What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable Review 2.0.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
So yeah it doesn't really matter is you buff both the aura and cancels cuz you can only use one at a time.
Exactly, something had to join the two together.

I honestly believe that his Aura Shatters on block should give advantage.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
What if having his aura on reduced his block stun frames by a value great enough to create gaps in opponents strings where there normally would be one?

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Exactly, something had to join the two together.

I honestly believe that his Aura Shatters on block should give advantage.
i know i've been beating the whole parry thing into the ground but i'd like to aura shatter to allow me to use parry afterwards.
It's like why give that tool to unbreakable and make it so bad when you consider what the other similar parries do.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
As to flawed design: don't you guys feel it's a bit silly to create a character in rush down style game, whose main tool indicates that you will block a lot (aura)?
If UB Sub should make use of aura, and block a lot, he should either mitigate opponent's meter gain (by far!), or gain it himself double the speed when Aura is active (or both when EX is active). It makes no sense to make UB Sub rush down character, his dmg will always suck, and dmg is not what he should be about (there's enough hard hitting characters in the game). But if he is to play defensively, he cannot let his opponents to build breakers like there's no tomorrow, and that is what Aura does - it helps rush-down now more then Sub himself.

iamylem

Noob
I would think with the way aura works in tandem with parry this variation would be about reducing damage and making the opponent afraid to press buttons. I think frost bomb was added just to give him a get off me move. It being an armored launcher when ex'd is just icing on the cake. Then again I don't play sub so what would I know.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I would think with the way aura works in tandem with parry this variation would be about reducing damage and making the opponent afraid to press buttons. I think frost bomb was added just to give him a get off me move. It being an armored launcher when ex'd is just icing on the cake. Then again I don't play sub so what would I know.
That's the problem really, it doesn't work in tandem, if you get aura on all the time you can't do aura cancels and apart from 2 strings f33 and 11 and combo gaps, using the parry is like begging to be punished.

iamylem

Noob
It's a defensive variation, aura cancelled are good if you get a combo started, but still it's a defensive variation through and through. The cancel are there for frame advantage and safely getting aura out