What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable SZ Guide and my thoughts on the character in general.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
The problem is if you make the wrong read , u eat there most damaging combo , usually between 35 to 45% if you do freeze them , ur getting like 25% high risk low reward. You just can't win matches like that
Yeah like I said it's not something that can work with this version of the character but it would've been a smart way they could use this variation without breaking GM.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I've updated the combo section with meter less and jump in kick combos, the strategy section for open space and corner.

Once I know the game is finished with balance patches I will delete the "suggested changes" section

boba_buster

Noob saibot
@GOL Eklectic how do you feel about ice daggers ? I think unbreakable should have polar blast from mkm and be able to freeze the entire screen , 4 frame start up + 22 on block

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
UB Mains, 2015 - "Give UB the puddle!"
Haters - "Uhm, no they'd have to make a whole different animation. They'll never do something like that."

Enter Cyber Sub-Zero

ando1184

Noob
IN the OP, I didn't see any mention of comboing from normal aura? I know it can be done off of b12 but can it be done any other way as well?

ando1184

Noob
Pretty sure b12 is the only string with enough hit and cancel advantage to do it without meter
So basically in order to get a good punish combo would be to start with 11 ice ball and then b12 aura and go from there? Sorry I'm just picking him up and wanna know the basics.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
So basically in order to get a good punish combo would be to start with 11 ice ball and then b12 aura and go from there? Sorry I'm just picking him up and wanna know the basics.
Yeah I think "(starter) xx ice ball, jip, b12 xx aura, 242, run 123 xx slide" is the way to go.

With aura already on, "(starter) xx ice ball, ji2, b2, run b12 xx ice burst" is the jam.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah I think "(starter) xx ice ball, jip, b12 xx aura, 242, run 123 xx slide" is the way to go.

With aura already on, "(starter) xx ice ball, ji2, b2, run b12 xx ice burst" is the jam.
Don't you have time to step back and ice burst, then go after the combo how you normally would. I'd also do slide for everything to give you the HKD unless the burst will kill.

ando1184

Noob
Can someone help me understand how the ex parry can be poked out of? I played a SD johnnythe other night and I read a counter poke so I decided to ex parry. I got hit by the d3 and knocked out of the animation. SZ was just a glowing hit animation and I lost a bar for nothing :(. Doesn't his parry parry lows?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Don't you have time to step back and ice burst, then go after the combo how you normally would. I'd also do slide for everything to give you the HKD unless the burst will kill.
I think you have time to step back and whiff ice burst, but it's not super easy to do. The ice burst ender is entirely for shedding aura, if that's your game plan.

Then again, having aura frost bomb as a wake-up is pretty scary... Which is where parry should scare an opponent, but that ship has sailed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think you have time to step back and whiff ice burst, but it's not super easy to do. The ice burst ender is entirely for shedding aura, if that's your game plan.

Then again, having aura frost bomb as a wake-up is pretty scary... Which is where parry should scare an opponent, but that ship has sailed.
Yeah aura frost Bomb is a monster. Aura as a whole is a good move. Even bad Mkx characters have good aspects.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Can someone help me understand how the ex parry can be poked out of? I played a SD johnnythe other night and I read a counter poke so I decided to ex parry. I got hit by the d3 and knocked out of the animation. SZ was just a glowing hit animation and I lost a bar for nothing :(. Doesn't his parry parry lows?
It starts up in 3 frames and doesn't have armor , you just got hit befor it started up that's all

ando1184

Noob
It starts up in 3 frames and doesn't have armor , you just got hit befor it started up that's all
Well that's what doesn't make sense to me. I main Kano and his parry is 4f startup and it counters everything it's intended to. So to see it not function the same way is a little alarming and just doesn't make sense. Especially since it makes the SZ player reluctant to use one of their tools because they're afraid it won't work properly.....I mean I just blew a bar.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Well that's what doesn't make sense to me. I main Kano and his parry is 4f startup and it counters everything it's intended to. So to see it not function the same way is a little alarming and just doesn't make sense. Especially since it makes the SZ player reluctant to use one of their tools because they're afraid it won't work properly.....I mean I just blew a bar.
It's very common with non armored moves , maybe Kanos has armor

ando1184

Noob
It's very common with non armored moves , maybe Kanos has armor
Naw, kano's doesn't have armor. But it does counter teleports as well though, SZ parry doesn't do that does it? I really wish NRS would have made the same rules apply universally for this game :(