What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much fun as it is to speculate queens and what not I think it's far more likely it'll possess variants based on a single model with skin and effect changes and very minimal model additions.

So here are my thoughts.

Host - This variation is basically Baraka. It emphasizes longer punching normals with arm blades and would have baraka's blade spin and other slicing moves. This would more or less be the mix up and footsie variation.

Terror - This variation emphasizes the fear that the xenomorph strikes in its victims. It includes a teleport that can come from above or behind the opponent. It also includes a command grab where it latches on and bites the opponent (includes an EX for multiple bites and has a head annihilating brutality). This would be the rush down variation.

Acidic - This is the zoning variation. Hitting this variation with melee attacks causes the opponent to take damage (minimal .05% at most). It includes an acid spit that can fire up to three times depending on how long the button is depressed in a similar vein to devorah's bug spray.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Queen (my favourite)- A zoner
Footsies with d4 (probe using his huge tail)
Throws egg traps on the floor (like lex in IGAU) and when standing on them opponent takes dmg
Face hugger projectiles that explode on impact but if held input they stick
Call other aliens in the match (like inferno scorpion

All i want in life

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob

What do you guys think about alien after seeing this video??

I don´t have much time so i just ask this :D.

I loved the video overall and i´m even more hyped for alien now!

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Dude, there is a Queen Alien variation with Egg traps and Face Huggers like I was hoping for! They even gave the Queen Alien variation a proper head crown,Ha! I noticed that the Queen Alien summoned a Drone Alien (good call on that @gibster13) with the smoothed out head dome like in reveal trailer and that the other variations looked like it had the head dome ridges of a Warrior Alien.

However I didn't see any gameplay of the Drone Alien with the smooth head dome outside of the Queen summing it. So I wonder if the Warrior and Queen look is it for Alien/Xenomorph or if there is going to be a Drone variation too and they just showed the Queen and Warrior variations in the trailer only? Either way I'm really hyped for Alien/Xenomorph! Eventhough I mostly excited for the Queen Alien variation I'm going to main the whole character with all of it's variations.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Yes, Queen Alien with Egg/Face Hugger Traps and Drone summons! Now my "Got Face Huggers?" quote has meaning,Ha!

gibster13

A fan of fans
From what I see

1) 3rd variation (name unknown) has a restand ?
2)Queen has egg traps with a marked area which shouts out face huggers (for a combo). Meter caused another alien to come out of now where. If you can summon them in neutral is unknown. Lets hope eggs don't have a timer and don't take ages to summon
3)The baraka variation has mental rushdown
4)Huge normals
5)A "meh" NJP

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
From what I see

1) 3rd variation (name unknown) has a restand ?
2)Queen has egg traps with a marked area which shouts out face huggers (for a combo). Meter caused another alien to come out of now where. If you can summon them in neutral is unknown. Lets hope eggs don't have a timer and don't take ages to summon
3)The baraka variation has mental rushdown
4)Huge normals
5)A "meh" NJP
Yeah, I hope the Egg Traps don't have a huge amount of recovery and that the Face Huggers come out in a decent amount of time or at least in Queen variation Alien has a way of pressuring the opponent into the radius of the Egg Trap. I'm also curious as to why we only saw the Drone Alien as a summon during Queen Alien's gameplay and not on it's own like Queen and Warrior.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Yeah, I hope the Egg Traps don't have a huge amount of recovery and that the Face Huggers come out in a decent amount of time or at least in Queen variation Alien has a way of pressuring the opponent into the radius of the Egg Trap. I'm also curious as to why we only saw the Drone Alien as a summon during Queen Alien's gameplay and not on it's own like Queen and Warrior.
All I care about is zoning. Egg traps are huge for this game because it could act as and ice clone (sub). Slow start up I don't mind but if it's on a timer it's bad. On the other hand with aliens build he should be mid top tier

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
All I care about is zoning. Egg traps are huge for this game because it could act as and ice clone (sub). Slow start up I don't mind but if it's on a timer it's bad. On the other hand with aliens build he should be mid top tier
I'm leaning towards the Eggs Traps being proximity based because of the blue ring indication but it's still hard for me to tell if the Egg Traps are actually triggered by a timer or are proximity based in the trailer.

If they are proximity based then they could work like Sub-Zero's clone like you said. However they could also be something along the lines of an unblockable like Predator's Self Detonate that works on a timer and flashes blue before it blows up.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I'm leaning towards the Eggs Traps being proximity based because of the blue ring indication but it's still hard for me to tell if the Egg Traps are actually triggered by a timer or are proximity based in the trailer.

If they are proximity based then they could work like Sub-Zero's clone like you said. However they could also be something along the lines of an unblockable like Predator's Self Detonate that works on a timer and flashes blue before it blows up.
Looking again at the video (seen it like 1000 times lol). They seem to make an effort and a conscious decision to move jacqui into the blue circle. This would mean it works like ice clone and if you in that circle you will eat a face hugger.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Yeah, that's true. They had Jacqui run into the blue circle and not hold block at any point so that she would get hit by it,Ha!

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
What Variations do you think it'll have? I'm guessing 1 will be named Queen, where it gets that second Alien that works like R. Mika, and the Face Hugger. The 2nd might be the Baraka, maybe called Tarkatan, where he uses some of Baraka's moves. My evidence for this is this:

http://i.imgur.com/gk4ETqt.jpg
In this picture, his NJP uses only his hands, but here:

http://i.imgur.com/as5t8fA.jpg
He uses his blades.

3rd Variation might be utilizing his tail attacks more, maybe called Appendage lol idk.

gibster13

A fan of fans
The different head shape shows the variation.

Queen also doesn't have blades. Straight away this implies she is heavily spacing and zoning based,One would hope this anyway.

I will 99% main queen. A guide will come, like my Summoner one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.