What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable Review 2.0.

WT_Neptune

Praying for Rain
Would aura'd aura burst being as fast as ex burst be too big of a buff? Would Ex Aura making Aura Burst a meterless Ex be too big of a buff? I need more air control, dawg.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Why don't you parry-... Oh wait that's right, it's hot (cold?) garbage.

I think maybe a hit of armor with the same start-up would be acceptable, giving him a reason to use aura outside of IAC strings or avoiding heavy chip damage from FF Liu Kang's. Making it fast and a launch would be overkill IMO.

Stand 1, d2, ex frost bomb, trip guards, jik... SZ has decent air control options. The key is consistently succeeding with them in an inconsistent environment (online). After that, it's MU knowledge.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
36% 1meter midscreen combo

jip, b12, ice aura, b12, freeze, jip, b12, frost bomb, rc f4 2 1+3

not gonna lie, at the beginning it wasnt that consistent, but now since i know the timing im hitting it more often, u just have to get familliar with the timing of b12 ice aura into b12 freeze and your gold, very doable.

just thought about sharing, struggle is real i know ..

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I spent a good 2 hours yesterday practicing b12xxdb3 b12 in practice mode and playing ranked to try and get it down in lag , got it 8 outta 10 offline but man is it tight with lag

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The bottom line is, his design doesn't make any sense, nothing previous plays into the next thing he has.

Any time I play the character or hit the lab for hours with Unbreakable, I feel like I am constantly trying to square the circle.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Idk if this is new or not but if you're in the corner try b2 b2 b12 mb ice aura 123 slide and it should be 36% and now you have mb aura on. It's tough at first but once you get the timing then bam. Easy

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The bottom line is, his design doesn't make any sense, nothing previous plays into the next thing he has.

Any time I play the character or hit the lab for hours with Unbreakable, I feel like I am constantly trying to square the circle.
Your absolutely right , I've been using no variation again for a while and the other day decided to go back to unbreakable , with ice burst now I can just play him like I play no variation and get a little more damage off a jump in

ColdSpine

if there is any patch coming, do u guys think unbreakable will get some tweaks or should we just let go ..

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
if there is any patch coming, do u guys think unbreakable will get some tweaks or should we just let go ..
Before the last patch I was against the idea of giving mb aura enhanced damage cuz it didn't serve a purpose in my mind, why give a defensive variation damage buffs. THEN the patch hit and they made unbreakable a variation that no longer centers on baits and reads into parry with having aura on ALL the time to reduce chip to a variation that forces you to NOT HAVE aura on so u can get the cancel into it on hit. Before the patch it was a shitty variation but it was clear what you had to do with it, now you're stuck with having tools that don't mix togheter very well.
So I agree with @UsedForGlue wholeheartedly now on the damage buff to mb aura as well with the other points he mentioned.
Unbreakable's parry has to recover instantly on a blocked projectile so he can have aura available solely for cancel purposes, and mb aura should give him a damage boost. Untill this happens along with the string adjustments that @UsedForGlue mentioned I don't see UB being on the level of GM or even CM.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
That awkward moment when you're warming up before tournament with Unbreakable and opponents say "I just don't have an answer to this!"

UsedForGlue

If this variation is buffed and sorted properly, I would use Sub, I honestly only want a defensive variation, and I think a lot of players that play a defensive reaction based play style, like me, are missing a pure defensive variation, Unbreakable could be it...could be.

Its just a horrible shame that he isn't understood, even by the devs.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Barrier of Frost - 2f start up, 7f recovery. Freezes jump ins, OH, low, mid, blocks projectiles, 1f recovery upon any contact. Short freeze duration. Successful party applies aura.

Barrier of Ice - 1f start up, 7f recovery. Same as above, successful parry applies MB aura.

Something like this, make it function like Kotal's parry at least, only ours is without a damage buff.

ColdSpine

i really dont understand why they didnt make ex shield parry jump ins, im wasting a bar on the main tool of this variation so i should get something in return and its not like i can spam it all day since i have 3 bars only aside from my opponent empty jumping to bait it and punish it.

i really love this variation and i play it the most among all characters but its a bitter pill to swallow if things remain the same.

no one is asking for ridiculous buffs or new moves or drastic changes, its just tweaking couple things that would make the character

function the way he should be functioning. take a look on those small tweaks:

- shield recovers instantly if you successfully managed to parry a projectile.

- ex shield parries jump ins also

- either give damage boost on ex aura or simply remove the damage scaling from it since this overlaps with idea itself lol

- while performing ex aura in blockstrings make it at least +3 to allow us to continue pressure

now you simply have a good character capable of good meter building, pressure and a good punish on a successful parry. simply, viable.

ah maybe its just wishful thinking but yeah one can dream right

boba_buster

Noob saibot
All he needs is for parry to be safe , a failed parry will still grant the opponent a free 50/50 I think that's fair enough

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@UsedForGlue maybe you posted this before but can you please tell me how much the ex aura and regular aura cancel is on block/hit after subs strings.
Or is there somewhere i can check to find out the values?

UsedForGlue

@UsedForGlue maybe you posted this before but can you please tell me how much the ex aura and regular aura cancel is on block/hit after subs strings.
Or is there somewhere i can check to find out the values?
The only true MB block string he has is F4 MB Aura.

Everything else is armour-able.

So for me, it doesn't really matter about how much you are, the opponent will or won't armour.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
The only true MB block string he has is F4 MB Aura.

Everything else is armour-able.

So for me, it doesn't really matter about how much you are, the opponent will or won't armour.
the reason i'm asking is if the regular aura cancel on block would be something like -4 then I can use ex parry as follow up to catch my opponent similar how f33 on block works.

UsedForGlue

the reason i'm asking is if the regular aura cancel on block would be something like -4 then I can use ex parry as follow up to catch my opponent similar how f33 on block works.
The parry in this game doesn't work, especially considering that is doesn't parry projectiles.

With his MB cancels, he is plus, but you can always armour if you are the opponent. So parrying after his MB cancels makes no real sense, when blocking will suffice, but after F33 it is viable, as the opponent may think its a simple case of taking their go at pressing buttons.

His F4 aura, is +5 max as his B12 mid wins vs 7-8 frame pokes (haven't fully tested), could be slightly higher, so parrying after that would be counter productive, and the parry is always a HUGE Gamble, as unlike armoured moves, the opponent can just stand still, or jump, or walk back etc, the parry only covers one option, although, a parry after his B12 is possibly the best option are you -6 and you really can do much after it, except back dash, or block, but because his MB parry is 3 frames, most standing reversals beat it...as it has no armour, you may as well use DB1 MB.

Last edited:

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
The parry in this game doesn't work, especially considering that is doesn't parry projectiles.

With his cancels, he is maybe +1 or 0 after F4 Aura, so parrying after that makes no real sense, but after F33 it does, as the opponent may think its a simple case of taking their go at pressing buttons.

His B12 is another good spot, but you need to use MB Aura.

His F4 aura, is 0 or maybe +1, could be slightly higher, so parrying after that would be counter productive, and the parry is always a HUGE Gamble, as unlike armoured moves, the opponent can just stand still, or jump, or walk back etc, the parry only covers one option.
this is why this variation has no rhyme or reason to me, the tools you have available don't mesh together in a cohesive way.

UsedForGlue

Unbreakable is still in the same ranks as Ninjitsu, Hat Trick, Warrior, Lasher, were they are ok, but they have massive plot holes in their design and don't fit the game currently.

Unbreakable's reward for blocking and defending should be increased with;
Meter gained while blocking in Aura.
Damage taken in MB Aura reduced more.
Parry recovering instantly on projectiles.
Damage buffed while MB aura is active.
MB Frost bomb conversions buffed to the 35% mark MAX, just like other launching MB options in the game.
Absolute advantage from his MB Cancels, and always + on his regular cancels.

This all might sound crazy, but when you boil his options down it is very simple...

1. Put the Aura on to buff your defence and take no chip, this means you cannot gain access to any advantage pressure options.
2. Leave the aura off, allowing you to gain options to offence.

This one buff would make sense of the variation, His DB1 shatter should have advantage on block if he shatters his Aura, this means that he can use his MB aura cancels, and finish his strings with the shatter, and still maintain offence, this would allow Sub Zero to defend and attack, while rewarding him for both, especially if his DB1 MB shatter was buffed.

You should have to tread carefully against Unbreakable, and maybe fear a 35%+ Armoured launcher for getting too close, this should be the fear, but right now, 25% punishes really isn't cutting it.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Unbreakable is still in the same ranks as Ninjitsu, Hat Trick, Warrior, Lasher, were they are ok, but they have massive plot holes in their design and don't fit the game currently.

Unbreakable's reward for blocking and defending should be increased with;
Meter gained while blocking in Aura.
Damage taken in MB Aura reduced more.
Parry recovering instantly on projectiles.
Damage buffed while MB aura is active.
MB Frost bomb conversions buffed to the 35% mark MAX, just like other launching MB options in the game.
Absolute advantage from his MB Cancels, and always + on his regular cancels.

This all might sound crazy, but when you boil his options down it is very simple...

1. Put the Aura on to buff your defence and take no chip, this means you cannot gain access to any advantage pressure options.
2. Leave the aura off, allowing you to gain options to offence.

This one buff would make sense of the variation, His DB1 shatter should have advantage on block if he shatters his Aura, this means that he can use his MB aura cancels, and finish his strings with the shatter, and still maintain offence, this would allow Sub Zero to defend and attack, while rewarding him for both, especially if his DB1 MB shatter was buffed.

You should have to tread carefully against Unbreakable, and maybe fear a 35%+ Armoured launcher for getting too close, this should be the fear, but right now, 25% punishes really isn't cutting it.
So yeah it doesn't really matter is you buff both the aura and cancels cuz you can only use one at a time.