown with Tarkatan Blades its the Warrior Variation. In fact when the Queen/Praetorian Variation is shown doing a NJP and a throw of some kind it doesn't have Tarkatan Blades extended out while when the Warrior Variation is show to have the Tarkatan Blades extended out while doing a NJP and what look like throw animations. It makes me wonder in the Baraka Chop Chop move that the Warrior Variation did in the MKX KP2 Gameplay trailer might not be an universal special but a special move only for the Warrior Variation.

@gibster13
I think your right about that hit stun on the Acid Tail Spray move. Jacqui looks like she is in a stunned state for a long time after being hit by it.

It also looks like the Drone (Acid) Variation of Alien causes some kind of Acid state on the opponent because in the trailer Jacqui is covered in acid through out the whole combo with the Acid Tail Spray move.

Alien Drone Variation - Acid State 1

Alien Drone Variation - Acid State 2

Alien Drone Variation - Acid Tail Spray Special 1

Alien Drone Variation - Acid Tail Spray Special 2

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Alien Queen/Praetorian Variation - Throw

Alien Warrior Variation - Throw 1

Alien Warrior Variation - Throw 2

Alien Warrior Variation - Throw 3

Alien Queen/Praetorian Variation - NJP 1

Alien Queen/Praetorian Variation - NJP 2

Alien Warrior Variation - NJP

Alien Warrior Variation - Chop Chop Special

ScorpXL

Goro?
@Crimzon-ET Yeah, I think the warrior alien is definitely the Tarkatan variation. But I think all of the alien's variations will use the tarkatan blades to some extent, with the warrior variation having a special emphasis on the blades. As for the moves that will be unique to that variation, the chop chop move does seem like it'd be exclusive to this variation, because it's one of Baraka's signature moves too. I also noticed that in the KP2 gameplay trailer, we can briefly see the alien use baraka's blade spin move as well, so that might be another move that is unique to the warrior variation. Also, I think the tail throw animation that you see after the alien finished using ex chop chop might just be ex chop chop's full animation, because we don't see the alien return to a neutral state before the tail grab. Or it could be a tail-based command grab, which would be sick. And the second throw that we see in the warrior variation could just be part of one of it's combo strings, similar to predator. And good find with the acid induced stun state for the drone variation. I'm curious to see what playstyle the acid variation is supposed to revolve around, because it looks like the warrior variation will focus heavily on rushdown/pressure, while the Queen variation might specialize in zoning.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@Crimzon-ET Yeah, I think the warrior alien is definitely the Tarkatan variation. But I think all of the alien's variations will use the tarkatan blades to some extent, with the warrior variation having a special emphasis on the blades. As for the moves that will be unique to that variation, the chop chop move does seem like it'd be exclusive to this variation, because it's one of Baraka's signature moves too. I also noticed that in the KP2 gameplay trailer, we can briefly see the alien use baraka's blade spin move as well, so that might be another move that is unique to the warrior variation. Also, I think the tail throw animation that you see after the alien finished using ex chop chop might just be ex chop chop's full animation, because we don't see the alien return to a neutral state before the tail grab. Or it could be a tail-based command grab, which would be sick. And the second throw that we see in the warrior variation could just be part of one of it's combo strings, similar to predator. And good find with the acid induced stun state for the drone variation. I'm curious to see what playstyle the acid variation is supposed to revolve around, because it looks like the warrior variation will focus heavily on rushdown/pressure, while the Queen variation might specialize in zoning.
Good point about the throws being part of a string or combo. I didn't think of that,Ha! Still the differences between Warrior Variation having Tarkatan Blades with NJP while NJP in Queen/Praetorian Variation didn't is a big indicator for a Baraka variation . Also I forgot about Warrior Variation showing the Baraka Spin move,Ha! Which just further points to Warrior Variation being the Baraka/Tarkatan variation like you said.

Originally I thought that the Warrior Variation would be a rush down variation but considering Warrior Variation has the tool set of Baraka and Drone Variation has what looks to be a Acid State and a Acid move that keeps the opponent standing in hit stun like a standing reset. I think the variations for Alien might end being something like

Drone Variation:
Rush down style with Acid States and the Acid Tail Spray special move to maintain pressure.

Warrior Variation:
Midrange control with Baraka's tool set and Tarkatan Blades.

Queen/Praetorian Variation:
Zoning and Trap based with Eggs and Face Huggers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.