What's new

UMK3: Who is a counterpick vs Mileena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A l i

[TAS]
Hello everyone, so i am a player that constantly attends Russian UMK3 Tournaments. and they have this format called New Order. In this format, TOP 4 Characters(Kabal, Human Smoke, Ermac, Nightwolf) are banned or you can pick them only 1-2 times out of 5 matches. this tournament has been going on for some time and it allowed the community to start learning all other characters. Problem is, Mileena is almost a counter vs everyone. She punishes even the sweeps of Jax, Kano, Sonya. Has highkick, lowkick, uppercut, punishes CSub ice, Reptile Forceball from close distance,Liu Kang low fireball, and almost anything. Her Sai is almost an ideal IAF that can hit even the lowest sprited chars like Liu Kang while jabbing unlike Kabal IAFS. so Zoning vs her is not an option i would say. Who in your opinion have the tools to counter Mileena in this format? Very interested to know your thoughts on this

ded

Elder God
Ermac and Nightwolf are not top 4, unless you play online, where the game completely changes depending on how much lag/delay you have. Speaking of which, playing online against Mileena is very annoying due to roll counter reaction.

offline counters for mileena are probably almost everyone, where Lao absolutely destroys her. however he is completely useless character online, unless you have less than 3ms and even then input loss could be disaster with him.

you can counter her online easier as kano, sonya and sindel and depending on your mind games with rsmoke and stryker.

hope it helps.

Reactions: nwo

A l i

[TAS]
Ermac and Nightwolf are not top 4, unless you play online, where the game completely changes depending on how much lag/delay you have. Speaking of which, playing online against Mileena is very annoying due to roll counter reaction.

offline counters for mileena are probably almost everyone, where Lao absolutely destroys her. however he is completely useless character online, unless you have less than 3ms and even then input loss could be disaster with him.

you can counter her online easier as kano, sonya and sindel and depending on your mind games with rsmoke and stryker.

hope it helps.
So many points i am disagreeing with you on this. First of all, Ermac is a top 3 pers both online and offline. Just his sweep punish of 82 percent is easy top char, combine it with big combos and teleport, he is easily top 3. I would personally put Reptile as a top 4 char but i havent used a Nightwolf. As for Lao Lao is a monster in right hands in both online and offline i know some players with 30-50ms that can destroy lots of teleporter mainers with 1ms. Mileena is also top 5 character i would say. Offline doesnt make her tools any more lower i think. Sindel absolutely has no chance vs Mileena, Sonya as well, Kano is 40-60 favor of Mileena, and robot gets destroyed due to Sai not allowing for invisibility and every combo having easy relaunches. This is why it is a hard to pick a conter. I am guessing you havent played umk online in a while? Btw love the latest combo faq umk3

Magictrick

UMK3 54 fps enjoyer
If you don't know who to pick to counter a hard matchup, you can always pick the same character for the perfect 5-5 MU ez
And then if you lose, that's just you being a worse player than your opponent

You guys share the same character select screen. Can't complain about the character being broken if you are playing the same char, you feel me?

MRIGOTBASS

Btw since you are here, what are your thoughts and tips on reptile classic subzero matchup, and kitana
You literally just told @ded u disagree with everything he said lol Now u want more help and tips? I think you need to take a step back and learn whats called common courtesy, typically when u ask someone for help and then tell them how wrong they are not going to “help” you anymore. Ask your brother for help maybe he can telekinesis you the answer lol.

Reactions: ded

A l i

[TAS]
You literally just told @ded u disagree with everything he said lol Now u want more help and tips? I think you need to take a step back and learn whats called common courtesy, typically when u ask someone for help and then tell them how wrong they are not going to “help” you anymore. Ask your brother for help maybe he can telekinesis you the answer lol.
i disagreed with him on tier list, and 2nd learn to read) i asked for tip on reptile classic subzero matchup. and i will be sure to try out his tips for Mileena matchups as well. I respect him a lot more than you can imagine FYI. He helped me learn Reptile

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hello everyone, so i am a player that constantly attends Russian UMK3 Tournaments. and they have this format called New Order. In this format, TOP 4 Characters(Kabal, Human Smoke, Ermac, Nightwolf) are banned or you can pick them only 1-2 times out of 5 matches. this tournament has been going on for some time and it allowed the community to start learning all other characters. Problem is, Mileena is almost a counter vs everyone. She punishes even the sweeps of Jax, Kano, Sonya. Has highkick, lowkick, uppercut, punishes CSub ice, Reptile Forceball from close distance,Liu Kang low fireball, and almost anything. Her Sai is almost an ideal IAF that can hit even the lowest sprited chars like Liu Kang while jabbing unlike Kabal IAFS. so Zoning vs her is not an option i would say. Who in your opinion have the tools to counter Mileena in this format? Very interested to know your thoughts on this
ded is right about the differences between offline and online. My same initial reaction was Kung Lao being a great counter, as one blocked roll or tp could easily lead to an infinite. Only downside is he doesn’t get jump in combo starters on her, including his teleport.

After that, my next choice is Sonya. I feel Sonya is slightly underrated in general, but I also think she does a decent job in this MU.

After that, it’d be Kitana. It’s better if you can do her instant air fans, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a requirement.

But if this is an online tournament, it’s a lot harder to give advice imo

hope it helps.
Imo, Ermac is top 3. What does your tier list look like? Here’s mine:

Obviously not everyone agrees on the tier lists, and not everyone agrees with mine. Especially where I have Kung Lao, Jade, Scorpion, etc. But anyway, how would you order the tier list? Also, this is for offline. Here’s the template: https://tiermaker.com/create/arcade-umk3-tier-list-191839

A l i

[TAS]
ded is right about the differences between offline and online. My same initial reaction was Kung Lao being a great counter, as one blocked roll or tp could easily lead to an infinite. Only downside is he doesn’t get jump in combo starters on her, including his teleport.

After that, my next choice is Sonya. I feel Sonya is slightly underrated in general, but I also think she does a decent job in this MU.

After that, it’d be Kitana. It’s better if you can do her instant air fans, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a requirement.

View attachment 18806

Obviously not everyone agrees on the tier lists, and not everyone agrees with mine. Especially where I have Kung Lao, Jade, Scorpion, etc. But anyway, how would you order the tier list? Also, this is for offline. Here’s the template: https://tiermaker.com/create/arcade-umk3-tier-list-191839
i havent played offline after discovering online but i will be sure to make my tier list for online and send it here and explain all the reasons of why which char is where

nwo

Noob
I think your ping is far more important than a tier list, when playing online. It's worse than just input delay I think. How do you even verify that your screen is truly synced with your opponents over the internet? I've done some testing in the past when working on MAME, two computers in the same room with one screen being a frame or two ahead of the other. It could just be the monitor(s), but still..

A l i

[TAS]

View attachment 18806

Here is the tier list for Online Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. This Tierlist is appliable for players up to 45 ping. After that, you cannot use some characters to their full advantage. Any questions about the list, i will be sure to answer when i get a chance.

MRIGOTBASS

I think your ping is far more important than a tier list, when playing online. It's worse than just input delay I think. How do you even verify that your screen is truly synced with your opponents over the internet? I've done some testing in the past when working on MAME, two computers in the same room with one screen being a frame or two ahead of the other. It could just be the monitor(s), but still..
PC based UMK3 will never work, it has to be console only with like hardware on each side ggpo works great except it does not prevent some asshole trying to run fightcade or mame on a pc that cannot emulate the game at the correct speed. That factor aint there with consoles, my console aint faster or slower than yours, only variable is network and ggpo solves that.

MRIGOTBASS

View attachment 18808

View attachment 18808

Here is the tier list for Online Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. This Tierlist is appliable for players up to 45 ping. After that, you cannot use some characters to their full advantage. Any questions about the list, i will be sure to answer when i get a chance.
Sheeva and Sektor are the lowest tier in the game online really? Lol seems like my Sheeva and Sektor clinics are that much more impressive then lol.

A l i

[TAS]
Sheeva and Sektor are the lowest tier in the game online really? Lol seems like my Sheeva and Sektor clinics are that much more impressive then lol.
Well, if you are winning with Sheeva or Sektor, it means 3 things. Player has great mind game, Player has luck, Opponent sucks. Because after you reach a certain level in UMK, there is just no way of winning with those chars

A l i

[TAS]
If you don't know who to pick to counter a hard matchup, you can always pick the same character for the perfect 5-5 MU ez
And then if you lose, that's just you being a worse player than your opponent

You guys share the same character select screen. Can't complain about the character being broken if you are playing the same char, you feel me?
[/QUOTE
Problem is your answer is a common logic. This post is about counterpicks. It is like saying Who wins HSmoke or Kabal and someone replies Well why dont you just pick what your opponent picks and if you lose you are just bad?

MRIGOTBASS

Well, if you are winning with Sheeva or Sektor, it means 3 things. Player has great mind game, Player has luck, Opponent sucks. Because after you reach a certain level in UMK, there is just no way of winning with those chars
Dude, you brother ISUM teaches a course on how to move shit with his mind and your totally ok with that its on youtube Telekenetic Energy all that, but the fact that Sheeva may be better than you think she is, you just throw that out the window like oh the opponent must suck.

That video is Tank-U-Gin from Mother Russia, playing USA's finest NoDoubt Arion in person. Tank gets abused by Sheeva using kabal, I mean like 10 games in a row then another 8 or some shit the dude gets beat in a way that he cant get beat in russia, this is the USA dog and we get down slightly different over here lol.

Brotha Ali, just do what you do but just know the USA Sheevas ain't no joke dog, we write the book on this shit lol.

A l i

[TAS]
Dude, you brother ISUM teaches a course on how to move shit with his mind and your totally ok with that its on youtube Telekenetic Energy all that, but the fact that Sheeva may be better than you think she is, you just throw that out the window like oh the opponent must suck.

That video is Tank-U-Gin from Mother Russia, playing USA's finest NoDoubt Arion in person. Tank gets abused by Sheeva using kabal, I mean like 10 games in a row then another 8 or some shit the dude gets beat in a way that he cant get beat in russia, this is the USA dog and we get down slightly different over here lol.

Brotha Ali, just do what you do but just know the USA Sheevas ain't no joke dog, we write the book on this shit lol.
I dont know what book you write but last time we played with you, you asked for ft 15 and left after 5-0. I cant speak on the behalf of tank but i dare any Sheeva player from anywhere in the world to play vs any good Kabal player from here. That matchup is absolutely in favor of Kabal. and problem of Sheeva is you can runjab her endlessly and she will get stuck to frametrap and in corner there is easy trap. thats it

MRIGOTBASS

I dont know what book you write but last time we played with you, you asked for ft 15 and left after 5-0. I cant speak on the behalf of tank but i dare any Sheeva player from anywhere in the world to play vs any good Kabal player from here. That matchup is absolutely in favor of Kabal. and problem of Sheeva is you can runjab her endlessly and she will get stuck to frametrap and in corner there is easy trap. thats it
Ignore @NoDoubt destroying tankugin on american soil, theres nothing to see here just keep it moving lol

A l i

[TAS]
Ignore @NoDoubt destroying tankugin on american soil, theres nothing to see here just keep it moving lol
First of all, God knows how long ago it was since Tank back then didnt even know how to do IAFS, and 2nd, cut it out already with the nationalism. This is a post about umk. Not nationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.