What's new

UMK3 Tournament at ECC-EVO in Stamford, CT May 25-27

TOURNAMENT

I ,Cheatin, will surely attend the contest in Stamford, ct.
i've been puttin in a lil more practice. lol, i thought i was the best in the WORLD. im starting to find out alot of you are swift cheaters too........nice.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well, we've got a whopping 12 players right now folks, with just under 2 months to go.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think anyone will object to it. Personally, I would want every person to play on the same controller format, being stick, as if it were an arcade machine tournament, but I know how particular some people can be. If it were at the Break again, it'd be on an arcade machine anyway, and I know Frankie contemplated bringing his arcade machine out if it were feasible. If he can make that happen, we will play it on that and there won't be a controller option.

I am bringing sticks though that will be set up specifically for X360, not adapters like last time. One is being made, the other I have to send out to be refit and I'll do that tomorrow, and then we'll have a back up one that Dreemer will rig up sometime inbetween incase whoever wins takes the stick and has to leave so we'll still have two. The one being made right now will be a prize, but entry fee money will be as well.

The stick will be valued at $150 and prize money could be up to $100 depending on how many people show up.

lex said:
I would really like to go to this but getting up there would be difficult unless I can fly to NYC and get a ride up there
if you fly into newark (Code: EWR) i can pick you up on fri on my way up

let me know

i don't check here much but my AIM is RSigley001 or email me rsigley[at]gmail[dot]com

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I need to know what days people are planning on going. I would like to have everyone who wants to participate in the tournament to be there Saturday. If there aren't a lot of people I'll put it off til Sunday, but only if people are going to guarantee being there. If everyone is going to be there Saturday then we don't have to stay overnight into Sunday and I would like to know that now for room reservations.

I was planning on coming down saturday, maybe friday night... staying one night either friday or saturday and if needed driving back next day. I would prefer saturday for me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I like to be there the night before so setting up is easy, but since it's only going to be the Xbox and there won't be any configuring needed I might be able to swing just getting there around 2 or so and leaving whenever.

yea dude, its an xbox and a TV with some controllers/joysticks. Simple. I was thinking of bringing my xbox too. Dunno if I'm gonna yet.

I'll be able to go if my dad's off of work on memorial day weekend. we don't know if he is though. I really look forward to seeing all of you guys..

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Post with info ASAP.

For anyone going who wants to stay over Saturday into Sunday let me know so I can get a room. If no one is then I will only go up for Saturday and that's it, otherwise I'm looking to stay into Sunday to get some more casuals and vids.

Me and my buddies are going to probably stay over saturday night, not 100% sure. I'm gonna call this week and see whats up with vacancies, and if its shaping up to be sold out then I'm going to just grab a room saturday if it seems the sitution is worth it.

ADD ME TO TOURNAMENT

- SHOCK - CAN YOU ADD ME AS A DEFINATE ATTENDEE? MY GAMER TAG WAS BIGGER BELLY ON XBLA - IM COMING W CHEATINASS WINS AND CHEBBS - ILL BE THERE - I SUCK ON JOYSTICKS - I MADE AN ARCADE JOYSTICK AND DONT REALLY LIKE IT- HOPEFULLY I CAN USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER - MY JADE BEAT U ALL

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yes I remember that match, you earned it. You were one of the good challenges early on when people started playing. You moved my rank up a lot! :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Tournament Prize Arcade Stick has arrived. Best pics I can do for now:

There is a port on the right side where you can plug in the headphones. I will test it all out tonight.

On a side note, if everyone who is going shows up, we might even need a second TV and 360...if anyone is willing to bring a set up with them for back up on the casuals, etc, let me know. If not, there will be a lot of waiting.

I might be able to bring a 360 but I cant bring a TV... If someone can bring a TV let me know and I'll just tell my brother tough shit and steal the 360 lol.

Oh yea and for the record..... if for some reason someone wins who doesnt want the joystick and would be willing to sell it, I'm calling first dibs right now :p

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well, basically what I'll do is, say someone wins who doesn't want the stick, and we get 20 people at $7 each (less than that I'll do $5), I'd give $100 to the winner and $40 to 3rd place, the stick to second, etc. Essentially what I'd like to see is, stick to the winner ($160), $100 to second place, and $40 to 3rd, or in that area.

Right now what I'm looking at is just going up early on Saturday and coming back home Saturday night. It's only 1 hour 45 minute drive, like Philly so I'm not concerned about staying over or running two days. If enough guys who are there say they want to come back Sunday, I'll just room with someone since several people who are staying offered me a room.

If by some chance we get a lot more players the cash amounts will be divided differently.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Tested it out. Works great. One bad thing, the port for the head phone jack is about a micron too small. He didn't have one to test it with, so I'm going to have to file out the notch a bit.