What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else think this character is going got have stances? like one stance is on two legs and the other is on all four?
Maybe. Since this version is smaller than your typical Xeno, they can probably have it on fours without worrying too much about clipping issues like they would with someone like Mataro who is huge.

TheGrimMagician

Let Us Dance
With Alien getting Tarkatan blades from Baraka as the host, maybe there'll be other different species crossbreeds as the variations. The other 2 could be Human/Outworlder/Edenien, Vampire (Nitara's race), Oni (Drahmin/Moloch/Quan), Zaterran (Reptile/Chameleon/Khameleon) etc...

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm really not a fan of guest charcters in this game. I would much rather have brand new mortal kombat characters or returning ones over guest characters.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@gibster13
Great variation ideas for Alien/Xenomorph! The idea of the Queen Variation being able to summon Xenomorphs sounds really awesome and it's cool throwback to the Aliens film were the Xenomorphs attacked in waves and was the film that introduced the Queen Xenomorph into the series.

@Hard Body Armour
You bring up a good point that I agree with. The Alien/Xenomorph really should have great mobility with dashes. Mainly because it fits the character. The only exception I can see is with a Queen Xenomorph and that's really just because of her size and movement in the Aliens film.

Rearawt

Noob
After Alien there was a stupid retcon to the Alien making it a hybrid organism that takes characteristics from the host. It was originally in Alien 1 and 2 a parasitic concept. So your confusion is understandable if you have only watched the good films... as all the other crap is just that crap.
I think the fact that you can see a human skull inside the Alien's head dome suggests the idea of taking on traits from its host started in the earlier films

Not really. That is just a remenant of Giger's art style. He uses human skulls and bones in all his work. That is like saying his drawing of the Harkonen building is made out of a giant space baby skeleton... cause it was not.

Rearawt

Noob
Okay, I see what you're saying, but I think just because there's a meta/exterior reason for it doesn't mean it doesn't fit in-universe. Because it's plausible to consider the host idea came from that detail, so it's not a retcon

it is all immaterial. There is nothing to really argue here. Alien was so great as it was unexplained. If you read the design notes of Giger himself in that bog book he released he talks about how it was parasitic, but the fact it that this was never included in the actual films. Hollywoods retarded need to "explain" everything evolved the story into the idea that it is a hybrid organism, solidified when it burst out of the cow in Alien 3 (studio interference made it a dog and forced a reshoot, the DC and Anthology editions have the original cow host). The point is that it IS a hybrid organism now, that is the cannon. I just preferred it when it was a parasitic creature.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Unpopular opinion alert: Even though I was born way after Alien/Aliens, I always thought the Alien Queen idea was fucking stupid. It ruined the mystique of the Species (I was very young when I saw Alien) and turned them into giant space bugs. Though, I actually loved the idea of it being a hybrid organism that took traits from its hosts.

But yeah, Alien cubed (not sorry for calling it this) and Resurrection are pretty bad (though I would admit that the latter looked good to my young eyes and had that great moment where Ripley-clone found the failed versions).

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I respect everyone's opinion because all have their point. When you look over the history of how the Alien movie came to be and what ideas were being thrown around during production. It's really interesting to see how the Alien/Xenomorph,Face Huggers, and Chest Buster evolved to become what we know today. Not only how later directors and creative teams took the idea of a Alien/Xenomorph and put their own spin on it.

To me Aliens is one of the most awesome movies ever made and the Queen Xenomorph was and still is the most badass villain reveal in a film to date,Ha! Also I find the team's idea of having the Alien/Xenomorph originally being translucent/white in the first Alien film really cool and interesting. Of course they ditched the idea for black Alien/Xenomorph with a clear dome instead that we know in the Alien film today which is still really awesome.

I also really like the idea of the a Alien/Xenomorph having Tarkatan physical attributes because the Tarkatan are one of my favorite species from Mortal Kombat lore and it ties the Alien/Xenomorph to the MK Universe in clever and cool way I think.

So for me the ultimate would be to have a Translucent/White Queen Alien/Xenomorph with Tarkatan physical attributes,Ha!

Last edited:

Geth

Bows don't kill people, the arrows do.
So how might acid blood work?

I'm thinking either a variation passive like Noxious Reptile, only it only does damage on hit. Kinda same concept, but irrelevant if you're the combo-er rather than the combo-ee. I guess to balance it they could make the acid blood do more damage than Reptile's stank? Another thing could be a risk/reward buff/debuff like Bane's venom, where you put a Damage Over Time effect on yourself that carries over to your opponent if you get close, and for more damage.

Another thing that would be cool for them to do, but I don't know how they'd integrate it, is a Shang Tsung-esque move where the Xeno somehow copies their DNA. Because Xenomorphs take DNA fromt heir hosts, y'know? The only thing I could think of for that is a whole variation where the Xeno just copies it's opponents specials from the tart of the match, but that seems highly impractical. I dunno, I'm not the person getting paid to think of these things.

All I can do is wait.

Given they already have the Predator in game, I could see a Predalien variation, or maybe a Predalien alt costume (though so far none of the dlc have alts iirc).

Geth

Bows don't kill people, the arrows do.
So how might acid blood work?

I'm thinking either a variation passive like Noxious Reptile, only it only does damage on hit. Kinda same concept, but irrelevant if you're the combo-er rather than the combo-ee. I guess to balance it they could make the acid blood do more damage than Reptile's stank? Another thing could be a risk/reward buff/debuff like Bane's venom, where you put a Damage Over Time effect on yourself that carries over to your opponent if you get close, and for more damage.

Another thing that would be cool for them to do, but I don't know how they'd integrate it, is a Shang Tsung-esque move where the Xeno somehow copies their DNA. Because Xenomorphs take DNA fromt heir hosts, y'know? The only thing I could think of for that is a whole variation where the Xeno just copies it's opponents specials from the tart of the match, but that seems highly impractical. I dunno, I'm not the person getting paid to think of these things.

All I can do is wait.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'd love a variation or a move that let the Xenomorph attack with it's blood and the damage would increase based on the missing health of the Xenomorph. So like it's taken more damage so it throws out more blood kinda deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.