What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable Review 2.0.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
@UsedForGlue
I wouldn't have any problem with using the parry like that if the aura would gain meter for every projectile that you block with aura activated.
Think about it, why shouldn't unbreakable be rewarded with meter for taking the right action to negate zoning chip damage, especially in matchups where you have to deal with low and mid projectiles.
One of my ideas was for Sub Zero's parry on a projectile to recover instantly and build him a chip of meter for doing so.

Remember, Kotal Kahn now gets meter for blocking an attack whilst reducing chip...for some reason

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Is that with ex aura ? I have not even able to connect b12xxaura b12
I've been using b12aura242 rc b12xxiceburst for 30%

Adagost

yard's best Ice cream
no, this works without Meter.
STK mentioned the timing is tight, just try to input it slightly earlier.

Unbreakable is way better then before... but before it had too many flaws, we'll see how this variation develops compared to the others. I'm not very optimistic.

Reactions: STK

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I've been using b12aura242 rc b12xxiceburst for 30%
its possible with meter or without but if youre using it on block use EX as its 0 but as a punish try to keep meter for aura cancel pressure :) annd you should do rc s1 rc 123 slide

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I do f4 EX Aura on block and the cpu cant jump out if SZ standing 4. It jails. So this cancel has to be pretty plus on block. Like the new cancel Kano has in cutthroat. n

UsedForGlue

I imagine the NRS response on that would be " We wouldn't want to make SZ OP now would we?" :DOGE
Yea, I doubt they would want to make Unbreakable good...

It just puzzles me how two or three characters can have the same utility move (such as a defence aura) but both have completely different laws.

Last edited:

wayward

just neutral jump
I agree with the op about the parry. He really does need to be able to get his parry game better. But I disagree about the pressure.

Although it would be great for other strings to be plus on block, f4 is actually very strong for pressure and mix ups. Almost anything you do (including b2 even though the link is very tight) is a true block string after f4 ex aura.

Last edited:

wayward

just neutral jump
Also if you spend the bar for ex aura on a f42 you can the stagger the string into a meterless parry which is fast enough to catch Cassie's getaway flip reversal.

UsedForGlue

Also if you spend the bar for ex aura on a f42 you can the stagger the string into a meterless parry which is fast enough to catch Cassie's getaway flip reversal.
I understand, but I keep having to be the villain here with Unbreakable when I ask questions like:

Why would you spend a bar of meter after a string that is -7 on block, to make the move safer, and then throw out a parry, thus allowing the opponent to punish you?

People have been throwing around this whole new theory since the patch, of saying, you can get a normal parry off after this string if you MB the aura...

Its something I don't think is worth it right out the gate as a standard for Unbreakable, as you couldnt possibly know what any opponent will do after a string like F42 MB Aura, whilst the Parry can be back dashed and jumped over, it only covers reversals, so it is the ballsiest or ballsy things to do.

The key here is to put the opponent in a position where they feel like they want to armour you in response to your pushdown, not the other way around.

My Unbreakable is a work in progress, but anything I figure out, I will share with the Sub forum.

All in good time, I need to put my findings through the bullshit test, which is basically, vs Foxy.

Last edited:

wayward

just neutral jump
The same reason you would throw out any parry after a safe string, to catch the counter poke. Truth be told I'd rather spend the bar on ex aura and take less damage if I make the wrong read then on the ex parry. If they start respecting your parry after the f42 then you can keep hitting buttons and try And make something happen

boba_buster

Noob saibot
You can't just throw parrys after a block string , no body falls for that. You have to bait them jip d3 , then parry , everyone who blocks a jip expects you to throw a low poke , and when they block the low poke they all try poking back because most characters can beat subs d3 and d1. That's when you throw the parry , when you know there's better than 50% chance they're going to poke back. Parry is the random factor. You have to focus on his other tools, which now he actually has with ice burst and an aura that combos. And btw using a bar of meter to make a block string safe is just bad meter management. Way better uses.

wayward

just neutral jump
You can't just throw parrys after a block string , no body falls for that. You have to bait them jip d3 , then parry , everyone who blocks a jip expects you to throw a low poke , and when they block the low poke they all try poking back because most characters can beat subs d3 and d1. That's when you throw the parry , when you know there's better than 50% chance they're going to poke back. Parry is the random factor. You have to focus on his other tools, which now he actually has with ice burst and an aura that combos. And btw using a bar of meter to make a block string safe is just bad meter management. Way better uses.
I'm not saying to do it all the time or anything like that. I'm saying its an option. Say I just do f42 ex aura and then go for a b33. The opponent could obviously counter poke or armour or throw out a faster move, but if they respect my option to do the parry I could get away with it and continue some pressure

UsedForGlue

I could be completely wrong about Unbreakable.

The only thing I can think is, after another year of the game, maybe we will learn to block everything, and maybe not get hit by all the bullshit the game has, and then, MAYBE Unbreakable might have something...but its a long long long educated guess.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Please, NRS, for the love of gawd! If UB Sub can block a lot allowing his opponents to build meter like maniacs, it's only fair to allow HIM build meter when he's blocking while aura is on (and/or when he gets hit with ex aura on), so at least he can trade freakin' breakers. Sun God Kotal has so many cool stuff, UB could use, dmg buff while absorbing projectile with parry included. All that went to character with incredible dmg potential and self healing (Kotal) whereas UB Sub still sucks! The tools distribution among characters in this game is suspicious!

boba_buster

Noob saibot
They need to make parry safe , even with a safe parry the opponent still has a free 50/50. At that point atleast we have a chance of not eating every cast members most damaging combo

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Blood God has 200% damage combos using his parry, not because of practicality, but because of utility. We have... A pressure gimmick with holes like Swiss cheese AND it costs a bar? C'mon man. It's like NRS was making this character and the phone rang.

I think the best suggestions so far have been to allow meter gain on block when aura is active, and to make parry way safer. One thought I had for a parry/dmg buff would be to not have damage scaling triggered if the opponent is frozen by the parry, but keep damage scaling on ice blast where it is. This would be a slight buff, and would reward players for using his tools correctly.